Fishburger prepare deliciously
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Fish Burger Patty selfmadeThe culinary seduction begins now… Today I don’t make patties but fry slices of fresh salmon fillet. Why make patties? Freshly fried, the fish tastes much better! It is best to buy fresh salmon fillets, let frozen fish fillets thaw slowly. Place the fillets in the foil in cold water or defrost the packed fillets overnight in the refrigerator. Sauté the salmon pieces in a hot pan with a little rapeseed oil. © Thomas Sixt Food Photographer Many people want variety on their plates at home. So this variation is just the thing!
Treat yourself to a brilliant burger with fresh ingredients!Here comes another picture… Warm brioche buns topped with salad, onions, vegetables, salmon and sprouts.© Thomas Sixt Food Photographer
2. Fishburger Sauce selfmadeThe well-known originals from the fast food counter almost always taste very much like mayonnaise. You can quickly prepare the sauces yourself, I’ll describe that to you very briefly now…
Make your own burger sauces… Tastes better!In another contribution I show you easy made barbecue sauces. Cold grill sauces I show you at another place, it is worth to have a look!
2.1 Light Sauce with Curry as Mayo Substitute“Burger duty” for me is at least a homemade sauce. Today we make a cold curry cream. Please try this sauce, it tastes sooo delicious! Cold curry sauce: For this I use…
- a cup of sour cream
- a cup of créme fraîche
- a tablespoon lemon juice
- little mustard
- salt/pepper, honey and curry
2.2 Alternatively prepare a white SauceNow it becomes quite simple… I am known for my variant kitchen 🙂
Voilá, your mayonnaise substitute sauce is quickly ready!Before you add curry and honey to the white sauce, you can pour half of it into an extra bowl. The white sauce is suitable for almost every type of burgers and is my preferred substitute for mayonnaise. © Daniel Boymann
3. Gourmet Tip… Use Brioche Buns!The fish tolerates a light and pleasant roll or bun.
Brioche buns are perfect here, please write them on the shopping list!I warm the fine yeast dough buns at 140°C hot air in the oven. The gourmet version can be served on a wooden board. © Thomas Sixt Food Photographer
4. This way to the RecipeAhoy, greetings to the captain! He is invited to dinner. Let’s go to your kitchen. Good luck! You are welcome to write me a comment, I always find cooking questions exciting and you can already look forward to an answer!
Instructions with step by step photos and variants. Chef Thomas Sixt accompanies you in your kitchen.
|4||pc||Burger-Buns (bread rolls for hamburgers)|
|2||pc||salmon filets (I prefer fresh salmon)|
|100||g||leafs of salad (roman lettuce, lettuce, iceberg lettuce, batavia lettuce, lollo rosso...)|
|1||Etbs||Rapeseed oil (for frying salmon and courgettes)|
|1||pc||Lemon (only the juice)|
|1/2||tsp||medium hot mustard|
|some||Pepper (freshly grounded)|
|1||tbs||curry (I use Madras curry)|
|4||slices||Cheddar (fish and cheese NOGO? Please try it!)|
Overview of ingredients: buns, salmon, lettuce, white onion, white sauce + curry and honey, cress.
First mix the ingredients for the sauce. If you want two different sauces, put some white sauce aside and mix the rest with honey and curry.
Peel the onion and cut into fine slices. Put the buns in the oven and heat them at 140°C hot air.
Wash and dry the courgettes and cut them into thin slices 2 mm thick.
Fry courgette slices in a pan with a little oil on both sides, season with salt and pepper and place on a plate.
Wash and dry salad, only spun salad is allowed on rolls!
Cut salmon fillet without skin into 5 mm thick slices.
Fry the salmon slices on both sides in a pan over a high heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove the lower parts of the buns from the oven. Spread the roll halves with the white or curry sauce.
Cover with salad and onions.
Place salmon slices and courgette slices on top.
Sprinkle with cress. Now try the variant with cheese: Heat cheese briefly in the coated pan and place on top.
Remove the top half of the buns from the oven and place on top. Serve quickly – enjoy your meal!