OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My recipe Cold Tomato Soup could inspire you to cook yourself… This soup is a refreshing summer treat.
Combine it with tomatoes, fresh herbs like basil, lovage, marjoram and oregano. The aromatic green pleases the eye and the palate.
Make your favorite people happy and serve this delicious soup. It takes less than 30 minutes. I wish you all the best!
1. Prepare cold Tomato Soup from fresh Tomatoes
For the cold tomato soup you need fantastically fragrant, ripe tomatoes. Other ingredients for this tomato soup are olive oil and some garlic, white wine, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and sugar. You can prepare this soup in different variations, with basil pesto and crispy fried basil leaves, or as shown in the picture above with avocado, sheep cheese and corn chips.
Fresh tomatoes, fully ripe and fragrant, are the first choice for this cold soup!
The preparation at a glance:
- Slice the tomato skin lightly with a sharp knife (cut lightly).
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling salted water for about half a minute.
- After blanching, briefly place the tomatoes in ice water or under running cold water.
- The peel of the tomatoes can now be easily removed.
- Fillet some tomatoes and then extract the tomato pulp and then the tomato cubes.
- The remaining tomatoes are mixed with the spices and aromatics and left to cool.
2. Cold Tomato Soup made from canned Tomatoes or strained Tomatoes
You can also prepare cold tomato soup from canned tomatoes or strained tomatoes. This is even faster, but the taste is different. The canned tomatoes are finally cooked. I only prepare this variant of soup in emergencies. In summer there are always fresh tomatoes, which taste excellent. A cold tomato soup is rarely served with the Christmas menu.
Cold tomato soup from fresh tomatoes tastes fine, light, you can taste the sun on your tongue!
3. Recipe cold Tomato Soup
You can find my recipe for the cold tomato soup made from fresh tomatoes below. You can refine the recipe individually with Worcestershiresauce or soy sauce. Please use the comment function at the bottom of this page to send questions and comments about the recipe! I’d love it if you’d cook that tomato soup yourself.
- 500 g tomatoes or canned tomatoes or strained tomatoes
- 2 EL olive oil
- 1/2 TL salt
- 4 Prisen black pepper
- 1 TL brown suggar
- 2 Prisen Cayenne pepper
- 1 Stück garlic or young, green garlic
- 20 ml dry white wine or Prosecco
- 1 Stück Avocado
- 80 g sheep's cheese
- 1 Stück lime
- 100 g But Chips
- 4 Blätter basil fresh
- Carve the tomatoes crosswise with a sharp knife, then blanch in boiling water for about 25-30 seconds. Quickly cool the tomatoes in ice water and peel. Fillet two tomatoes and cut the flesh into small cubes. Prepare the tomato cubes as an inlay for the cold tomato soup.
- Cut the remaining blanched and peeled tomatoes into quarters and place in a bowl, mix with olive oil, salt, pepper, sugar, some cayenne pepper, finely chopped garlic and white wine coarsely with a hand blender and chill.
- Cut avocado pulp into cubes, dice sheep's cheese, place corn chips in bowls, cut basil into fine strips.
- Arrange the cold tomato soup in soup bowls, serve with the halved lime and the side dishes.
4. Calories (kcal.) cold Tomato Soup. Nutrition Infos
5. Other Recipes for Tomato SoupItalian Tomato Soup made from braised Tomatoes, the secret Recipe from Italy
Tomato Soup made from fresh Tomatoes with Pesto and Monkfish or Tofu
Prepare the tomato soup with strained canned tomatoes
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Barbecue Recipes
- Mediterranean Recipes
- Soups Recipes
- Starters Soups Recipes
- Summer Soups Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German