OTHER LANGUAGES: German
The recipe Fish in Aluminium Foil in the oven shows you how to prepare fish in aluminium foil. It’s a practical and quick thing to do.
I know the recipe from my childhood and youth and I have refined and adapted it over time.
The advantage of this preparation is obvious: fish, vegetables and side dishes can be cooked directly in the oven.
There are two ways to prepare the fish: First with open aluminium foil – this is where the fish is fried. Secondly, with closed aluminium foil, the fish is actually braised and steamed.
In the cooking video “Preparing fish in aluminium foil” you can take a close look at everything.
Good luck! Please share this article on Facebook!
- 1. How to prepare a Fish whole in Aluminium Foil in the Oven.
- 2. How to prepare Fish Fillets in Aluminium Foil in the Oven
- 3. How to prepare fish in aluminium foil with vegetables
- 4. Other Side Dishes for the Fish in Aluminium Foil
- 5. Cook Fish in closed Aluminium Foil – this is Aroma Cuisine at its Best!
- 6. Grill Fish in Foil – practically without washing up!
- 7. Is Fish preparing in Aluminium Foil harmful?
- 8. Fish in Aluminium Foil Tip from Jamie Oliver
- 9. Cooking Video: Preparing Fish in Aluminium Foil
- 10. Recipe for Fish in Aluminium Foil
- 11. Nutritional Informations for trout in aluminum foil with potatoes
1. How to prepare a Fish whole in Aluminium Foil in the Oven.
This type of preparation is suitable for various types of fish that need to be prepared whole. My favourite fish here is trout, followed by char, gilthead and sea bass.
2. How to prepare Fish Fillets in Aluminium Foil in the Oven
If you want to prepare fish fillets without skin in the aluminium foil, please cut the vegetables very finely, because the cooking time is shorter. I recommend using a vegetable peeler to cut the vegetables into fine strips so that they cook really quickly. You can also cut fine cubes as shown in the picture above. A note: fish fillets with skin are not ideal for preparation in aluminium foil, the fillets cook too quickly and do not become crispy. Therefore, fish fillets with skin are always fried crispy only on the skin side, then cooked crispy to the end with the skin side up under the grill.
Prepare fish fillets in aluminium foil without skin. To see in the picture: Crispy fried Trout Fillets on Root Vegetables with Horseradish Sauce and Potatoes. Trout recipe with video!
3. How to prepare fish in aluminium foil with vegetables
I use carrots, celery, yellow beets, leeks and parsley roots. The vegetables are finely chopped to give the sauce a good taste. The aluminium foil webs must be torn off large enough so that the fish can also be packed well. Put some butter or olive oil, salt and pepper on the aluminium foil, then I put the washed and cleaned fish on it. The vegetables follow laterally and on the fish, halved clove of garlic and herbs as well. I prefer thyme, rosemary, parsley and when the time suits also tarragon and chervil. Then I fold up the aluminium foil, put butter or olive oil on top again, season with salt and pepper from above, pour on with dry white wine. So prepared I close the fish firmly in the aluminium foil. Then it goes into the oven, preheated at 200°C for approx. 30- 35 minutes.
4. Other Side Dishes for the Fish in Aluminium Foil
Peeled potatoes can be put on a piece of aluminium foil and cooked with it. Please pay attention to the size of the potatoes, these should be rather small or halved. I very much like to serve mashed potatoes with this dish, which I then cook in an extra pot.
5. Cook Fish in closed Aluminium Foil – this is Aroma Cuisine at its Best!
The fish cooked in closed aluminium foil in combination with vegetables, herbs, garlic, wine, butter and olive oil develops a fantastic aroma and the sauce is delivered with it. In principle, I only open the aluminium foil at the table, the fish remains so hot and the wonderful aroma fills the room.
6. Grill Fish in Foil – practically without washing up!
If the fish is cooked in opened aluminium foil, I recommend hot air with upper heat in the temperature range of 220°C. The sauce must be kept in mind so that everything doesn’t evaporate. Crispy skin is so possible, only from above. The cooking time in the preheated oven is about 25 minutes depending on the size of the fish. Since the aluminium foil is used for cooking, there is no need to wash off sheet metal or roasting pan.
Fish grilled in aluminum foil here with asparagus. It goes well with hollandaise sauce.
7. Is Fish preparing in Aluminium Foil harmful?
Cooking in aluminium foil is clearly not harmful if you use the matt side of aluminium foil for food. Place the shiny side down on the work surface and place the ingredients on the matt side of the film. So you are in the safe area and cooking in the aluminium foil is not harmful. In general, food should only come into contact with the matt side of the aluminium foil, even if you are packing ingredients in aluminium foil for storage.
8. Fish in Aluminium Foil Tip from Jamie Oliver
Jamie did a nice thing once, and it’s a clue. For example, you can wrap the fish in the foil as early as the morning and then keep it cool. In the evening the fish packers only go into the oven and dinner, even for guests is quickly ready!
9. Cooking Video: Preparing Fish in Aluminium Foil
The preparation I show in the following cooking video step by step, with you it will be just as easy.
10. Recipe for Fish in Aluminium Foil
- 2 pc trout or char, gilthead and sea bass
- 10 pc small tomatoes
- 2 pc spring onion
- any lemon zest
- 2 pc cloves of garlic
- any fresh thyme
- 40 ml olive oil
- 50 g Butter
- 200 ml dry white wine or Prosecco
- 200 g small potatoes peeled
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180-200°C. Spread out the aluminium foil webs, the matt side upwards. Add a little oil in the middle and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the washed trout on aluminium foil, halve the cocktail tomatoes, add the spring onions, some fine lemon zest, garlic and thyme.
- Beat the foil together upwards, add some butter and olive oil, season with salt and pepper from above, pour on with the wine and close the aluminium foil tightly at the top.
- Place potatoes on an extra piece of aluminium foil, add oil and butter, season with salt and pepper.
- Put the fish in aluminium foil and the potatoes in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes. Arrange quickly and enjoy.
11. Nutritional Informations for trout in aluminum foil with potatoes
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Christmas Recipes
- Fish & Seafood
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Main Courses Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
OTHER LANGUAGES: German