More Ideas with FishI am pleased to present my recipe for Fish Meatballs to you here. Perfect burger from fish, also called Bremer in Northern Germany, I serve you here with a homemade potato salad.
Fish fillets processed into meatballs are the classic possibility to use unequal pieces of fish in a wonderful way. The fish ingredients are quite freely selectable. That’s why grandma used to make these fish balls, just like certain fast food chains did.
Why are fish meatballs so popular: Without question the great hearty fine taste makes them so popular. They are also easier to digest and also healthier than their meat counterparts and a great alternative and variety in home cooking.
So, it’s worth trying it once. Danger of repetition is given. Have fun and good luck!
- 1. Which Fish is suitable?
- 2. Meat Mincer or Thermomix?
- 3. Bread and Onions through the Mincer or not?
- 4. Is Breadcrumbs required?
- 5. Does it even go in the Oven?
- 6. Side Dishes
- 7. Fish Meatballs Recipe with Wild Garlic Potato Salad
- 8. Calories and Nutritional Values
- 9. Frequently asked Questions
- 10. More Ideas with Fish
1. Which Fish is suitable?
I still remember my time as a young fisherman, we usually had an overstock of whitefish in the lake in summer and the bream and crucian carp were wonderful to catch. With this introduction I would like to answer the question right away, both freshwater fish and saltwater fish are suitable. In Bavaria and Austria, carp, pike-perch, catfish or even whitefish like to come to the fish plant, in the north we find cod, hake, cod and salmon in the fish mince.
Process fish fillets without skin and bones – the mincer reaches its limits with large bones.
2. Meat Mincer or Thermomix?
The miracle pot is at best a kitchen cutter, the fish mince will be more even if you process it through the mincer.
Of course, the magic kettle will make the fish fillets small at some point, but heat is generated which causes the fish mass to coagulate.
If you can’t help it, I have a tip for you from the professional kitchen: Cut the fish fillets into small pieces, then put them back into the freezer, and only then chop them in the kitchen cutter.
3. Bread and Onions through the Mincer or not?
In many recipes you will find soaked bread cubes and sweaty onion cubes as an addition to minced fish. In general you can:
- Bread soaked and onions finely sliced and stewed
add whole to the minced fish or
- Put soaked bread and cooked onions through the mincer.
For a long time now I have tended to use the second method, because it is sure to succeed. For this I let all ingredients go through the mincer and get an excellent malleable, even mass.
4. Is Breadcrumbs required?
Use the breadcrumbs to stabilise the minced fish mass. The addition of breadcrumbs binds the mass better and so the meatball remains stable when fried in the pan.
The classic Bremer is always additionally dressed with breadcrumbs. Place the shaped loaves in the breadcrumbs for breading, then fry in the pan for frying.
5. Does it even go in the Oven?
In breadcrumbs turned out loafs dry in the oven unfortunately. Without breadcrumbs the loafs don’t get a nice colour and I personally don’t like them.
My advice as a cook is, please fry them in a pan and then keep them warm in the oven at 150°C hot air for 10-15 minutes and cook through.
It tastes better fried in the pan!
You can easily freeze the finished planters or reheat them in the oven!
6. Side Dishes
Here are some ideas for suitable enclosures…
As a side dish, I’ve come up with an herb and mayonnaise potato salad. Because the wild garlic is easy to find, I show you the potato salad with homemade mayo and wild garlic. You can also use other herbs, more information can be found in the preparation below!
7. Fish Meatballs Recipe with Wild Garlic Potato Salad
Now you are well prepared. Below you will find the exact quantities and preparation steps. I wish you good luck!
- 500 g potatoes salad potatoes, bacony-cooked
- 1 l vegetable broth
- 2 pc egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 4 pinches salt
- 4 pinches pepper
- 200-220 ml oil half sunflower oil/olive oil
- 1 bunch herbs wild garlic, parsley, chives, lovage, in season
- 500 g fish fillets
- 1 pc yellow onion or two shallots
- 1 pc garlic clove
- 80-100 g bread white bread, rolls or other bread
- 80-100 ml cream soaked bread cubes must be pressed out well!
- 1 pc egg
- 1 tbs mustard medium hot or Dijon mustard
- 1 pc lemon fine abrasion + some juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 8 pinches pepper
- 1-2 tsp dill dried
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 100 g bread crumbs
- 50 ml sun flower oil or ghee
- Wash and peel potatoes
- Cut peeled, raw potatoes into 4-5 mm thick slices and cook covered with vegetable broth until soft.
