OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My Fried Potatoes recipe I show you on this page. Many step by step photos accompany you while preparing.
You can use cooked or raw potatoes, raw potato slices must then first make a free float in the hot oil, only then these become cooked. The fried roast potatoes are my second choice at home. I don’t like the smell of the deep fryer. Many cooks put the cooked potato slices first in the deep fryer and then in the pan. This is faster and saves time.
Today I prepare the original fried potatoes in the pan. I deliberately added onions to this recipe, so the taste experience is round.
You can send me cooking questions using the comment function. Have fun reading and good luck!
1. Fried Potatoes Recipe
Which potato variety is the right one? …use a waxy potato variety for perfect fried potatoes.
If necessary, you can use any other variety, but you will get the best result with a waxy variety. Now we take a closer look… following many photos and tips…
- 300 g potatoes I like to use this year's young potatoes
- 20 ml sunflower oil You can also use rapeseed oil!
- 2-3 pc red onions
- 1/4 tsp salt I use Ursalz or Himalaya salt
- 4-6 pinches black pepper
- 1 tsp majoram I also like to use thyme, rosemary, parsley.
- 4 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 20 g butter cold I also like to use Ghee
- Wash the potatoes with peel, cook in salted water until soft, drain and peel.
- Cut the potatoes into 3-4 mm slices. I always let the potatoes cool down a bit, boiled potatoes from the day before are very good!
- Fry the potato slices in a coated pan with the oil.
- Cut the onion generously at the top and root, halve and peel. Cut the onion halves into strips.
- Turn the potato slices in the pan and fry on all sides.
- Place the prepared onion strips in the pan and fry at high temperature. Onions caramelise easily with this method of preparation and form a wonderful, sweet aroma.
- Season the fried potatoes with salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and marjoram and toss in the butter.
- Place the fried potatoes in the pan until warm and serve.
2. Calories fried Potatoes
3. More suitable RecipesDips and cold sauces:
Grill sauces for your next grill evening, 5 cold sauces quickly prepare
Cold sauces based on mayonnaise Make your own French fries
Potato gratin with more vegetables
Potato fritter with apple compote
Simple potato pancakes
Potato fritter and roesti, potato pancakes with chives sauce
OTHER LANGUAGES: German