Today I show you my wonderful, simple halibut recipe for fast cooking. Chanterelles are seasonally available in summer. You can also use other mushrooms and so this dish fits on the table in every season.
Halibut is one of the most demanding fish in the kitchen because it decomposes quickly if prepared incorrectly. Of course I have a great preparation solution for you. It is worth reading on! Plan a good 45 minutes for the dish. By the way, you can prepare the ingredients very well. This is the hint in the direction… Remember recipe for the next invitation!
Now I wish you a lot of reading fun and later good luck in the kitchen. One more question? Just write to me using the comment function at the bottom of the page.
1. Which mushrooms are suitable for this dish?
The hat-journalists simply harmonize wonderfully with the water dwellers. When shopping, you can flexibly adapt to the situation according to offers. Recommendable are:
- Herb-side mushrooms
- Porcini mushrooms
- Chestnuts mushrooms
Natürlich würde auch weißer und schwarzer Trüffel ausgezeichnet passen. Den Luxusgedanken gehe ich dennoch heute nicht nach und besorge lieber ein Körbchen Schwammerl im Supermarkt. I will show you how to clean the mushrooms step by step in an extra article!
Use fresh mushrooms for this dish, the taste is simply stunning.Recommends you cook Thomas Sixt
2. Tips for your fish shopping
You can recognise fresh fish by the following criteria:
- Undamaged and shiny fresh looking skin!
- Bright red gills!
- Clear and shiny eyes (exception: perch-like fish always have cloudy eyes)!
- By smell, fresh sea creatures do not smell!
Frozen goods are always second choice. Freezing extends the shelf life, but the cells are damaged and a lot of free water is produced during preparation.
The best halibut fillet is found on the coast. A visit to the Hamburg fish market would be an option!Means cook Thomas Sixt
3. Supplement ideas
Which side dishes go with it? Here are my suggestions:
- Gnocchi self-made or exceptionally from the package 🙂
- Potatoe puree
- Boiled potatoes or buttered potatoes (you’ll find it at the recipe)
Instead of the mushrooms you can also combine vegetables:
In addition, a beetroot salad with balsamic vinegar would go great with it. Let yourself be inspired and enjoy the selection!
Just keep the SATs down. Potatoes are on your plate fast! Gnocchi are sure to succeed!Recommendation from chef Thomas Sixt
4. Halibut recipe
Now we can go into the kitchen. Please pay special attention to cleanliness when preparing fish. Always clean the boards and knives immediately to prevent salmonella from getting into the food. I will show you how to clean the wooden cutting board in an extra article!
- 8 pc baby potatoes
- 1 bunch parsley
- 20 g butter
- 400 g chanterelles
- 1 tsp oliv oil
- 50 g butter
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 4 pinches chili
- 2 pcs halibut fillets skin on bone
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- salt I use primal salt or Himalayan salt
- Boil the potatoes in their skins in salted water until soft.
- Preheat the oven hot air stage at 120° C and keep the plates warm in the lower part of the oven.
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a hot pan with the foamed butter. Season with salt, pepper and freshly cut parsley and keep warm.
- Clean the mushrooms and prepare them for frying. In the article the article Cleaning mushrooms is linked.
- Heat a pan and fry the chanterelles with olive oil and butter over high heat. After 4 minutes add the finely chopped spring onions. Season the mushroom pan with salt, pepper and some chilli.
- Wash the halibut fillet under cold running water and dry it. Place on a suitable porcelain plate. Marinate the fish fillet with olive oil, salt and pepper. When all side dishes are ready, put the fish plate in the oven and set the egg timer to 10 minutes.
- Heat all side dishes again and season to taste. Remove the warm plates from the oven and place them on a plate to serve. Arrange the mushrooms with the browned butter with the spring onions on the plate and add the potatoes. Remove the fish fillets from the oven, remove the skin and place the fillets in the middle of the plates. Season the fish gently with salt and pepper. Serve quickly – bon appétit!