OTHER LANGUAGES: German
I think the recipe Duck Breast in the Oven is absolutely ingenious. In addition to the duck breast, the vegetables are also prepared in the oven and offer Mediterranean enjoyment in your own four walls.
In terms of taste it is a great thing and everyone who has little time will be happy because it goes fantastically fast.
I love this dish because it is so quickly prepared and prepared. At best I need 15 minutes until the duck breast and the vegetables are in the oven.
In the video preparing duck breast in the oven I show you everything step by step.
This and further inspiration can be found in the following text. Good luck!
The recipe duck breast in the oven can be found at the end of the page. If you prefer to leave the oven cold, fry the duck breast in the pan. This is what I show in detail in the article roast duck breast.
Either way, the cook can take a meditative break and continue writing in the cook blog.
Duck breast and vegetables cook in the oven at the same time – this is practical and saves time!
- 1. Duck Breast and Vegetables cook in the oven at the same Time – this is practical and saves Time!
- 2. Preparing Duck Breast made easy
- 3. Prepare the Duck Breast Skin, cut, season
- 4. Vegetables with Duck Breast – a little Mediterranean
- 5. Duck Breast whole or slightly crispy
- 6. Pale pink or even more pink
- 7. Juice and Sauce for Duck Breast
- 8. Cooking Video Duck Breast from the Oven with Mediterranean Vegetables
- 9. Recipe Duck Breast from the Oven with Mediterranean Vegetables
- 10. Calories (kcal) duck breast with vegetables in the oven, the nutritional values
1. Duck Breast and Vegetables cook in the oven at the same Time – this is practical and saves Time!
I would like to write a little technical to this special duck species, since the ususal sources give little information. The barbarian duck is originally at home in the tropics, therefore it was also called “duck from barbarism” or “Canard d`Inde”. This duck species originates from the New World West Indies and the Amazon region, where it lived on trees according to various sources. This duck is important today in the gourmet kitchen, it is a delicate flying duck (also musk duck or warty duck), which is bred only since 1871 in France. It became popular and famous by its spicy and firm meat. In comparison to the German domestic duck, which must always be fried, the barbarian duck, here only the breast, is served tender pink. If you should prepare a Barbarie duck once in the whole, it is recommended to serve the breast pale pink as a first course, the aftergarden clubs then in a second course. However, this should be kept for another article because otherwise we will sink too much into gourmet food.
2. Preparing Duck Breast made easy
I use a fresh Barbarie duck breast for this dish. This special duck breast should be tender pink on the plate, at best crispy and there are a few tricks to make it work. The most important thing is a preheated oven – I tend to high temperatures, so I take the hot air level at 220°C and heat the oven accordingly. The oven temperature should really be reached when the prepared duck breast comes into the oven, as this is the only way to ensure optimal cooking.
3. Prepare the Duck Breast Skin, cut, season
After unpacking the duck breast I wash it under running cold water. The breast is drained, I then remove any remaining quills with a pair of tweezers and clean the back (cut out the veins), then cut the skin diamond-shaped. Please do not cut the skin too deep, the flesh should not be injured.
Cut the duck skin conscientiously, not the meat – so the fat can fry nicely and the skin becomes crispy!
Now season the breast with salt and pepper. Personally, I love black pepper, although we only ever used white pepper for Alfons Schuhbeck. White pepper tastes stinging, I and my wife think. That is why black pepper is used. With salt I have become choosy. In the video I use black Hawai salt and recommend either Fleur de Sel or a real unpurified Ursalz or Himalayan salt. These types of salt are healthier, if you want to know more about them you can read more about them in this book. Now place the breast with the skin side down into the roaster, continue with the vegetables.
4. Vegetables with Duck Breast – a little Mediterranean
I love Mediterranean cuisine and so I prepare fennel, potatoes, peppers, olives and garlic as a side dish. Cut the potatoes into quarters or eighths, at best peel them beforehand, clean the fennel and cut them into quarters, leaving the stalk on, so that the fennel pieces remain whole and do not disintegrate. Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds, I only use red or yellow peppers for this dish so that the play of colour is right. Then I add black olives without seeds and 5 whole cloves of garlic. In the video the order is the other way round, first I show the vegetables, then the preparation of the duck breast – but it doesn’t matter how around you do it yourself.
5. Duck Breast whole or slightly crispy
Everyone likes it different, I like the breast slightly crispy in this dish, is not a fried Chinese duck but a fine French duckling. If you like to follow my recommendation, make the preparation exactly as explained in the video. The breast remains on the skin side and after 30 minutes the dish is ready.
But if you want the breast to be really crispy, please set the alarm to 20 minutes and then switch the oven to hot air grill. First turn the breast once – right – skin side now up, add salt and cook for another 10-12 minutes. The breast should now be crispy and crispy and calm even the last critic.
6. Pale pink or even more pink
The cooking time of the duck breast depends on the one hand on your oven and on the other hand on the thickness of the duck breast. If the breast is particularly small, then the cooking time must be reduced somewhat, if the breast is larger it took longer. After one to 2 attempts one has the turn always out I would like to make you here only courage so that it also really works well.
7. Juice and Sauce for Duck Breast
In this preparation I “only” work with the gravy. On the one hand this is the fat from the duck breast, on the other hand the roasted substances and, as you can see in the video, fresh thyme. The fresh thyme is added to the hot gravy shortly before serving and develops its incomparable aroma over a gentle heat. Drizzle the gravy over the vegetables and duck and serve quickly! Here are some more ideas for duck breast sauce.
8. Cooking Video Duck Breast from the Oven with Mediterranean Vegetables
9. Recipe Duck Breast from the Oven with Mediterranean Vegetables
- 4 pc small potatoes
- 1 pc fennel bulb
- 3 pc red ball pepper
- 10 pc olives
- 5 pc garlic
- 1 pc barbarie duck breast
- 1 pinch common thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Provide a larger roaster, preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius hot air.
- Cut the peeled potatoes into quarters, fennel as well, halve the peppers, remove the seeds and remove the stalk.
- Spread the vegetables with the olives and garlic in the roaster.
- Leave some space in the roaster for the barbarian duck breast, sprinkle in salt and pepper at this point and place the slightly cut and plastered barbarian duck breast with the skin side down.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and put the roaster in the oven - preparation time approx. 30 minutes.
- After the cooking time has expired, remove the roaster, arrange the vegetables on preheated plates, cut the duck breast into diagonal slices and place it on the plate with the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the thyme plucked into the resulting gravy, then drizzle into the duck breast and serve quickly with vegetables.
10. Calories (kcal) duck breast with vegetables in the oven, the nutritional values
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Christmas Recipes
- Duck Recipes
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Main Courses Recipes
- Meat Recipes
- Mediterranean Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
OTHER LANGUAGES: German