Today I show you my grilled chicken. You can prepare the meat in the garden over charcoal or use the pan. Prepared on the garden grill the chicken meat tastes incomparably delicious.
Are you also thinking about your dinner? Today you could combine salad with it or maybe vitamin-saving vegetables from the steamer are more your thing? This dish is an invitation to a quick low carb meal, tastes great! Write us about the comment function at the bottom of the page, the chefs here are very, very curious and want to know what you will put on your plate! I will gladly answer your cooking questions 🙂.
The step by step photos accompany you while cooking in the garden. It’s easy and safe, I promise! Enjoy reading and have fun!
1. Chicken whole or in Chicken pieces?
The garden grill with grill grid is not necessarily optimal for the preparation of whole poultry. A revolving spit would be an option, indirect grilling is definitely the order of the day.
Indirect grilling means: Push the barbecue embers to the side and grill with the lid on. You create an area where there is no glowing coal underneath. The food is cooked from the side and is less exposed to the intense heat. I have made a small sketch for you:
I would like to have it practical and faster today and already have my chicken pieces released and prepared. This is much faster and requires less effort. Then there is still time for a campfire. A campfire? Yes, this year I bought a fire bowl and converted it into a grill. First grill with coal, then add wood and enjoy the campfire! Here some impressions…
If it has to go fast, grill chicken parts in pieces. If your time allows you to grill indirectly in whole!Tip for preparing chicken on the garden grill by chef Thomas Sixt
2. Recipe Grill Chicken
Here all steps are explained with photos, I wish you good luck!
- 2-4 pc Chicken Breast I buy organic chicken
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 1 pc Lemon I use organic lemon
- 4 twigs Thyme
- 4 twigs Rosemary
- 1 pc garlic clove I like to use young garlic
- 6 pinches Salt
- 2-4 pinches Pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat the grill, clean the grill with a wire brush and rub with oil.
- Wash, dry and pluck the rosemary and thyme.
- Finely grate the zest of the lemon and add to the herbs.
- Finely chop the herbs and lemon peel.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Wash the poultry meat under cold running water and dry it. Clean the chicken breasts, cut out the veins and cut the meat into strips. You can remove the skin or leave it on the meat. I bought chicken filets without skin. Marinate the meat with oil, herbs, garlic and lemon peel. Let it mature for 10 minutes.
- Heat the grill grate sufficiently and brush with oil. Place the meat side by side and cook.
- Turn the chicken pieces once and cook until juicy. Season the meat with salt, pepper and some sugar. Quickly put them on the plate and serve. Bon appetite!
You can also cut the meat smaller and put it on skewers. This makes turning easier!
3. Calories and nutritional values
Below you will find calories and nutritional values for the presented dish.