I present my recipe for Flame Grilled Salmon in this post. This is a wonderfully simple fish dish for the garden and barbecue.
The barbecue has stayed in the cellar for a long time, I prefer to use the fire bowl. That way I can end the barbecue event with a campfire. Today I can do without the charcoal completely. The beech wood will be used in a moment. After all, our fish fillet needs indirect fire heat.
A cooking video accompanies you around the campfire. I wish you good luck and bon appétit!
1. Shopping list
Here is the handy list for your shopping:
- Fire bowl and wood —> Building market or forest
- Salmon fillet with skin whole —> Order fish market or salmon fillet online
- Flame salmon spice—-> Spice rack or order online
- Flame salmon board —-> DIY store or order online
- Olive oil—–> Get it at your local supermarket or Italian restaurant
- Rosemary and thyme—–> From the garden or pot
- Update Sesame —-> I am currently combining with Sesame from Cookbox
Soon, Lachs.de will be offering a flaming salmon set, so you can prepare the dish “out of the box” directly.
I’ll leave some more information about the special sesame seeds in the last line of the list. I have put together a great sesame spice set together with chefino.de. The sesame furikake come from Japan and taste delicious.
These are sesame seeds with wasabi, ume plums, kimchi and yuzu flavour. The sesame seeds don’t just go with fish, but with any vegetable, salad, Asian dish or fusion cuisine. I can’t keep my fingers off them right now, a tasty and delightful change.
Sesame furikake from Japan taste delicious. Flavoured sesame seeds are the spice barbecue trend of 2021!Chef Thomas Sixt on the new Sesame discovery
2. Recipe Flame Grilled Salmon
Now it’s time to relax: light a fire and put the salmon on the board. Below are the step-by-step instructions with pictures. If you have any questions, please use the comment function at the bottom of the page. I’m looking forward to it!
- 1 pc Salmon fillet as a whole
- 1 sachet Flame salmon spice Flame Salmon Spice
- 1 bunch Thyme
- 1 bunch Rosemary
- 1-2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Prepare the salmon fillet and flame salmon board in the kitchen. Assemble the board according to the instructions and test it on the cold fire bowl. Then build the campfire, put the fire extinguisher or garden hose in position and light the fire.
- Cut open the salmon fillet packaging and rinse the fillet under cold running water.
- Dry the salmon fillet on kitchen paper.
- Provide a flame salmon board.
- Coat the grill board with olive oil.
- Place the salmon fillet skin side down on the prepared board.
- Sprinkle the fish fillets with the spice. I used a little too much, I use the flaming salmon spice rather sparingly.
- Fix the fish fillet on the board with the tensioner.
- Cook the prepared salmon fillet indirectly on the campfire for a good 35 minutes. Towards the end of the cooking time, I sprinkle rosemary and thyme into the fire so that the aromas of the herbs have an effect on the fish fillet.
- Remove the salmon fillet from the fire, using fireproof gloves.
- Remove the tensioner from the flame salmon board.
- Prepare hot plates. Remove the pieces of fish from the fillet with a knife or spoon.
- Place salmon pieces in hot plates, dress with olive oil and serve quickly.