The recipe Fish with Tomato Sauce has rarity value and certainly finds a fan community. The fish is a hake fillet and I poach it into smoked tea.
Poaching in the smoked tea is something new, the fish gets a fine, light smoke aroma.
Because I like to experiment with superfoods I add cannabis seeds. Hemp seeds are excellent with tomato sauce and tomato stock and go well with basil.
In the description I give you again some tips for variations. You can also fry the hake but you will miss the good taste of the smoked tea! The video fish in tomato sauce shows everything step by step!
I am happy if you try it out, wish you good luck! Please share this post on Facebook with your friends.
CAUTION Use hemp and canabis seed only if permitted by law in your home country.
- 1. How to prepare Fish in Tomato Sauce
- 2. How to fry Fish in Butter and Olive Oil
- 3. How to poach Fish – good Idea with smoked Tea Aroma
- 4. How to prepare Tomato Sauce for Fish
- 5. Side dishes for poached Fish in Tomato Sauce
- 6. How to poach Fish
- 7. Poached Fish in Tomato Sauce Recipe Video
- 6. Recipe
- 7. Calories fish in tomato sauce
1. How to prepare Fish in Tomato Sauce
I’m not a real fan of this combination, so I experimented and tried a little longer. In my opinion, a thick tomato sauce doesn’t go so well with fish, so I prepared a light tomato stock with lots of basil. The fish is a hake, but you can also prepare this recipe with cod or halibut. As an exception I poach the fish and don’t fry it, but I would like to leave it open for you and describe both preparation steps.
2. How to fry Fish in Butter and Olive Oil
If you prefer not to do the poaching, fry the hake fillet in a pan. Wash the hake fillet, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Then fry in a hot pan with butter (25g) and olive oil (1EL) on all sides and leave to infuse.
3. How to poach Fish – good Idea with smoked Tea Aroma
The tea Lapsang Souchong is a smoked tea. It tastes very strong and is therefore suitable for my fish preparation. The fish takes on a delicate aroma from the tea and it is an extraordinary thing. The taste is supported by the fine acidity of the tomato sauce/tomato stock, the hemp seeds offer a crunchy experience with a light nutty finish. I have published another recipe Poach fish, to the recipe Poach cod with chanterelles.
Another excellent Recipe for poached Fish is …
4. How to prepare Tomato Sauce for Fish
The presented tomato sauce is a light and fine tomato stock. The fresher the tomatoes, the better the dish in combination with the fish. For tomato sauce there is another recipe from me, you should definitely have a look at it. For the fish, however, I think the following recipe is better.
5. Side dishes for poached Fish in Tomato Sauce
I serve a baguette, a herb baguette or a garlic baguette with my fish in tomato sauce. It is also possible to use neutrally boiled rice and a strongly marinated leaf salad.
6. How to poach Fish
Poaching means letting it simmer under the boiling point. The poaching brew is usually boiled up, the food to be poached is placed in the boiling liquid and the pot is pulled away from the stove. The temperature range is then 80-95°C and the food to be cooked, in my case a hake fillet, can be cooked gently.
7. Poached Fish in Tomato Sauce Recipe Video
- 8 pc tomatoes
- some brown cane sugar
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbsp. black tea Lapsang Souchong
- 2 pc spring onions
- 1 pc garlic
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 60 g Butter
- 2 pc hake cod or halibut
- 1 bunch basil
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Hemp seed
- 1 pc Baguette
- Halve the tomatoes and cut out the stalks, place the tomato halves on a plate with the cut surface facing upwards and season lightly with salt and sugar.
- Boil water in a wide pan, add "Lapsang Souchong" tea. Reduce the heat or switch off the stove and let the tea steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut the onion in half into fine slices, press the garlic and sauté in a saucepan with olive oil. Add the tomatoes, sweat briefly and deglaze with white wine. Fill tomatoes with vegetable stock, the tomatoes should be covered straight - let simmer slightly.
- Melt butter in an extra pot and froth up, season with salt and pepper, prepare brush for brushing the cooked hake fillets.
- Put the fish in the tea, which is no longer boiling and smells of smoke, and let it simmer for about 5 minutes below the boiling point (poach).
- Finely chop the basil, add to the tomato stock and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the tomato stock in deep plates, remove the poached hake pieces from the tea and spread with the prepared butter.
- Add the hake fillets to the tomato stock and sprinkle with hemp seeds. Serve quickly and enjoy!