- Place the mayonnaise ingredients in a bowl: egg yolks, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice.
- Mix the mayonnaise ingredients with the hand mixer and slowly add the oil.
- Wash and cut the herbs, depending on the season you can use wild garlic, chives, parsley or lovage for the mayonnaise-herb potato salad.
- Add the herbs to the mayonnaise and then chill.
- Drain the soft boiled potatoes and allow to cool, then mix with the mayonnaise and chill.
- Clean the fish fillets without skin and bones and process through the mincer.
- Chill the minced fish in the bowl briefly.
- Sauté onions in strips or diced with a little oil with the finely chopped garlic for 5 minutes. Then bring to the boil with the cream and place next to the stove.
- Cut the bread cubes into small pieces.
- Add the bread cubes to the cream and onions and mix. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Onions and soaked bread cubes almost cold through the mincer to the minced fish.
- Add the egg to the minced fish mixture, season to taste with mustard, lemon zest and some juice, salt, pepper, dill and thyme and mix. Optionally, depending on the moisture level, stabilise the minced fish mixture with breadcrumbs.
- Pre-portion the minced fish mixture with the ice cutter. I use a baking tray for this.
- Shape the fish cakes with moistened hands.
- Place the shaped loaves on the baking tray. Preheat oven at 150°C hot air stage.
- Turn the fish loaves in breadcrumbs.
- Then fry on both sides in a hot pan with sunflower oil.
- Place the Bremer on the cleaned baking tray and place in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Before serving, season the potato salad with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Add the fish plantlets and serve. Bon appetit!
8. Calories and Nutritional Values
9. Frequently asked Questions
Which fish is suitable for fish meatballs?
You can use fish fillets without skin and bones of freshwater fish and saltwater fish. Popular are cod, salmon, zander, catfish, whitefish.
Successful fish meatballs in the oven?
It is advisable to first fry the fish loaves coated with breadcrumbs in a pan with oil.
Can I prepare fish meatballs in Thermomix?
The Thermomix is a kitchen cutter, for an even result cooking professionals process the fish fillets first in the mincer.
Which side dishes go well with fish meatballs?
Potato salad comes in many different varieties, as do tomato salad, cucumber salad, beetroot salad and colourful leaf salads.
10. More Ideas with Fish
Herring salad Recipe for preparing a delicious fish salad. The individual steps are presented and explained in detail. Homemade and perfectly done with instructions from chef Thomas Sixt.
Fish meatballs recipe with many chef tips for delicious fish patties. Discover the most important tricks for your kitchen…
Prepare salmon in the oven, a detailed recipe with side dish tips. In the article I show you a great and practical fish dish prepared in the oven at low temperature. Prepare fish fillet, skin fish fil…
Preparing salmon with vegetables, that’s what this recipes article deals with. I present different ways to prepare salmon with a fine vegetable side dish. Practical, simple and delicious, this salmon …
Recipe for salmon roast on a bed of mashed potatoes with cauliflower florets. A step by step guide with pictures accompanies you cooking yourself.
Shrimps with spaghetti al Nero di Seppia, a sensational recipe that is sure to succeed. All tips for the preparation of pasta with fresh shrimps from the professional.
Prepare fish burgers like a chef. Prepare delicious meatless burgers with salmon. Step by step instructions and recipe, great ideas with variations presented by professional chef Thomas Sixt. Good luc…
Salmon spaghetti with spaghetti al Nero di Seppia, an ingenious recipe that surely succeeds. All tips for preparing pasta with fresh salmon. Absolutely try it out… SENSATIONELL – SOULFUL – STIMULATI…
Recipe for pasta salad, tasty and healthy variant for children. Fast variant with a preparation time of approx. 35 minutes and colourful surprise. The step-by-step photos help you to cook yourself. Id…
Here I show you something special… Tuna Maki with strawberries… conjured according to the idea of star chef Thomas Wilden, Sushibar Yosushi, address: Mercat de l’Olivar, Plaça de l’Olivar, s/n, 0…
Original Spanish paella with seafood and fish to cook yourself. Succesful instruction with travelogue from Santuari de Lluc on Mallorca. Enjoy a virtual pilgrimage and a real paella pan… Good luck!
Recipe asparagus salad with prawns. The simple recipe uses only a few ingredients and you will conjure up a great salad on your plate in a short time. Ideal for spring and summer. Step by step instruc…