More Ideas with FishI am pleased to present my recipe for Fish Meatballs to you here. Perfect burger from fish, also called Bremer in Northern Germany, I serve you here with a homemade potato salad.
Fish fillets processed into meatballs are the classic possibility to use unequal pieces of fish in a wonderful way. The fish ingredients are quite freely selectable. That’s why grandma used to make these fish balls, just like certain fast food chains did.
Why are fish meatballs so popular: Without question the great hearty fine taste makes them so popular. They are also easier to digest and also healthier than their meat counterparts and a great alternative and variety in home cooking.
So, it’s worth trying it once. Danger of repetition is given. Have fun and good luck!
- 1. Which Fish is suitable?
- 2. Meat Mincer or Thermomix?
- 3. Bread and Onions through the Mincer or not?
- 4. Is Breadcrumbs required?
- 5. Does it even go in the Oven?
- 6. Side Dishes
- 7. Fish Meatballs Recipe with Wild Garlic Potato Salad
- 8. Calories and Nutritional Values
- 9. Frequently asked Questions
- 10. More Ideas with Fish
1. Which Fish is suitable?
I still remember my time as a young fisherman, we usually had an overstock of whitefish in the lake in summer and the bream and crucian carp were wonderful to catch. With this introduction I would like to answer the question right away, both freshwater fish and saltwater fish are suitable. In Bavaria and Austria, carp, pike-perch, catfish or even whitefish like to come to the fish plant, in the north we find cod, hake, cod and salmon in the fish mince.
Process fish fillets without skin and bones – the mincer reaches its limits with large bones.
2. Meat Mincer or Thermomix?
The miracle pot is at best a kitchen cutter, the fish mince will be more even if you process it through the mincer.
Of course, the magic kettle will make the fish fillets small at some point, but heat is generated which causes the fish mass to coagulate.
If you can’t help it, I have a tip for you from the professional kitchen: Cut the fish fillets into small pieces, then put them back into the freezer, and only then chop them in the kitchen cutter.
3. Bread and Onions through the Mincer or not?
In many recipes you will find soaked bread cubes and sweaty onion cubes as an addition to minced fish. In general you can:
- Bread soaked and onions finely sliced and stewed
add whole to the minced fish or
- Put soaked bread and cooked onions through the mincer.
For a long time now I have tended to use the second method, because it is sure to succeed. For this I let all ingredients go through the mincer and get an excellent malleable, even mass.
4. Is Breadcrumbs required?
Use the breadcrumbs to stabilise the minced fish mass. The addition of breadcrumbs binds the mass better and so the meatball remains stable when fried in the pan.
The classic Bremer is always additionally dressed with breadcrumbs. Place the shaped loaves in the breadcrumbs for breading, then fry in the pan for frying.
5. Does it even go in the Oven?
In breadcrumbs turned out loafs dry in the oven unfortunately. Without breadcrumbs the loafs don’t get a nice colour and I personally don’t like them.
My advice as a cook is, please fry them in a pan and then keep them warm in the oven at 150°C hot air for 10-15 minutes and cook through.
It tastes better fried in the pan!
You can easily freeze the finished planters or reheat them in the oven!
6. Side Dishes
Here are some ideas for suitable enclosures…
As a side dish, I’ve come up with an herb and mayonnaise potato salad. Because the wild garlic is easy to find, I show you the potato salad with homemade mayo and wild garlic. You can also use other herbs, more information can be found in the preparation below!
7. Fish Meatballs Recipe with Wild Garlic Potato Salad
Now you are well prepared. Below you will find the exact quantities and preparation steps. I wish you good luck!
- 500 g potatoes salad potatoes, bacony-cooked
- 1 l vegetable broth
- 2 pc egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 4 pinches salt
- 4 pinches pepper
- 200-220 ml oil half sunflower oil/olive oil
- 1 bunch herbs wild garlic, parsley, chives, lovage, in season
- 500 g fish fillets
- 1 pc yellow onion or two shallots
- 1 pc garlic clove
- 80-100 g bread white bread, rolls or other bread
- 80-100 ml cream soaked bread cubes must be pressed out well!
