OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Hohoho, here comes my Christmas Cookies recipe and it’s not as heavy as Santa’s sack!
The cookies are an evergreen of Christmas baking, just succeed and you can heat up the oven even at the last minute.
Christmassy scents then run through the house… Butter, cinnamon, lemon, vanilla, chocolate, now Christmas can come.
The classic Christmas cookies taste best when prepared with shortcrust pastry.
Does Santa Claus knock on the door? Hurry up with the baking, you don’t want to send him away without cookies! 🙂
Here are my step-by-step instructions. I wish you a lot of fun in your Christmas bakery and good luck!
1. Baking classic Christmas Cookies yourself, the most important Tips
Most cookie baking recipes come from my grandmother, I got my tips directly from Santa Claus and should bring them diligently among the people.
After all, Santa Claus wants to make people big and small happy. Please share the recipe, we are happy and the heavenly blessing has been given!
- To bake, please put on a Santa hat, the cookies will then be demonstrably better!
- Be sure to get an untreated organic lemon.
- Get the best organic butter and keep it cold.
- Buy organic farmers eggs, you need an egg with 50 g that corresponds to the size S/under 53 g.
- Get real Himalayan salt, this will make the biscuits more digestible.
- Finely grind powdered sugar from brown raw cane sugar yourself.
- Bake shortcrust pastry biscuits in the classic way on top and bottom heat.
- For decoration, mix icing sugar with vanilla sugar or provide chocolate or lemon juice.
- Prepare the ingredients and baking trays with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour freshly just before preparing the dough.
- If children are to be given presents, please make sure you have various cookie cutters available.
- Place the biscuits on baking paper, bake and allow to cool.
Vanilla pod, or the vanilla marrow is exceptionally not used, Santa Claus has clearly whispered that to me. He wants to have the vanilla pulp in the vanilla crescents, which you can also bake!
Please make sure you cut out star-shaped cookies, Santa likes them best.
Next, let’s look at the decoration of biscuits…
The following table shows some ideas, if you can think of other deco variants please write a comment directly at the end of the page, I’d be happy to add!
|Without decoration||Leave the biscuits without decoration after baking.|
|Lemon glaze / sugar glaze||mix a little lemon juice with icing sugar and spread on the mixture|
|egg yolk||Coat biscuits with egg yolk before baking|
|coloured glaze||Paint biscuits with food colours.|
|sugar sprinkles||Decorate the biscuits with sugar icing and sugar sprinkles.|
|gold dust||Decorate the biscuits with sugar icing and gold jam.|
|chocolate icing||Dip or brush the biscuits in liquid chocolate.|
3. Christmas Cookies Recipe
But now quickly to the bakery, I wish you good luck!
- 250 g flour I use gluten-free flour!
- 125 g Butter I use cold butter, for vegan variant margarine
- 80 g powdered sugar
- 2 pc vanilla sugar
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 pc lemon I use the abrasion of an organic lemon
- 1 pc egg approx. 50 g Size S
- 25 ml lemon juice
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 100 g chocolate I use dark chocolate.
- 10 g Butter or coconut fat
- Place the ingredients for the shortcrust pastry in a bowl, chop the butter into small pieces and add to the mixture, kneading quickly. Add the egg at the end. It is best to use the kneading hooks from the hand mixer.
- Place the shortcrust pastry on cling film and wrap it up. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Professionals prepare the dough the day before and let it rest in the fridge for one night.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll it out 4 mm thick.
- Cut out round cookies.
- Think of Santa Claus and cut out stars in different sizes.
- Place the biscuits on a baking tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Bake the cookies in the oven at 200° C for approx. 8 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces.
- Melt the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl over the water bath at low temperature and stir in the butter or coconut fat. The cooled cookies either brush or carefully dip and let cool.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice and mix with the icing sugar. Brush the cookies with the lemon glaze and let them set.
- You can store the cookies wonderfully in a cookie jar in a cool place. Place a piece of paper between the biscuit layers.
Cover the biscuits with lemon glaze, then sprinkle with sugar sprinkles, as well as gold dust. Decorate with food colours:
If desired, paint the biscuits with standard food colours and let them dry. This is a nice idea for the children's bakery!
4. Calories and Nutritional Values
5. Further RecommendationsOat Biscuits
OTHER LANGUAGES: German