The recipe Potato Salad Vinegar Oil shows simplest potato salad, it is marinated only with vinegar and oil 🙂
Whether you add mustard to the potato salad dressing is up to you. Anyway, in my article you will find lots of ideas and suggestions for your perfect potato salad.
Good luck! Please share this post on Facebook.
- 1. Vinegar Oil Potato Salad what should you watch out for?
- 2. The optimal Salad Potato for Potato Salad!
- 3. What does the Vinegar Oil Potato Salad taste for and when?
- 4. Watch out for the onions!
- 5. Vinegar Oil Potato Salad with Cucumber
- 6. Other Recipes for Potato Salad
- 7. Recipe
- 8. Potato Salad with Vinegar and Oil Tips
- 9. Calories (kcal) Easy Potato Salad, the Nutritional Informations
1. Vinegar Oil Potato Salad what should you watch out for?
The vinegar oil potato salad can be made a little more sour. He then comes along simply hearty and violent. Freshly cut onion cubes, mixed in as an addition, increase this classification and are not suitable for tender bellies. The sugar balances the acidity of the vinegar and controls the taste. A good ratio for the potato salad vinegar-oil dressing is one that tastes good to you. Please refer to my recipe below. It often depends on the type of potato whether you need more or less vinegar.
2. The optimal Salad Potato for Potato Salad!
I only use shape-retaining, waxy potatoes – which are also called “fatty”, or predominantly waxy potato varieties such as: Agria, Bamberger croissants, Hansa, Linda, Marabel, Sieglinde, Ditta, Cilena, Nicola, Selma. The floury potatoes are better for K-puree and potato dough.
3. What does the Vinegar Oil Potato Salad taste for and when?
It goes excellently with fried Leberkäse and Bratwurst. The vinegar oil potato salad is the most original potato salad. Due to the high vinegar content, the potato has a slightly longer shelf life. The recipe could originate from times when cooling capacities were not as comfortable as we know today. Try different white wine or red wine vinegars. It is fascinating how much vinegar as an important ingredient changes and influences the taste. When alcohol flows in large quantities, this salad is a great midnight snack and pleasant as part of a hangover breakfast for the next day.
4. Watch out for the onions!
The onion thing comes with every potato salad recipe I have. Unfortunately I have too often had a fermenting potato salad on the table when I was out eating. The potato salad starts to ferment when it is prepared with raw onions and remains standing. For onions in potato salad there are only three varieties:
Just before serving, cut the onions fresh and mix them with the potato salad. Eat everything promptly – the shelf life of potato salad is limited (even if stored in a cool place).
Blanch the onion cubes briefly, then mix into the salad, cooled down – keep cool for approx. one day.
Marinate the onion cubes in some vinegar and sugar for approx. 10 minutes and then mix in without the marinade – keep cool for approx. one day.
5. Vinegar Oil Potato Salad with Cucumber
Pickles can be added generously to this simple potato salad. Connoisseurs pour some of the vinegar gherkin water from the glass into the salad marinade.
6. Other Recipes for Potato Salad
potato salad with mustard, Bavarian potato salad from Munich, potato salad with yogurt, Swabian potato salad, classic potato salad, potato salad with bacon, potato salad with mayonnaise, Potato Salad with Lamb’s Lettuce and Porcini Mushrooms in Strudel Dough, Viennese Potato Salad.
- 350 g potatoes raw, peeled
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 30-50 ml white vine vinegar
- 20 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp mustard I take original Develey Mustard "mittelscharf"
- 1 tsp. salt I take Himalayan salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 bunch of parsley finely sliced
- 1 pieces onions
- Cook the raw, peeled potatoes in vegetable broth until soft to taste, pour the potatoes from the broth into a bowl and put the broth aside.
- Allow the potatoes to cool briefly at lukewarm temperature, then add all remaining ingredients except for the parsley and mix well.
- Let the potato salad steep for a few minutes, if it gets too firm, simply add some vegetable stock from the pot and mix in.
- Finally cut the parsley and fold in part of it together with the finely diced onion.
- Season potato salad to taste again shortly before serving, decorate well and serve.