Crispy Chicken Recipe with Ideas for fried Chicken with Stuffing
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Chicken crispy, what is to be consideredSo that your chicken gets a crispy skin, I have prepared some tips for you…
- Preheat oven, chicken stuffed 180°C, chicken unfilled 200-220°C.
- Wash chicken, dry and prepare.
- Season chicken with oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in the oven for 40-60 minutes at hot air.
- Pierce chicken skin with a thin fork after about 30 minutes and add salt to skin.
- If necessary, increase oven temperature in last 5 minutes.
2. Fill Roast ChickenFirst of all an important info: A chicken stuffed with bread dumplings needs at least 50 minutes in the oven, an unfilled or only with herbs stuffed chicken with open abdomen you can cook at high temperature, up to 220°C stage hot air fast. The chicken stuffed with bread dumplings needs a temperature of 170-180°C, it needs to cook longer, so that the stuffing is firm and the chicken is crispy but not burnt on the plate, so if you want it to go faster, please fill the chicken only with herbs. You can fill the chicken with rosemary, thyme and parsley, garlic and garlic, and the fried chicken filled with bread dumplings is a speciality from Bavaria. The Bavarians love their dumplings and that just as much as filling, as the recipe filled veal breast shows… The lemon chicken with rosemary, served with oven vegetables and cranberries I will show you elsewhere!
2. Ideas for Side DishesThe chicken with bread roll filling presented below already has a side dish. The dumplings cook in the chicken and come fried on the table. In the sauce you prepare potatoes, onions and garlic, carrots and parsley root. You can add the vegetables to the seasoned chicken right at the beginning, after about 20-30 minutes, when the vegetables are browned, deglaze with broth and white wine. Let’s now look at the other side dishes… Finally, I would like to make the choice easier for you. Vegetables to prepare in the oven:
- Potatoes cut into quarters or eighths
- Parsley root
- Generally soup vegetables
- Root vegetables
- Onions or shallots
- Chanterelles, champignons and other mushrooms
- Tomato salad
- Potato salad
- Green salad or colorful lettuce with a fine dressing
- Cucumber salad with or without cream
- Bean salad
- Fennel salad
3. Cooking Video preparing Roast ChickenThe following Headcam Cooking video I show you in 10 minutes exemplary the preparation of chicken in the oven.
4. Recipe crispy ChickenNow you are optimally prepared, below you will find my recipe, I am looking forward to a comment and wish you good luck until then!
Crispy fried Chicken with Bread Filling and Sauce
Crispy chicken with a simple recipe with bread dumpling filling from the Bavarian cuisine. Chef tips for crispy skin and great side dishes. A professional chef’s guide by Thomas Sixt with cooking video and pictures.
Chicken and Stuffing
|120||g||bread cubes (I'll take a big one or two regular rolls.)|
|4-6||pinches||Salt (I use Ursalz or Himalaya salt.)|
|4||pinches||Pepper (I'm using black pepper here.)|
|1||pc||chicken (whole organic chicken!)|
|8||pc||potatoes small (or sweet potatoes)|
|4-6||pc||shallots (I also like to use quartered onions!)|
|4||pc||clove of garlic|
|80||ml||dry white wine|
Stuffing and Chicken
Preheat the oven to 180°C at the hot air stage.
Cut the shallot in half, peel and dice finely. Sweat the shallot cubes with the butter for about three minutes until translucent, then pour on some milk. Add finely diced rolls and stir. Let the mixture cool a little, then add the egg and the finely chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg and make ready for filling.
Wash the chicken under cold running water, dry and place on a deep baking tray or wide roaster. Fill the chicken with the dumpling, you can tie the chicken, close it with a skewer or leave it open.
Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters, peel the root vegetables and cut into pieces. Peel the shallots and garlic. Put the prepared vegetables to the chicken and season all ingredients in the roaster or on the baking tray with salt and pepper.
Chicken prepare and Sauce prepare
Put the stuffed chicken with the vegetables in the oven. Set the kitchen alarm clock to 30 minutes. When it rings, add the white wine, broth and butter.
You can take care of the crispy skin now: Use a thin meat fork and carefully prick the skin on the chest and the legs. Please do not prick the meat, otherwise the valuable gravy will run out and the poultry will dry. Sprinkle the skin with gravy and salt with a little salt.
Cook the chicken for another 25-30 minutes. Test then please with the needle sample whether the dumpling mass is firm and hot.
Needle check: Punch a long needle or thin meat fork into the filling from the direction of the abdominal opening. Leave the fork or needle in place for 30 seconds, then remove and check the temperature of the fork.
Finish and Serving
Trigger the chicken: Cut the chicken on the legs, then remove the breasts from the middle of the breastbone. Now remove the legs, take the stuffing out of the chicken. Keep meat and stuffing warm.
Remove the vegetables from the sauce and prepare them. Slowly boil the gravy with the chicken carcass cut into small pieces in a saucepan with ice cubes. Grate a potato finely and add to the sauce. Let the sauce simmer for about 20 minutes, then strain, season with salt, pepper and butter and mix.
Gently season the prepared chicken pieces again with salt on the baking tray, skin side up. Then heat briefly under the grill at approx. 220 °C until crispy. You can leave the bread roll filling under the chicken pieces in the oven. Heat the vegetables in the sauce. Place warm plates ready. Carve the chicken pieces and arrange them, place the sauce and vegetables on the plates, cut the dumpling filling into slices and arrange them with the sauce. Enjoy your meal!
5. Overview on Calories and Nutritional Values
6. More Recipes with Chicken
On my website you will find the following great recipes for your kitchen…