Cold Tomato Soup
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Prepare cold Tomato Soup from fresh TomatoesFor the cold tomato soup you need fantastically fragrant, ripe tomatoes. Other ingredients for this tomato soup are olive oil and some garlic, white wine, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and sugar. You can prepare this soup in different variations, with basil pesto and crispy fried basil leaves, or as shown in the picture above with avocado, sheep cheese and corn chips. Fresh tomatoes, fully ripe and fragrant, are the first choice for this cold soup! The preparation at a glance:
- Slice the tomato skin lightly with a sharp knife (cut lightly).
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling salted water for about half a minute.
- After blanching, briefly place the tomatoes in ice water or under running cold water.
- The peel of the tomatoes can now be easily removed.
- Fillet some tomatoes and then extract the tomato pulp and then the tomato cubes.
- The remaining tomatoes are mixed with the spices and aromatics and left to cool.
2. Cold Tomato Soup made from canned Tomatoes or strained TomatoesYou can also prepare cold tomato soup from canned tomatoes or strained tomatoes. This is even faster, but the taste is different. The canned tomatoes are finally cooked. I only prepare this variant of soup in emergencies. In summer there are always fresh tomatoes, which taste excellent. A cold tomato soup is rarely served with the Christmas menu. Cold tomato soup from fresh tomatoes tastes fine, light, you can taste the sun on your tongue! A dreamlike variant of the cold tomato soup with tomato cubes, chili, lime, avocado, sheep cheese and corn chips.
3. Recipe cold Tomato SoupYou can find my recipe for the cold tomato soup made from fresh tomatoes below. You can refine the recipe individually with Worcestershiresauce or soy sauce. Please use the comment function at the bottom of this page to send questions and comments about the recipe! I’d love it if you’d cook that tomato soup yourself.
Cold Tomato Soup
Recipe for cold tomato soup from fresh tomatoes or canned tomatoes or strained tomatoes. Kochwiki as a kitchen story with many chef tips from Thomas Sixt.
|500||g||tomatoes (or canned tomatoes or strained tomatoes)|
|1||Stück||garlic (or young, green garlic)|
|20||ml||dry white wine (or Prosecco)|
Carve the tomatoes crosswise with a sharp knife, then blanch in boiling water for about 25-30 seconds. Quickly cool the tomatoes in ice water and peel. Fillet two tomatoes and cut the flesh into small cubes. Prepare the tomato cubes as an inlay for the cold tomato soup.
Cut the remaining blanched and peeled tomatoes into quarters and place in a bowl, mix with olive oil, salt, pepper, sugar, some cayenne pepper, finely chopped garlic and white wine coarsely with a hand blender and chill.
Cut avocado pulp into cubes, dice sheep’s cheese, place corn chips in bowls, cut basil into fine strips.
Arrange the cold tomato soup in soup bowls, serve with the halved lime and the side dishes.
4. Calories (kcal.) cold Tomato Soup. Nutrition Infos
5. Other Recipes for Tomato Soup
Italian Tomato Soup made from braised Tomatoes, the secret Recipe from Italy
Tomato Soup made from fresh Tomatoes with Pesto and Monkfish or Tofu
Prepare the tomato soup with strained canned tomatoes