OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I show you my recipe to prepare Fish in the Oven. Fish in the oven, this is a simple preparation for whole fish with little effort.
Choose a high temperature, 220°C hot air, this is grilling fish in the oven. Of course, the typical aroma of charcoal is missing here. But you can spice the fish with garlic and herbs.
The article gives you lots of tips on preparing fish and the cooking video “Preparing fish in the oven” shows you everything step by step.
I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you cooking it again. Please share this article with your friends on Facebook!
- 1. Whole Fish in the Oven
- 2. How do I know fresh Fish?
- 3. How do I scale a Fish?
- 4. Preparing Fish for the Oven
- 5. Side Dishes with Fish in the Oven
- 6. Fish in the Oven Cooking Time – How can I tell that the Fish is ready?
- 7. Fish in the Oven Video
- 8. Recipe Fish in the Oven
- 9. Calories Fish in the Oven, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
1. Whole Fish in the Oven
You can prepare this dish with freshwater fish and saltwater fish. I recommend to fish in the size up to 45 cm, a sea bass can also be a bit bigger. These are portion fish and the advantage is obvious: the preparation is quick and the fish does not have to be portioned after cooking, it can be served whole. Suitable are trout, char, perch, gilthead, sea bass (Branzino),… When roasting or grilling fish in the oven, please note the temperature. Preheat the oven to 220°C hot air. Frozen fish must always be thawed before cooking. Put the fish in cold water for about an hour.
2. How do I know fresh Fish?
This question is often asked to me, The scales should look shiny fresh, the gills should be bright red, the fish should hardly smell like fish. Fresh fish has clear and shiny eyes – only perch-like fish like the zander always have cloudy eyes.
Always prepare fresh fish very quickly, put on ice the fish can wait one day in the refrigerator for the preparation.
3. How do I scale a Fish?
Trout and char do not need to be scaled, zander, sea bass and other saltwater fish need to be scaled. Fill the sink with cold water, hold the fish under the water and remove the scales with the back of a knife (small kitchen knife) against the direction of growth from the tail to the head. The scales under water prevent the scales from flying around in the kitchen. Please also add a fish prepared by the fishmonger.
4. Preparing Fish for the Oven
After washing and flaking, the fish is drained and then placed either on baking paper or in a coated roaster. Season the fish inside and out with salt and pepper, add some garlic and thyme and drizzle olive oil over the whole preparation.
5. Side Dishes with Fish in the Oven
You can cover a second baking tray with baking paper with vegetable slices, suitable are fennel, courgette, potatoes, mushrooms and herb mushrooms, parikaschoten, eggplant, in the asparagus season also asparagus white and asparagus green. I have made a similar contribution, the gilthead in the oven with asparagus. The preparation of vegetables in the oven is practical because everything is cooked at once and you don’t need pots. A pesto is an excellent match for the vegetables mentioned above. You will find two pesto contributions: Make pesto yourself Make pesto yourself and wild garlic pesto elsewhere. You can also prepare parsley potatoes, mashed potatoes, spinach or other vegetables.
The trout “Müllerin Art” is turned in flour, then roasted and cooked in the oven to the end. An example of a combined method of preparation.
6. Fish in the Oven Cooking Time – How can I tell that the Fish is ready?
The cooking time is 20-30 minutes at the high temperature of about 220 °C hot air stage (trout 38 cm long). Finally, the cooking time depends on the size of the fish and the performance of the oven. The fish is ready when the skin is tanned and the eye is completely white.
7. Fish in the Oven Video
I will show you the simple and practical preparation of fish in the oven in the following cooking video:
8. Recipe Fish in the Oven
- 2 pc Alfonsino or an alternativ fish
- 40 ml oliv oil
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 pc clove of garlic
- 500 g herbs mushrooms or other mushrroms
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- some drops fresh lemon (juice)
- Leave the Alfonsino well flaked, best done by the fishmonger. Replenish the fish in a sink filled with cold water.
- The fish in the water scales, while a knife (knife back) against the growth direction along the fish lead. The water keeps the scales in the sink and does not fly through the whole kitchen.
- Sprinkle a baking tray with baking paper or a coated roaster with olive oil. Place salt and thyme sprigs on top.
- Place the Alfonsino on top, season with salt in the belly, add the thyme and garlic, the rest of the herbs and garlic over the fish.
- Place the herbs' mushrooms cut into slices with the fish and drizzle olive oil over the entire preparation.
- Place the baking tray with the prepared Alfonsino in the preheated oven at 220 ° C hot air.
- Cooking time approx. 12-16 minutes. The fish is cooked when the eyes are completely white.
9. Calories Fish in the Oven, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Fish & Seafood
- Italian Fish Recipes
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Main Courses Recipes
- Mediterranean Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
OTHER LANGUAGES: German