Here I present you my Herb Quark recipe. This is a spread for bread as well as a side dish for potatoes or meat dishes or vegetables.
This recipe herb quark does you little work in the preparation. It is optimal for on the way. You can use it at home or during the break at work or for a picnic or or…
You can use the recipe with different ingredients according to your taste. Below you will find various suggestions and suggestions.
I wish you good luck and would like to share this article with your friends!
1. The Preparation for the Herb Quark
What can you get for your herb curd in the supermarket or weekly market? Here is my list for you with the ingredients and alternatives.
- quark (different fat levels, preferably a higher fat level) or layered cheese or cream cheese or soy quark
- lemon or lemon juice
- fresh herbs: parsley, chives, dill, thyme, chervil, rosemary, lovage, marjoram, oregano, cress
- according to taste and season: fresh wild garlic
- pepper and salt (have you probably already in the house?)
2. Herbal Quark Preparation
A great herb quark lives from the addition and quality of the fresh herbs. Of course you can also use frozen herbs, but I would only recommend this in case of an “emergency”.
You can even fry the herbs to get a better taste. The deep-fried herbs in the spread have another advantage as an ingredient: The herb curd can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Fry the herbs: More taste and longer shelf life!
If necessary, you can add fresh herbs to the bread spread. Thyme and rosemary, for example, are suitable for frying. You can add fresh chives, dill, parsley or cress to the quark.
3. Herb Quark as a Side Dish
The right bread? I suggest the wholesome and grainy breads: Black bread, farmer’s bread, grain bread and pumpernickel.
Potatoes: The boiled potatoes taste most delicious to me. But baked potatoes are also delicious.
Meat: Instead of the usual BBQ sauce, this spread goes great with grilled meat.
Vegetables: Our herb quark also goes well with oven vegetables.
4. Recipe Herb Quark
Here’s the recipe, good luck… I am looking forward to your comments!
- 150-200 g Quark optional also cream cheese
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 pinch Salz I use Himalaya salt
- 2 pinch pepper Inas black pepper
- 4 twig thyme
- 2 tbs chives rolls please cut fresh and thin
- 2 tbs fresh dill or parsley other herbs: chervil, marjoram, oregano, lovage
- 4 slices bread or rolls
- 5 tbsp sun flower oil optional for frying
- some cress
- Place the quark in a bowl and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Prepare rosemary and thyme twigs for frying.
- Finely chop chives, dill and parsley
- Fry the rosemary and thyme in the pan at 170°C for approx. 2 - 3 minutes.
- Pluck the fried herbs and chop finely, mix with the quark.
- Portion the herb spread, complete with fresh herbs as required and spread on the bread.
- Decorate bread with herb spread and cress or chives rolls and serve quickly.