OTHER LANGUAGES: German
The chicken skewers recipe with tomato rice I show you in this post. The chicken skewers with vegetables are wonderfully colourful. This time I serve the skewers on tomato rice and show a summery variation with less meat.
When preparing the chicken skewers with vegetables some vegetables fall off, we use this immediately for the preparation of the tomato rice. That’s cooking for smart people!
I wish you good luck and a good appetite!
1. Shopping list Chicken Skewers on Tomato Rice
For the chicken skewers you need the following ingredients…
- Wooden skewers
- chicken breast
- Red peppers
- Yellow peppers
- Basmati rice
- canned tomatoes
- salt, pepper, sugar
- olive oil
You can find the exact quantities of the ingredients below in the recipe chicken skewers…
2. Prepare Chicken Skewers two Variations at a Glance
You can make chicken skewers in two ways. First, put the meat and vegetables raw on the skewers and then fry them, or cook the ingredients for the skewers first and then put them on the wooden skewer.
2.1 Putting the Chicken Skewers in the Skewer Raw
Place pieces of pepper, zucchini slices and chicken on the skewers. Place the skewers in cold water for 30 minutes, then the skewers will withstand the heat better. Fry the skewers in a frying pan at high heat and serve directly. Cut the rest of the vegetables into small pieces and add them to the tomato rice.
2.2 Put Chicken Skewers cooked in the Pan
This is my preferred variation, because the ingredients are cooked so perfectly on the skewer.
To do this, fry the vegetable pieces over a high heat and remove them from the pan quickly.
Fry the meat briefly on all sides at high heat. Put the skewers later with the cooked ingredients and heat in the oven at 150°C for 5-8 minutes.
Cut the remaining vegetables into small pieces and add to the tomato rice. I also like to brush the skewers with a freshly prepared rosemary/garlic oil. It tastes great.
3. Garnish to the Chicken Skewers
Suitable as side dishes:
French fries and fried potatoes, any leaf salad, CousCous, Bulgur, Polenta, for me personally the Basmati tomato rice tastes best with the chicken skewers.
4. Recipe Chicken Skewers
Following my recipe for the skewers with chicken and Basmati tomato rice. I wish you all the best. Write me gladly a comment…
- 150 g chicken breasts
- 1 pc yellow paprika pepper
- 1 pc big onion
- 1 pc red paprika pepper
- 1/2 pc Zucchini
- 2 pc wooden skewers
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp brown can sugar I like to use brown raw cane sugar
- 1 Stück clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin tomatoes I like to use chunky tomatoes.
- 120 g basmati rice
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 pinches pepper
- 4 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 15 g Butter
- 1 pc clove of garlic
- 1 pc rosemary
- 1/2 pc lemon I'm just using the lemon wear.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the chicken breast without skin into strips, cut the peppers into pieces, remove the seeds and cut into 1 cm squares. Peel onion, cut root, halve and cut lengthwise and crosswise. Use the most beautiful pieces of onion for the skewers. Slice the courgettes at an angle.
- Fry the vegetables and meat one after the other over high heat in a pan for 1-2 minutes and place on a plate. After cooling, place the chicken skewers in the pan and place in an oven dish. Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Cut the remaining vegetables into small pieces and fry briefly in a pan. Prepare the vegetables for the tomato rice. Season the vegetables with salt, pepper, some sugar and cayenne pepper.
- For the tomato rice, caramelise the peeled garlic clove in a pot with the sugar for 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool slightly. Place the tomatoes and rice in the pot, add the rice, bring to the boil and simmer lightly without a lid. AFTER add a little water or vegetable stock.
- Process garlic, finely chopped rosemary needles, lemon grater and olive oil in a mortar to make rosemary oil.
- Spread the prepared rosemary oil on the chicken skewers and bake in the oven. The chicken skewers can cook to the point. This takes about 6-8 minutes with the oven preheated.
- Before serving, place the prepared vegetables under the cooked rice until al dente. Season the rice with a little butter, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and serve. Add the chicken skewers and serve decorated with thyme. Enjoy your meal!
5. Calorie Chicken Skewers with Tomato Rice
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Chicken Recipes
- Main Courses Recipes
- Meat Recipes
- Mediterranean Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German