OTHER LANGUAGES: German
The recipe Chicken with Vegetables I show you in this post. Let yourself be seduced to a simple and particularly tasty dish and enjoy it without a guilty conscience.
Lunch, dinner or holiday dinner? This chicken dish has potential for your top ten most popular low carb dishes.
No question remains unanswered here! Breast, leg or wing, you can prepare this dish in wonderful variations and I have also added a vegan variation.
Vegetarian is simply good, discover here additionally the suggestion for cooking without animals.
Let’s go into the kitchen, it’s going really fast today and we’ll do it step by step together.
1. Ingredients and Shopping tips at a glance!
You can prepare this dish very easily in variations. The following table gives a quick overview:
|Hähnchenbust bzw. Bio-Maishähnchenbrust||Feinschmecker|
The vegetable ingredients: broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, celery and carrots
Spices and sauce ingredients: butter, thyme, salt, pepper, olive oil, dry white wine, vegetable broth
Now let’s take a look at the important aspects of preparation, after all you want to shine in your kitchen and spoil your loved ones properly!
2. This is how the preparation goes wonderfully
Please note the following tips, it is not only about this dish, I would like to give you some basic ideas. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the page.
- The veggie variation with tofu: Fry it in the pan and glaze it with soy sauce, we do that at the end! Meat eaters regularly confuse this tofu with smoked bacon…
- With this dish, the veggie variant is your wild card, the preparation takes only 4 minutes!
- The mushrooms, in our case mushrooms, always tolerate roasting, so please fry them. This creates a fantastic taste that makes every bag of sauce overflowing! Just a moment…
- We fry the chicken pieces first in this dish, which is how these wonderful roast aromas are created.
- For this you use a hot pan with little oil. Always start with the skin side!
- Add the mushrooms after the first turn and fry them. Let all the ingredients take colour, deglaze with white wine and broth, add thyme and butter, continue cooking in the oven. This is how you make your homemade sauce!
- When cooking vegetables, please remember the different cooking times. My trick: Cut vegetables thicker or thinner “according to type”, so you can still steam the vegetables in a pot in one step!
- Pour the sauce 3 times over the chicken pieces in the oven during the following 35 minutes of cooking time to improve their taste. After the last pouring, add a little salt to the skin and finally let the chicken pieces fry crispy for at least 10 minutes.
Discovered all tips? Give yourself a few minutes and then get to work. Here are the instructions for your kitchen…
3. Chicken with vegetables Recipe
- 2 piece Chicken breasts Optional 185 g smoked tofu
- 10 Stück Mushrooms
- Salt I use Ursalz!
- Pepper I use black pepper
- some Olive oil
- 80 ml White wine, dry
- 250 ml Vegetable broth
- 40 g Butter
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 pc Carrot
- 1 pc Broccoli
- 4 Bars Celery
- 1 pc Courgette
- some Chili
- 1 tbs Butter
- 4 pinches Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven at hot air stage 185°C.
- Wash the chicken breasts and dry them with kitchen paper.
- Cut the mushrooms in half or in quarters depending on their size.
- Heat a large pan and let some olive oil run in.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them in the hot pan. Fry on one side and let the colour take.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté. Turn the meat, deglaze with white wine and broth, add butter and thyme. Put the pan without lid in the oven.
- Pour the sauce over the meat several times during the 35 minutes cooking time.
- Carefully add salt to the chicken pieces about 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into 1 mm thin, diagonal slices. Place the carrot slices in a wide pot.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, make a cross-shaped incision in the stalk and place with the carrots.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini, halve lengthwise, cut out the core and cut into 5 mm pieces.
- Cut the celery into 5 mm thick pieces, place the zucchini and celery in the pot.
- Season the vegetables with salt, pour boiling water over them and cook for 8-10 minutes at high heat with lid until firm to the bite.
- Carefully pour off the vegetables, foam the butter in the pot and season with salt, pepper, chilli and nutmeg. Put the vegetables in the pot and prepare them for serving.
- Heat the plate and prepare.
- Remove the pan from the oven, arrange the vegetables, cut the meat into diagonal slices and place on the plate. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and place on the plate.
- Bon appetit!
4. Calories (kcal) and Nutritional values to this Dish
5. More Ideas for your KitchenChicken Legs in Oven Low Carb
Roast chicken with pepper marinade
Prepare baking chicken and baking chicken step by step
Roast chicken with cola marinade
Recipe chicken oriental
Prepare chicken in the pan
Chicken curry recipe with cooking video
Chicken with lemon
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Chicken Recipes
- Current and New Recipes
- French Recipes
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Main Courses Recipes
- Quick Meals
OTHER LANGUAGES: German