OTHER LANGUAGES: German
At this point I would like to introduce you to my Herb Cream Cheese recipe. A spread for bread or a side dish for warm meals.
Cream cheese with herbs is prepared very quickly and leaves the finished, purchased similar product from the trade miles behind. The really small effort in preparation makes a huge difference in taste.
I can only advise everyone to jump over their little inertia shadow to land so far ahead in culinary terms!
In my recipe I will show you how to make this beautiful spread very quickly and easily.
Have fun with the preparation and enjoyment!
1. Prepare Herb Cream Cheese
First of all, we briefly think about the ingredients:
- Cream cheese: Here I would go back to the classic Philadelphia. If this is not available, I would simply advise you to get the cheapest classic cream cheese (dealer’s own brand). You let this cream cheese drain for about 3 hours in a kitchen towel and a fine sieve – you can also squeeze out a little bit of the liquid at the end.
- Herbs: Fresh herbs are the best! I use chives, dill and cress. You can use parsley, chervil and even thyme, oregano or marjoram in addition or as a substitute. I would personally refrain from using frozen herbs.
- Lemon: Here I only use the juice.
- Spices: I use salt, freshly ground pepper and cayenne pepper.
- NO onion!!! This would lead to fermentation if the herbal cream cheese is kept and we don’t want that.
The preparation of our great fresh cheese is relatively simple after the purchase. So, the ingredients make the cream, right?!
Basically you just have to chop the herbs into small pieces. Then mix the cream cheese plus herbs plus lemon juice plus spices well with a spoon.
Decorate finely with cress or sprouts. And your cream of cream cheese and herbs is ready to eat.
3. Recipe Herb Cream Cheese
Click here for the recipe. Have fun preparing it and feel free to ask me questions about it using the comment function.
- 200 g cream cheese
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbs chive rolls Please cut fresh and thin
- 3 tbs fresh dill or parsley, chervil, marjoram, oregano, lovage...
- 3 tbs green fine cress
- 3 pinches salt I use Himalayan salt
- 2 pinches pepper I use black pepper
- some garden cress to decorate
- Cut the chives into fine rolls.
- Cut dill and cress finely as well.
- Put the fresh cheese in a bowl. Add the herbs, lemon juice and salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Mix the cream with a spoon.
- Portion the cream and decorate with garden cress.
- Bon appetit!
4. Calories Herbal Cream Cheese the nutritional Values at a Glance
5. Similar RecipesHerbs Quark Potato Cheese Liptauer Obazda Vegan Bread Spread
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Bread Spread Recipes
- Current and New Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German