This time I’ll show you an especially exciting, tasty recipe Duck with Pineapple, which contains an ingredient you’ve probably never used for cooking before – Red Bull
With the Red Bull we “winged” our sauce to duck breast – hard to believe but it really tastes awesome!
In the video I show you the preparation step by step. Wish you good luck!
1. The crazy supporting cast of our meal: Red Bull
Red Bull gives us wings – this time our duck gets some extra wings. Strictly speaking, we use the Red bull to refine our sauce for the duck breast.
Gravy with Red Bull sounds crazy, I know… but the taste is great together with pinapple!
Have you ever been wondering what we exactly drink when we enjoy a Red Bull? Red Bull consist of water, caffeine, sugar, taurine and b-complex vitamins. That’s not really healthy but it often helps us get through the day. Now let me explain how I use the Red Bull in my Duck and Pinapple recipe:
When the duck legs already searing for a while, I add the pineapple pieces, the onion and the garlic to the meat. When everything gets a little brown, I sprinkle in some flour to make the sauce. You can also take some of the rice water instead of flour, it is only important that there is starch in it. The next step is to deglaze the flour with a cold liquid. Our cold liquid is the Red Bull! I pour the Red Bull in, add some stock and let it cook until the sauce has the desired texture. Especially with the pineapples the Red Bull works really well. Honestly I also was a little skeptic about the result but trust me, it’s amazing!
2. Duck legs – how you succeed
Before I start searing the duck legs, I have to debone them. For that step please watch my video below – I explain every step in detail. When you are finished with that we can start cooking the duck legs. First we place them skin down and without any fat in the preheated pan and sear them.
2.1 Debone duck legs video
Now I have a great cooking tip for you: cook your duck legs covered with a lid. In general duck meat has strong connective tissue. With the lid it starts to steam, and that is what the meat needs to get tender.
When you put a lid on the pan, the meat will get tender!
As you can see in my video, I turn the meat after a few minutes and push it aside to thicken the sauce. In the meantime the duck legs continue cooking. If you follow my advice, the duck legs will be very crispy on the outside but they won’t be overcooked on the inside.
No time left and I am hungry!
Help! It smells delicious and I’m hungry but the meat isn’t done yet. What shall I do? Take the duck legs out of the pan and cut them into pieces. Then you put the pieces back into the pan and let them simmer for a few minutes. That’s a way to reduce the cooking time and you can serve the dish after 35 minutes!
You can find much more cooking tips in my cooking video! I wish you much fun with cooking! And be careful: don’t drink all of the Red Bull yourself before the sauce is done! 😉
3. Video Preparing and peeling pineapple
4. Recipe Duck with pineapple coriander and Red Bull
- 120 g rice
- 360 ml vegetable stock
- 1 duck leg
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 80 g pineapple
- 1 tsp wheat flour
- 1 can Red Bull
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- a little Chili fresh
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 1 bunch coriander fresh
- Bring the rice with the stock to a boil and cook it softly or firm to the bite, depending on you personal taste.
- Debone the duck leg as shown in the video and cut the meat into pieces. Brown the duck pieces in a pan with the skin facing down. Cover with a lid and let it simmer at a lower heat.
- Cut the onion and the pineapple into small cubes. Turn the duck legs and lay them on side of the pan. Sear the onions, garlic and the pineapple in the natural gravy.
- Add the flour and lightly roast everything, then deglaze with the Red Bull, add the soy sauce, the chicken stock an a littlebit of chili. Let it simmer for a while.
- Cut the coriander and add to the sauce. If the leg pieces aren't done yet, slice them and let them simmer for another few minutes. Serve the rice together with the duck legs and the sauce.