- 1 pc egg
- 1 tbs mustard medium hot or Dijon mustard
- 1 pc lemon fine abrasion + some juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 8 pinches pepper
- 1-2 tsp dill dried
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 100 g bread crumbs
- 50 ml sun flower oil or ghee
- Wash and peel potatoes
- Cut peeled, raw potatoes into 4-5 mm thick slices and cook covered with vegetable broth until soft.
- Place the mayonnaise ingredients in a bowl: egg yolks, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice.
- Mix the mayonnaise ingredients with the hand mixer and slowly add the oil.
- Wash and cut the herbs, depending on the season you can use wild garlic, chives, parsley or lovage for the mayonnaise-herb potato salad.
- Add the herbs to the mayonnaise and then chill.
- Drain the soft boiled potatoes and allow to cool, then mix with the mayonnaise and chill.
- Clean the fish fillets without skin and bones and process through the mincer.
- Chill the minced fish in the bowl briefly.
- Sauté onions in strips or diced with a little oil with the finely chopped garlic for 5 minutes. Then bring to the boil with the cream and place next to the stove.
- Cut the bread cubes into small pieces.
- Add the bread cubes to the cream and onions and mix. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Onions and soaked bread cubes almost cold through the mincer to the minced fish.
- Add the egg to the minced fish mixture, season to taste with mustard, lemon zest and some juice, salt, pepper, dill and thyme and mix. Optionally, depending on the moisture level, stabilise the minced fish mixture with breadcrumbs.
- Pre-portion the minced fish mixture with the ice cutter. I use a baking tray for this.
- Shape the fish cakes with moistened hands.
- Place the shaped loaves on the baking tray. Preheat oven at 150°C hot air stage.
- Turn the fish loaves in breadcrumbs.
- Then fry on both sides in a hot pan with sunflower oil.
- Place the Bremer on the cleaned baking tray and place in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Before serving, season the potato salad with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Add the fish plantlets and serve. Bon appetit!
8. Calories and Nutritional Values
9. Frequently asked Questions
Which fish is suitable for fish meatballs?
You can use fish fillets without skin and bones of freshwater fish and saltwater fish. Popular are cod, salmon, zander, catfish, whitefish.
Successful fish meatballs in the oven?
It is advisable to first fry the fish loaves coated with breadcrumbs in a pan with oil.
Can I prepare fish meatballs in Thermomix?
The Thermomix is a kitchen cutter, for an even result cooking professionals process the fish fillets first in the mincer.
Which side dishes go well with fish meatballs?
Potato salad comes in many different varieties, as do tomato salad, cucumber salad, beetroot salad and colourful leaf salads.
10. More Ideas with Fish
Matjes Salat mit Queller und Apfel. Rezept von Kochprofi Thomas Sixt.
Lachs grillen mit der Anleitung von Kochprofi Thomas Sixt.
Flame Grilled Salmon Recipe Prepare with confidence with the guidance of Chef Thomas Sixt.
Garnelenpfanne Top fein und lecker Schritt für Schritt mit diesem Rezept zubereiten.
Prepare prawn pan top fine and delicious step by step with this recipe.
Prepare salmon cream sauce with the guidance of professional chef Thomas Sixt.
Prepare hamburger Pannfish (Pan Fish) step by step. Recipe with professional cooking tips.
Pan-fried fish recipe with cooking video, Thomas shows you how to fry salmon and prepare parsnip puree today. Discover new ways of preparing fish in the pan. Chef tips and info here!
Thomas shows you how to prepare summer salad in more than 3 different ways in this article with cooking videos and step-by-step photos. Leaf salad with salmon, prawns or tofu is sure to make everyone …
Roast halibut recipe with step-by-step photos and cooking video. Today I will show you how to prepare fish in an egg coating. Learn chef’s tips and look forward to delicious fish… I wish you good lu…
Fish in salt crust recipe and preparation instructions with many tips from a professional chef. The new article answers all relevant tricks and shows the preparation steps with photos. Variations for …
Pickled Herring housewives style recipe with beet and jacket potatoes. A simple recipe for a quick and tasty fish dish with young herring.