Today I will show you my simple recipe for Chicken Roulades. The combination with Mediterranean ingredients brings a delicious and quick dish to the table.
I promise! You can prepare it in less than 45 minutes. Generally serve this dish when guests come. It’s my secret tip when it rains in summer and the barbecue is over.
You will find some tips for the preparation and ideas for the side dish below. I wish you a lot of reading fun now and good luck in the kitchen later. Any more questions? Just write to me using the comment function at the bottom of the page.
1. Ideas for your shopping
Poultry roulades can be prepared with different types of meat and you can shop according to the situation and offers. Recommendable are:
- Corn Chicken Breast
- Organic chicken breast
- Guinea fowl breast
As an alternative to chicken you can use turkey schnitzel, but that would be a real off-topic :-). You could also use clubs, but unfortunately the triggering of the clubs is much more kitchen work than handling breasts!
Use guinea fowl breasts for this dish, the taste is simply stunning.Recommends you cook Thomas Sixt
2. Think of the filling
I like the filling to be simple and authentic. I honestly don’t like that cream cheese thing. I’d love a chicken farce for the stuffing. But if it’s your first time making it, I’d rather stand next to you in the kitchen. Honestly, even cooks fail at that and I want to spare you the mishap.
Therefore, today there is a simple and successful filling and this consists of ever:
- a slice of ham or bacon
- dried tomatoes, chopped olives and pine nuts
- Parmesan or Pecorino
You can also leave the cheese out of the filling and put it on the plate later, decoratively and for the final taste kick. I leave that to you and your intuition.
Ham is the better choice here for the filling of the poultry roulade. Heavily smoked bacon would cover the taste of the poultry too much.Means chef Thomas Sixt
3. Side Dishes
Which side dishes go with it? Here are my suggestions:
- Gnocchi home made or exceptionally from the package 🙂
- Baked potatoes with rosemary
- Roasted asparagus
- Oven vegetables
My favourite side dish for this dish is polenta in creamy form as polentina.Recommendation from cook Thomas Sixt
Recipe chicken roulades
Today we are quick and can already go into the kitchen. When cooking with poultry, please pay special attention to cleanliness. Please always clean boards and knives immediately so that no salmonella gets into the food. The wood cutting board cleaning I’ll show you in an extra post.!
- 2 pc chicken breasts I prefer to use breast of guinea fowl
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 4 slices bacon
- 40 g dried tomatoes preserved in oil
- 4 tsp pine nuts
- 8 pc olivs
- 40 g parmesan
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 4 pinches chili
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 1 pc clove of garlic
- 125 g polenta
- 15 g butter
- salt I use primal salt or Himalayan salt
- Wash the chicken breasts and pat them dry, peel off the skin and cut the breasts in half crosswise with a butterfly cut. Place the slices of meat between cling film and tap gently.
- Wash and drain the basil. Drain the tomatoes on a sieve and chop them finely with the stoneless olives. Slice the parmesan into long, wide strips. Put the pine nuts in a pan and roast them.
- Gently season the tapped meat slices with salt and pepper. Place the bacon slices on top. Place the plucked basil, chopped tomatoes, pine nuts and parmesan in the middle. Fold in the sides of the meat slices and roll up. Then tie with a roasting string or fix with toothpicks.
- Fry the roulades in olive oil on both sides and let them steam gently in their own juice for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Bring the vegetable stock with halved garlic to the boil. Season the broth with salt and pepper and mix with a hand blender. Let the stock boil for another 2 minutes, then stir in the polenta and put it next to the stove with butter refined for serving.
- Heat plates in the oven or microwave to 80°C. Remove roasting string or toothpicks from the poultry roulades and cut open at an angle. Arrange on the warmed plates and pour the gravy over them. Add the polentina and serve decorated with parmesan and basil.