Duck Breast on Lamb’s Lettuce as Starter, Recipe with Video and Professional Instructions
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
- 1. Duck Breast and Lamb’s Lettuce as Starter
- 2. Prepare Lamb’s Lettuce
- 3. Lamb’s Lettuce Dressing
- 4. Roast Duck Breast
- 5. Sweet Kick to the Duck Breast
- 6. Duck Breast with Lamb’s Lettuce as Starter Cooking Videos
- 7. My Recipe Duck Breast with Lamb’s Lettuce
- 8. Prepare Duck Breast in the Oven
- 9. Calories (kcal) Duck Breast on Lamb’s Lettuce with Vegetables and Blueberries
1. Duck Breast and Lamb’s Lettuce as StarterThe advantage of this combination is obvious. The duck breast, here a barbarian duck breast, is still a luxury product and still affordable. For four persons you need two duck breasts. The cost is about 16-20 Euro. If you want to impress your guests and/or loved ones, please try the preparation.
2. Prepare Lamb’s LettuceLamb’s lettuce needs careful preparation. Elsewhere in my cooking blog I show the lamb’s lettuce washing in detail. If you are serious, do not take a shortcut, pluck the roots from the lamb’s lettuce, wash the lettuce as shown in the instructions and do NOT spin the lettuce dry.
3. Lamb’s Lettuce DressingMy lamb’s lettuce dressing consists of a combination of balsamic vinegar/sweet Bavarian mustard/salt/pepper and olive oil. As a Bavarian I appreciate our sweet mustard very much, the dressing to lamb’s lettuce tastes excellent and supports its nutty note. This lamb’s lettuce dressing simply succeeds and tastes great!
4. Roast Duck BreastI show the roasting of the duck breast in the video and additionally you can watch the article roast duck breast step by step with picture. A taste hint remains at this point: I fry the vegetables in the duck fat, so it gets a special taste and harmonizes even better with the remaining ingredients.
5. Sweet Kick to the Duck BreastI like it sweet to the duck. As a change to the cranberries there are caramelized blueberries this time.
6. Duck Breast with Lamb’s Lettuce as Starter Cooking Videos
7. My Recipe Duck Breast with Lamb’s Lettuce
Duck Breast on Lamb's Lettuce with Roasted Vegetables and Caramelized Blueberries
Recipe starter with barbarian duck breast and lamb’s lettuce by Thomas Sixt.
|1||pc||barbarian duck breast|
|1||pc||clove of garlic|
|120||g||Lamb's lettuce (Rapunzel)|
Wash and dry the duck breast, cut the skin thinly in a diamond shape.
Season the duck breast with salt and pepper on both sides, then place in the pan with the skin side down. Add some thyme (twigs) and garlic to flavour and fry.
Caramelise the cane sugar, add the berries and a little water, remove from the heat and put aside seasoned with cinnamon.
Cut washed vegetables and fry zucchini and mushrooms with some duck fat.
Turn the duck breast over and continue cooking. Wash and dry the lamb’s lettuce and add the halved cocktail tomatoes to the remaining vegetables in the pan.
Mix the sugar with mustard, salt, pepper, some chilli and balsamic vinegar, then add the olive oil and prepare a good salad dressing. Marinate lamb’s lettuce and serve.
Add the vegetables, carve the duck into slices and add to the salad. Add blueberries and serve.
8. Prepare Duck Breast in the Oven
Another variation of the duck breast preparation takes place in the oven. Prepare the duck breast, season, fry on both sides and then finish in the oven at approx. 200°C hot air. A similar recipe, however a duck as main course, I show in the article duck breast from the oven.