OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I will show you my original Backhendl Backhendl – Fried Chicken recipe. Before a short story:
Dear reader, I will simply allow myself a joke today. Actually, I’m a little desperate. I have prepared a wonderful recipe for Backhendl, it tastes excellent and my guests love this dish.
Before I write a recipe, I make up my mind what people are looking for on the Internet. Desperately I have entered every term that has to do with baking chicken: Baked chicken, baked chicken, breaded chicken, Viennese baked chicken… and? It’s a drama! Mankind is looking for the real breaded chicken just 50-500 times a month in the German-speaking world.
Compared to chicken nuggets, here we have 12,000 searches per month…that’s the culinary downfall.
My call: Please cook the recipe at the bottom of the page, a fried chicken simply tastes much better than pressed poor chicken, share this recipe with your friends, thank you!
1. Original Chicken Nuggets – the Fried Chicken
Backhenderl is a Southern German, Bavarian and Austrian speciality. The chicken meat is coated with a breading of flour, egg and fine breadcrumbs. Afterwards the breaded chicken may make a free swimmer in the hot fat with 160°C – 170°C. The chicken meat is gently cooked and offers a crispy, fine taste experience.
2. Chicken Nuggets and Chicken Skin
The skin can remain on my chicken, with the Original Chicken Nugget on the chicken, or be removed, that remains a matter of taste. In any case, you should only use an organic chicken for your chicken, it simply tastes better.
3. Baking Chicken in Breadcrumbs made easy – That’s how you make really ingenious Chicken Nuggets!
One of the classics of Austrian cuisine is the “Backhuhn Wiener Art” (fried chicken Viennese style). So these are in the figurative sense – Viennese Chicken Nuggets… A good baked chicken comes with parsley potatoes as a side dish and with freshly fried parsley as well as lemon and cranberries as additions on the table. Following my step by step instructions for Original Backhuhn 🙂 Chicken Nuggets…
4. Recipe Backhendl (Fried Chicken) – Bavarian Chicken Nuggets
Following my recipe with exact quantities. I wish you good success with the preparation!
- 8-12 pc small potatoes
- 1 tsp caraway
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- some pepper
- 1 pc chicken fresh whole chicken
- 100 g flour
- 4 pc eggs
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 800 g rapeseed oil
- 1 pc lemon
- 4 EL cranberries
- Cook real fresh potatoes in salted water with some caraway seeds and parsley stalks until soft, drain, let steam out and peel.
- Place the peeled potatoes in a pan with the butter and about 1/3 of the fresh and finely chopped parsley. Season the potatoes with salt, pepper and some freshly grated nutmeg.
- Cut up the chicken: First remove the breast, cut off the wings, cut off the legs, halve the chicken breasts lengthwise, halve the chicken legs at the joint.
- Season the prepared chicken pieces with salt and pepper, bread them with flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Please refer to the step-by-step instructions in the article.
- Deep-fry the breaded chicken pieces, Homemade Chicken Nuggets in hot rapeseed oil in a pot or in a deep fryer at 170°C.
- Fry the remaining parsley briefly until crispy, place on a plate with kitchen paper and season with salt.
- Heat the potatoes, briefly toss in the foamed butter and serve.
- Add the baked Homemade Chicken Nuggets to the plate and carefully sprinkle with a little salt.
- Add the cranberries, quartered lemon and fried parsley and serve quickly.
5. Calories Backhendl (Fried Chicken)
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Bavarian Cuisine
- Chicken Recipes
- Christmas Recipes
- Classics of Good Cuisine Recipes
- German Food and Recipes from German Kitchen
- Main Courses Recipes
- Meat Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German