Here I show you a Chicken Curry recipe for the fast kitchen. The preparation succeeds in approx. 15 minutes.
It’s really easy and if you don’t have much time to cook and still want to put a great chicken curry on the table, this is the place for you.
Asian simple and great taste. So the cooking is fun! In the article you’ll find lots of information and ideas for variations.
In the video Preparing chicken curry I show you everything step by step.
Have fun reading and trying it out!
- 1. Chicken curry and “Currywurst” are famous dishes with curry.
- 2. When you are in a hurry: version with chicken strips
- 3. The perfect sauce for the chicken curry
- 4. Side dish for Chicken Curry with vegetables – Basmati rice is perfect
- 5. The cooking videos for the chicken curry with rice
- 6. Recipe for Chicken curry with vegetables and Basmati Rice
- 7. Nutritional Value And Calories Chicken Curry
1. Chicken curry and “Currywurst” are famous dishes with curry.
In Germany the “Currywurst” is probably one of the most famous dishes, but also Asian recipes with green curry (thai-kueang kaeng) are very popular. The green curry paste has nothing to do with the famous curry powder. It consists of 50 % of Thai chili, and the rest is garlic, shallots, galangal root (Thai ginger), roasted coriander seeds, coriander roots, lemon peel and shrimp paste.
Add honey or brown sugar to any dish with curry.
Everyone knows the proverb: “Opposites attract”. That doesn’t only work with relationships but also with curry and sugar. In other words: curry needs something sweet to give the dish a pleasant and full taste.
Chicken pieces cooked as a the whole
For this chicken curry I cook the deboned chicken breast and the legs on as a whole in the sauce (see video), so the meat won’t get dry.
2. When you are in a hurry: version with chicken strips
If you want to be even quicker, then slice the chicken breast and quickly sear the strips in a dash of oil. Take out the meat and prepare the vegetables and the sauce. Add the meat to the sauce just before serving the curry. Let everything cook together for about 3 minutes, then it is done.
3. The perfect sauce for the chicken curry
I’m often asked how I prepare my sauces. Here are some of my secrets for you. In my video I show the preparation with chicken stock and soy sauce. That is just one version. You can also take normal cream or even coconut milk. You can take self-made chicken stock or you use a bouillon cube.
3.1 How to thicken the sauce for the chicken
To thicken the sauce you should use flour. You brown the flour briefly in grease and then you deglaze it with cold water, no lumps will form and the flour taste is reduced.
If you prefer a gluten-free diet, you can thicken the sauce with cornstarch. Mix the starch with cold water, then add it to the chicken curry. Once the sauce boils, it will start to thicken.
Another option is to mix one tablespoon of cornstarch with half a glass of cold water. Then bring the sauce to a boil and add the starch water gradually until the desired thickness is reached.
4. Side dish for Chicken Curry with vegetables – Basmati rice is perfect
Boil the basmati rice in a pot next to the chicken curry. Start with the rice to avoid stress. As a general rule, you bring one cup of rice with two cups of water to a boil. Don’t forget to salt the water. I give also some brown sugar into the rice for a pleasant taste. Cook the rice with a lid at low heat. Since I worked with a Japanese cook, I always wash the normal rice basmati rice I do not wash! Other Rice: Put the rice into a bowl and fill the bowl with water. Leave the rice for a few minutes by continuously adding running water to it. The rice sinks down on the ground and the turbidities will be washed out. That gives the rice a better taste.
5. The cooking videos for the chicken curry with rice
I have made two Videos for you, the First video shows the preparation of the following recipe, the second video shows you how to debone a chicken…
5. 1 Cooking Video for Recipe Chicken Curry
5.3 Cooking video: How to debone a chicken
6. Recipe for Chicken curry with vegetables and Basmati Rice
Find below my recipe for the chicken curry with basmati rice. It’s a simple recipe. I wish you much fun and good appetite!
- 1 chicken parted, see video instruction
- 1 piece of onion medium size
- 1 piece of garlic clove medium size
- 1 slice of ginger 4 mm
- 1 Zucchini medium size
- 1 Stück eggplant medium size
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1-2 teaspoon Mehl
- 60 ml white wine dry
- 300 ml chicken stock self made or stock cube
- 1 tablespoon Curry yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 200 ml soy cream or coconut milk, cream
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Please prepare and cook the Basmati Rice how I have written in the article point 4.
- Sear the parted chicken in a pan.
- Cut the peeled onions into cubes and add them to the meat.
- Chop the garlic and the ginger slices finely.
- Cube the eggplant and the zucchini and also add to the pan.
- Turn the chicken pieces, put the vegetables aside and pour in some oil, also add the flour and roast everything (instead you can also add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch mixed together with 100ml water later - after boiling, the cornstarch and the sauce will thickne).
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger and extinguish with white wine, pour in the chicken stock and let it boil.
- Season with curry and honey, stir in the soy cream and mix everything properly.
- Add some soy sauce according to your flavor. Let it simmer for another 10 minutes before serving the curry with rice.
- For decoration: some goji berries or candied cherries.