Today I’ll show you my recipe for goat cheese salad with asparagus and strawberries.
Goat cheese, green asparagus and strawberries are a wonderful combination of taste and colour.
For this salad you need a goat cheese roll. It is available in the supermarket like all other ingredients.
Surprise your loved ones with this dish. I wish you good success! Questions I answer to you gladly over the comment function at the end of the side.
1. Caramelise Goat Cheese
This way of preparing goat’s cheese is really something special. It is the last step but finally I would like to present you the highlight right at the beginning!
Today, goat cheese is added to salads in a caramelised form. Note the temperature when preparing goat cheese.
Goat cheese roasted too hot does not smell good and spoils the appetite!
Therefore I heat the cheese carefully and caramelise the cheese slices with some sugar and the Crème Brûlée burner.
2. Ingenious Salad Dressing for Goat Cheese Salad
The aroma will inspire you! The preparation of asparagus and strawberries I show you in the recipe, as a dressing I have invented an orange juice salad dressing, it harmonizes great with the ingredients.
3. Recipe Salad with Goat Cheese
- 200 g strawberries I like to use local strawberries!
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- pepper I like to use pepper black or green.
- brown sugar
- lemon juice
- oliv oil
- 2 pc colorful leaf salads Lollo Rosso or Bianco
- 1 pc Orange
- 1 tsp Dijon-mustard
- 3 pinch salt
- 3 pinch pepper
- 2 pinch sugar
- 50-80 ml oliv oil
- 1 pc goat cheese I use a goat cheese roll.
- 1-2 tsp sugar Press cheese into the sugar!
- 3 pinch pepper Recommended value, grind as fresh as possible over the lettuce
- 1 pc rolls
- 40 g Butter
- 5 pinch salt
- 3 pinch pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Prepare the ingredients: Wash the strawberries briefly and dry them, wash the green asparagus and peel them on the underside, and keep the remaining ingredients handy as indicated above.
- Boil water, season with salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil. Place the peeled asparagus in the pan and cook for approx. 6-8 minutes until al dente. Remove the asparagus and place in the grill pan.
- Squeeze the orange with a juicer.
- Put orange juice with Dijon mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients and let the olive oil run in slowly. The result is an emulsified salad dressing. Prepare the orange juice salad dressing for marinating.
- Pluck the lettuce, wash in cold water, spin dry and place in a large bowl.
- Grill the prepared, cooked asparagus in the ribbed grill pan over a high heat. Season the asparagus spears with salt, pepper and a little sugar to taste. Remove the asparagus from the pan.
- Cut the grilled asparagus and strawberries into small pieces for the salad. Place a few asparagus tips for decoration.
- Place the chopped asparagus and strawberries in the bowl to prepare the leaf salad.
- Cut the roll into 5 mm cubes, fry in a hot pan with the butter until crispy, season with salt, pepper and some thyme. Place the bread cubes in an extra bowl ready to serve.
- Unpack the goat cheese roll and cut slices with a thickness of approx. 0.8-1 cm.
- Heat a coated pan, you can use the wiped bread cube pan. Press one side of the goat cheese slices into the sugar, then place the sugar side up into the pan. There was some butter in my bread cube pan. Caramelise the goat cheese slices standing next to the stove from above with the Crème Brûlée burner.
- Marinate the prepared leaf salads, strawberries and asparagus with the orange juice dressing. Arrange the salad on a plate. Add the goat cheese and sprinkle the crispy bread cubes on the salad. Serve quickly, good appetite!
4. Calories and Nutritional Values at a Glance
5. Other Ideas for Asparagus and StrawberriesAsparagus salad with strawberries
Quinoa salad recipe with asparagus and strawberry
Couscous Salad recipe with mint, asparagus, strawberries and leaf salad
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Asparagus Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Gluten-Free Starters Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Low Carb Salads Recipes
- Salad Starters Recipes
- Salads Recipes
- Seasonal Ingredients Recipes
- Starters & Appetizers
- Strawberries Recipes
- Top Starters Recommendations Recipes
- Vegetarian Appetizers
- Vegetarian Recipes