OTHER LANGUAGES: German
I would like to present my Eggnog Recipe to you here now. Creamy, creamy liqueur, which is made easily and quickly.
The velvety yellow seduction with alcohol tastes equally good to everyone from 18 years upwards.
The liqueur goes wonderfully with ice cream, waffles, cakes with coffee, tea and cocoa. Eierlikör can even be complemented with sparkling wine or Prosecco. Eierlikör – a piece of German cultural heritage so to speak – also tastes great with Italian espresso 😉
Have fun with the preparation and enjoyment!
- 1. Prepare Egg Liqueur
- 2. Special Features and Durability
- 3. Egg Liqueur Recipe
- 4. Calories and Nutritional Values
- 5. More Recipes for Liqueur and Cocktail
- 6. Frequently Asked Questions
1. Prepare Egg Liqueur
The preparation of egg liqueur is done in no time at all:
Sugar and egg yolk are whipped to a frothy consistency and topped with whipped cream. This makes the liqueur particularly creamy.
I especially like rum as an alcoholic supplement. Brown and long aged rum has a particularly round taste.
Here you can see my ingredients at a glance:
2. Special Features and Durability
If you want to make a nice creamy liqueur from eggs, I recommend you to consider a few things:
- Use very fresh eggs and of these only the yolk.
- Supplement with very fresh sweet cream.
- For the shelf life a high-proof drink like rum with at least 30% alcohol content and please pay attention to the quality of the rum.
- Saffron provides a beautiful yellow colour.
- The pith of fresh vanilla provides a special flavour.
The advocaat can be kept in the refrigerator for a good 8 weeks.
3. Egg Liqueur Recipe
- Separate 6 fresh egg yolks from the egg white.
- Add the fine sugar and egg yolks and whip until frothy.
- Soak saffron threads in a shot glass in warm water.
- Cut a vanilla pod in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. Scratch out the pulp of the vanilla pod with the knife.
- Add the vanilla pulp to the sugar and egg yolk mixture.
- Complete with whipped cream.
- Add rum and saffron and continue to surf. Store in the refrigerator for a good 2 hours.
- Enjoy with espresso, coffee or something fresh.
4. Calories and Nutritional Values
5. More Recipes for Liqueur and Cocktail
6. Frequently Asked Questions
Which eggs do I use for advocaat?
It is best to use very fresh organic eggs that are not older than one week. You only need the egg yolks.
How long does homemade advocaat keep fresh?
The liqueur can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week if prepared correctly. Heat the egg yolk for at least 10 minutes up to a temperature of 72°C when whipping and generally pay attention to hygiene. Rinse the bottle with vinegar essence before bottling.
How does the advocaat get nice and creamy?
Condensed milk makes the advocaat very creamy, I prefer to use cream, so my liqueur is a bit more fluid. Optionally, you can whip the cream slightly and fold it into the warm sugar-egg yolk alcohol mixture and prepare a very creamy, creamy liqueur for a short time.
Which alcohol goes into the eggnog?
A mature rum is excellent, as are cognac and brandy. Drinking alcohol and the primasprit which was often used in the GDR in former times is out of question for me.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German