OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Couscous salad is on the menu today. I’ll show you my recipe for couscous with mint, asparagus and strawberries.
This salad has something refreshing and I bring the couscous to the table with a lemon-honey-mustard dressing. In addition to strawberries and asparagus, mint plays an important role in the taste.
This couscous salad tastes good on hot days, it is a great surprise and change for the next barbecue.
You can easily replace the strawberries with cocktail tomatoes, experiment with the ingredients, couscous succeeds, let yourself be carried away to cook now and use the following recipe as a guideline for your own kitchen.
Step by step photos accompany you while cooking….Questions to the recipe I answer you gladly over the comment function at the end of the page. Good luck!
1. Recipe Couscous Salad
- 200 g Couscous
- 400 ml vegetable broth
- 150 g strawberries I like to use local strawberries!
- 1 bunch green asparagus I also like to use white asparagus!
- pepper I like to use pepper black or green
- brown sugar
- 1 TL oliv oil I like to use it to cook asparagus!
- 150 g Mixed leaf salad I like to use a colorful mixture!
- 2 slices toast
- 40 g Butter
- 1 bunch mint
- 2 pc lemons
- 1 tsp Dijon-mustard
- 3 pinch salt
- 3 pinch pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon-mustard I like to use the original!
- 1 tsp honey Also tastes good with agave syrup!
- 60-80 ml walnut oil
- Prepare the ingredients for the couscous salad: Wash and dry the strawberries briefly, wash the green asparagus and peel at the bottom, prepare the remaining ingredients as indicated.
- Boil the couscous with twice the amount of vegetable stock in a saucepan and let it swell over a low heat. Pour the couscous into a sieve and let it evaporate on a baking tray.
- Cook the asparagus in a pot in boiling salted water for about 6-8 minutes until al dente. You can also season the water with sugar and olive oil.
- Grill the asparagus in the grill pan over a high heat to develop the flavour. Season the browned asparagus spears with a little sugar, salt and pepper.
- Then let the grilled asparagus cool down and cut into small pieces on a board with the strawberries.
- Put the lemon juice with Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix the ingredients well, then slowly add the walnut oil. The result is an emulsified salad dressing. Prepare the lemon-mustard-honey dressing for marinating.
- Cut the toast bread into 5 mm cubes and fry in a hot pan with the butter. Season the bread cubes with salt and pepper and prepare them for serving.
- Pluck leaf salad small and wash quickly in cold water. Spin the lettuce dry and place in a large bowl.
- Add all the prepared ingredients to the salad in the bowl and marinate with the dressing. Decorate the couscous salad with bread cubes and serve quickly. Pluck the mint freshly or serve to the guests at the table.
2. Calories and Overview of Nutritional Values
3. Other Ideas for Asparagus and StrawberriesAsparagus salad with strawberries
Goat cheese Salad recipe with strawberries and asparagus
Quinoa salad recipe with asparagus and strawberries
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Asparagus Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Gluten-Free Starters Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Low Carb Salads Recipes
- Salad Starters Recipes
- Salads Recipes
- Seasonal Ingredients Recipes
- Starters & Appetizers
- Strawberries Recipes
- Vegetarian Appetizers
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German