In this article, I present my recipe for green asparagus soup. This soup is a special treat and is very easy to make.
Green vegetables must not be cooked for too long, otherwise the colour is gone, so today there is a quick number in every respect. The flavour explosion comes from a special trinity! A large amount of asparagus. This is joined by the combo of caramelised asparagus pieces and raw, fine asparagus strips as a garnish. Finally, the soup is foamed and served with ice-cold brown butter and sesame yuzu.
The step-by-step photos will guide you to soup happiness. Feel free to write me feedback, a cooking question or 🙂 Kitchen gossip!
1. Shopping list for Green Asparagus Soup
Here is the handy list for your shopping.
- Asparagus green –> Get 2 bunches for 2 people for intense flavour.
- Butter –> From the usual section in the supermarket
- Vegetable stock –> Cooked yourself or organic stock from a jar
- White wine –> Dry white wine or Prosecco
- Salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg, cayenne pepper –> I have in the spice rack
- Tomatoes –> For a refreshing decoration
- Sesame –> The spice used is available exclusively in the Sesame Cooking Box.
For this soup, you will need three pots, a fine hair sieve and a hand blender. For carving the asparagus, I recommend a sharp pendulum peeler.
The pendulum peeler is a trendy kitchen accessory in the asparagus seasonChef Thomas Sixt about the asparagus peeler
2. Recipe Green Asparagus Soup
Get inspired to cook now and check out the instructions with step-by-step photos. If you have any questions, please use the comment function at the bottom of the page!
- 100 g brown butter I use frozen to mix up
- 2 Bund green asparagus
- 25 g butter
- 0,1 l White wine dry Bärlauch oder Thymian
- 600 ml Vegetable broth
- 1 pc Tomatoes Ich verwende junge Kartoffeln
- 2 tsp. Sesame Yuzu Furikake Sesam mit Yuzu
- 2 tsp. Wild garlic oil
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, simmer and brown. Strain the butter through a fine hair sieve and place in the freezer.
- Wash the asparagus and place on a kitchen board.
- Cut 2/3 of the green asparagus into small pieces, starting at the ends.
- Place the asparagus pieces in a pot.
- Sweat the asparagus pieces with butter in the pot for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the asparagus pieces with white wine and stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 14 minutes.
- Blend the soup and leave to mature for 10 minutes.
- Strain the soup through a fine hair sieve and leave it in the pot next to the cooker.
- Cut 1/3 of the asparagus spears lengthwise into oblong strips with a peeler.
- Cut the raw asparagus strips into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare the raw asparagus strips as decoration for serving.
- Cut the remaining asparagus spears into thin slices, only halve the tips.
- Sauté the asparagus pieces in a pot with butter.
- Caramelise the asparagus pieces with a little sugar and set aside for serving.
- Prepare the tomato cubes or tomato strips.
- Arrange the caramelised asparagus pieces in warmed soup plates.
- Prepare the wild garlic oil, tomato strips or diced tomatoes, sesame seeds and wild garlic oil.
- Blend the green asparagus soup with the frozen brown butter until frothy and serve.
- Arrange the raw asparagus strips in the middle, decorate with tomato strips, sesame yuzu and wild garlic oil.
- Serve the soup quickly. Bon appetiti!
3. Calories and Nutritional Values
4. Helpful Tips about Asparagus and Asparagus Soup
If you are preparing this soup for guests, please stir the strained soup on ice and chill immediately. This preserves the green colour in the best possible way!
Diced tomatoes as decoration –> Cooking school on Skinning and Peeling tomatoes.
Preparing asparagus –> Cooking school how to peel asparagus.
Preparing asparagus –> Frequently asked questions about cooking asparagus.
Asparagus soup –> Frequently asked questions about cooking asparagus soup.
Asparagus –> Helpful article on Wikipedia.