Prepare chilled, cold Cucumber Soup Recipe with Salmon Tartare or Avocado Tartare
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Preparation Tips for the chilled Cucumber SoupFirst of all here are some tips to make sure that the cold cucumber soup works well in your kitchen….
- Store the cucumbers overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the cucumber soup 3 hours before serving.
- Fill the finely mixed cucumber soup into a glass or in a water bottle and put it in the fridge.
- Put the cucumber soup on ice or put it in the freezer/freezer for 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Passing (sieving) the cucumber soup is a matter of taste, you can try both.
- Small cut cucumber cubes without seeds you can add as a filling in the cold soup.
- Taste the cucumber soup additionally with cayenne pepper.
- You can also prepare the cucumber soup with yoghurt, buttermilk, crème fraîche or soy cream.
- You can add fresh or dried dill to the cucumber soup.
- Try instead of raspberry vinegar a white wine vinegar or lemon juice.
2. Recipe cold, chilled Cucumber SoupHere is my recipe: The soup is wonderfully piquant and refreshing on the palate. I wish you good luck and a good appetite!
Cold Cucumber Soup Recipe
Chilled cucumber soup with salmon tartare or avocado tartare as a vegan or vegetarian alternative. Recipe for iced and cold served cucumber soup, cucumber cold bowl for easy cooking.
Cucumber soup cold, cucumber soup as cold dish
|2||pc||cucumber (well chilled)|
|1/2||pc||glove of garlic|
|4||pinches||Salt (guide value)|
|4||pinches||white pepper (guide value)|
|5||g||dill (I like to use fresh dill finely chopped)|
Avocado Tatar for Vegan Variation
|10||g||lemon juice (I also like to use lime juice)|
Prepare cold cucumber soup
Preheat the oven to 220°C (hot air). Peel and chop the cucumbers and garlic. Mix the cucumbers in a tall container with a hand blender. Add cream, garlic cubes and raspberry vinegar and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Put the cucumber soup in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile cut diamonds from 2 layers of strudel dough. Grease the baking tray with the oil and place the diamonds on top. Bake the strudel dough sheets in the oven for 8-10 minutes until crispy brown. Then place on kitchen paper.
Prepare salmon tartare
In the meantime, squeeze out the lemon, dice the salmon and mix with the herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Finally add the sunflower oil.
Arrange the salmon tartare in small bowls, alternating carefully between the salmon tartare and a strudel leaf. Arrange the very cold soup in deep plates and serve with the salmon tartare.
Prepare avocado tartare
Halve the avocado and remove the core. Finely dice the avocado and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. If the avocado is very soft, you can prepare an avocado puree: Finely crush the avocado pulp with a fork and season to taste. Then arrange the avocado puree between the strudel dough sheets with a dressing bag and serve with the cold, iced cucumber soup.