Herb Cream Cheese Recipe – a homemade Topping with fresh Herbs
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Prepare Herb Cream CheeseChives, dill and cress freshly cut with halved lemon. First of all, we briefly think about the ingredients:
- Cream cheese: Here I would go back to the classic Philadelphia. If this is not available, I would simply advise you to get the cheapest classic cream cheese (dealer’s own brand). You let this cream cheese drain for about 3 hours in a kitchen towel and a fine sieve – you can also squeeze out a little bit of the liquid at the end.
- Herbs: Fresh herbs are the best! I use chives, dill and cress. You can use parsley, chervil and even thyme, oregano or marjoram in addition or as a substitute. I would personally refrain from using frozen herbs.
- Lemon: Here I only use the juice.
- Spices: I use salt, freshly ground pepper and cayenne pepper.
- NO onion!!! This would lead to fermentation if the herbal cream cheese is kept and we don’t want that.
2. PreparationThe preparation of our great fresh cheese is relatively simple after the purchase. So, the ingredients make the cream, right?! Basically you just have to chop the herbs into small pieces. Then mix the cream cheese plus herbs plus lemon juice plus spices well with a spoon. Decorate finely with cress or sprouts. And your cream of cream cheese and herbs is ready to eat. Cream cheese decorated with cress.
3. Recipe Herb Cream CheeseClick here for the recipe. Have fun preparing it and feel free to ask me questions about it using the comment function.
Herb Cream Cheese
Prepare herb cream cheese with garden herbs quickly and easily. All chef tips from professional chef Thomas Sixt.
|3||tbs||chive rolls (Please cut fresh and thin)|
|3||tbs||fresh dill (or parsley, chervil, marjoram, oregano, lovage...)|
|3||tbs||green fine cress|
|3||pinches||Salt (I use Himalayan salt)|
|2||pinches||Pepper (I use black pepper)|
|some||garden cress (to decorate)|
Cut the chives into fine rolls.
Cut dill and cress finely as well.
Put the fresh cheese in a bowl. Add the herbs, lemon juice and salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Mix the cream with a spoon.
Portion the cream and decorate with garden cress.
4. Calories Herbal Cream Cheese the nutritional Values at a Glance
5. Similar Recipes