OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I show you my fast Cream Schnitzel recipe. You need fresh pork schnitzel or veal schnitzel, turkey schnitzel are also ok.
For the vegetarian version I recommend a smoked tofu. You will certainly find some spices in your kitchen…
Please also get onions or shallots, mushrooms, white wine, vegetable broth, flour and cream.
As a simple side dish, potatoes or… spaetzle.
This dish can be conjured up in various variations in a short time on the table. Let yourself be inspired now and enjoy the anticipation of a great dish with this article.
If you have any questions, please use the comment function. Good luck!
1. Cream Schnitzel vegan, how does it work??
The present time brings with it many changes. More and more people want to eat less meat or even do without animals completely.
The reasons are different: For example, the sluggish improvements in animal husbandry, associated with the demand to reduce animal suffering.
Or the health aspect: Eating little meat means creating balance.
Vegan cream schnitzel, a good idea if your guests don’t eat meat…
I would like to show you a simple idea of how you can prepare the classic dish in a vegan or vegetarian version using the cream escalope.
One variant is to buy a vegetarian or vegan meat substitute. But today I prefer smoked tofu.
Instead of cream you can use soy cream. The butter remains as an ingredient, for a vegan preparation simply leave it out.
2. Schnitzel in Cream Sauce classic
To get in the mood, I have made an overview of the preparation here…
- Think first about the side dishes, spaetzle or fried potatoes…
- Clean and chop the mushrooms.
- You can use champigons, chanterelles, oyster mushrooms and porcini mushrooms.
- Cut the shallot or yellow onion into fine cubes.
- Lightly plate the schnitzel, season with salt and pepper.
- Place one side of the cutlet in flour.
- Fry the meat in the pan with a little more oil or clarified butter on both sides and let it take on colour.
- Remove the schnitzel from the pan…
- First fry the mushrooms vigorously in the pan.
- Add the diced shallot and sweat until translucent.
- Deglaze with white wine and broth and bring to the boil.
- Slowly add the cream or soy whip and bring to the boil.
- Put the schnitzel back in the pan and fry briefly with the lid on.
- Arrange side dishes, bring sauce to the boil, season and refine with fresh parsley.
- Put the meat and sauce on the plate.
Tofu I grill very briefly in the grooved pan. So a nice pattern comes on the cut surfaces. You can see this in the picture above.
3. Recipe Cream Schnitzel
Here now for your kitchen the step by step photo tutorial. Wish you good luck…
- 2 pc schnitzel resp. escalope or smoked tofu
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tbs sun flower oil or clarified butter
- 1-2 pc shallots
- 10 pc mushrooms
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 125 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml cream or soy cream
- 2 pinches Paprika noble sweet my secret ingredient!
- 2 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/4 bunch parsley
- 180 g Spätzle or other egg noodles
- 1 tbs Butter
- 4 pinches nutmeg
- 2 tsp cranberries ready made from the glas
- Prepare the ingredients and the side dish Spätzle. Bring the cranberries into reach.
- Prepare shallots cubes: Cut the shallots in half, peel and finely dice them. Alternatively, you can use a yellow onion.
- Clean the mushrooms, cut them into slices or slices. Cut some mushrooms smaller, the taste of the sauce will be better.
- Gently knock out the shreds between the cling film with a plating iron. Please do not use a classic pulp beater, otherwise you will leave marks on the meat.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, then place in flour on both sides and fry on all sides in a hot pan.
- Remove the schnitzel and brown the mushrooms with colour. Add the shallots and sauté until translucent.
- Put the meat back in the pan.
- Deglaze with the white wine and the broth and bring to the boil, slowly add the cream and continue cooking. Season the sauce and cook with the lid on.
- Heat the spaetzle in butter and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Serve the cream escalope with sauce and garnish, add cranberries, sprinkle with parsley and serve quickly.
You can also save yourself the trouble of flouring the schnitzel. Then bind the sauce with cold mixed starch. The Tofu Schnitzel is even easier to prepare. The meat knocking is omitted, the sauce on basis of mushrooms and onion cubes prepare and as in the paragraph here described bind. Fry the tofu briefly in a ribbed pan at high heat. Remark to the Tofu-Schnitzel picture in the article:
I served the dish with asparagus and potatoes, chopped the mushrooms and onions with very little soy cream in the food processor. This is how a kind of mushroom paste was created that tastes excellent. That would be another variation... Chef's secret tip:
This tip is only for smart people who read this post to the end... You can refine the cream sauce with very little lemon dust. You will be enthusiastic about the taste of the sauce... promised! Mushrooms sometimes get dirty in the kitchen. The cooking school article Mushrooms wash and clean shows you a professionally proven method for clean mushrooms!
4. Calories (kcal) Cream Schnitzel, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
5. More Schnitzel RecipesSchnitzel Parisian style
Cordon bleu, breaded schnitzel with cheese and ham filling
Schnitzel breading step by step instructions
Viennese Schnitzel with chef instructions and cooking video
Schnitzel with cornflakes
Schnitzel Viennese style with parsley potatoes and cranberries
Breaded turkey escalope with cooking video
Fried turkey escalope
Italian style veal escalope
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Chanterelles Recipes
- German Food and Recipes from German Kitchen
- Main Courses Recipes
- Meat Recipes
- Schnitzel Recipes
- Veal Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German