Eggs with Spinach Recipe, Fried Egg with Cream Spinach and Potatoes deliciously Prepare
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Which egg goes with this dish?You can prepare the egg as a poached egg, scrambled egg, baked egg or egg in a bowl. All variations taste delicious, I prefer to stick to the well-known fried egg and the preparation I show you in the following video.
Prepare the fried egg: It takes time, a good pan, butter and a patient cook…At this point I would like to add a gourmet tip. In the truffle season you can put a truffle with some eggs for three days in a glass. Close the glass and put it in the fridge. The eggs absorb the truffle aroma and taste delicious. Alternatively, use white truffle oil, drizzle the oil over the dish! This will conjure up a wonderful aroma on the table!
2. Preparing the side dishesPreparing fried eggs is in progress, now we are dealing with the side dishes, which you please prepare first. The egg dish is prepared very quickly and when the potatoes are floating in the water with their skins on, it just doesn’t fit. I have briefly summarized the work steps for you here…
- Cook the potatoes with skin in salted water
- Add some parsley stalks and some caraway seeds and the potatoes will taste better.
- After cooking, pour off the potatoes and peel them, place them in a pan with butter.
- Prepare the leaf spinach while the potatoes are cooking.
- The fresh, powerful leaf spinach leaves are already in your kitchen.
- Wash the spinach leaves several times in cold water.
- Remove the wilted leaves, leave the leaf stalks (rich in fibre) on the leaves, they will be mixed anyway!
- Dice an onion or shallot and some garlic finely.
- Make the butter or ghee as well as organic cream or soy cream available.
- Fry onions and garlic until colourless
- Add the dried spinach and cook for about three minutes with the lid on.
- Mix some starch in cold water, add to the spinach with the cream, season to taste and mix.
- Now prepare the fried egg and then… arrange!
2.1 Cooking Video Leaf SpinachSome time ago I created a Headcam-Cooking Video. It shows you the preparation of Popeye vegetables. Just look over my shoulder while cooking, the video takes only 5 minutes…
3. Eggs with Spinach RecipeSo far so good, you’re well prepared now. Below you will find the step-by-step instructions with many photos. Send me your cooking question via the comment function at the bottom of the page!
Fried eggs with creamed spinach and potatoes
Prepare eggs with spinach delicious step by step. A recipe by german chef Thomas Sixt.
Prepare cream spinach
|2||pc||shallots (or yellow onions)|
|1||pc||clove of garlic|
|1||cup||Cream (soy cream or cow milk cream)|
|1||tsp||cornflour (to taste to the sauce bind or 1 tsp linseed)|
Prepare fried egg
|a little bit||thyme|
Cook the potatoes in plenty of salted water with the skin on. You can add parsley stalks and some caraway seeds. You can now prepare the cream spinach…
Drain the potatoes later, rinse briefly and peel.
Put the potatoes in a pan, add some butter and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Prepare cream spinach
Wash the spinach leaves in plenty of cold water and change the water 2-3 times depending on the degree of soiling. Sand and other unwanted substances can only be removed by washing and moving the spinach several times in water. Place the leaf spinach on a sieve and drain or squeeze.
Remove the stalks from the leaves or leave the stalks on the leaves for more fibre in the vegetables.
Halve and peel the shallots and garlic clove. Both ingredients are easier to peel halved! and cut finely into cubes. Please use a sharp knife and do not chop the ingredients. Sweat the shallots and garlic cubes in a large pot with the butter for a few minutes until translucent.
Cut the peeled and halved onion into fine cubes.
Cut the peeled garlic into fine litters. Do not press the garlic, it will become bitter in taste.
Sweat the prepared garlic and onion cubes in a large pot or in a high pan with the butter for a few minutes until translucent.
Add the washed and drained spinach leaves.
Cook the leafy vegetables with lid over high heat for 2-3 minutes, the leaves collapse.
Mix the starch in cold water. If you stir the starch in cold water and then add it to the hot liquid, the starch will not clump!
Add the cream and bring to the boil once. Flavour with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg and leave to stand next to the stove without lid.
Mix the spinach with a hand blender. Bring the creamed spinach to the boil again before serving and season to taste. Add some butter, ghee and lemon juice.
Prepare fried egg
Heat a pan, add some butter to the pan and froth. Beat the egg and let it slide into the pan. Fry the egg at medium heat.
put the food on the plate
Heat the potatoes, bring the creamed spinach to the boil and arrange on warm plates. Cut out the fried egg and place on the plate. Do not sprinkle egg yolk with salt, salt and pepper at the table. Enjoy your meal!