OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I show you my Cherry Cake recipe. I bake this sure-fire cake preferably in small moulds. With me every guest gets his own cake on the table! It’s a pleasure, please try it out…
You can serve the Tarte wonderfully as dessert or with coffee in the afternoon. Tastes great for any occasion, I promise!
For an ingenious baking experience you will find many step-by-step photos as accompanying instructions.
I wish you all the best!
1. How to prepare easy Shortcrust Pastry
We’ll start with the shortcrust pastry. The cake base may get a great aroma so I add to the classic recipe with flour, egg, sugar, vanilla aroma, lemon grater and a pinch of salt.
You are welcome to replace the vanilla flavour with a vanilla pod. Cut the flattened vanilla pod once lengthwise and scrape the pulp out of the pod.
Pour the marrow into the cake dough and soak the pod in sugar. After a few days, the homemade vanilla sugar is ready!
1.1 Blind Baking of Cake Base
Ever heard of blind baking? But you don’t bind your eyes when baking 🙂
To bake the tart bottoms you need dried legumes, which are easily available dried peas or beans, in addition to the ingredients already mentioned.
The raw dough in the tin gets the peas to bake. That is not prince on the pea but cake and pea…
So the cake dough does not rise too strongly during the subsequent baking.
This is called blind baking.
If you have read up to here and now you think… Hey Thomas, great recipe, everything sounds awesome, but I still don’t do it because it’s too much effort for me…
Then I have for you to run warm a simple and fast Cherry-pie Recipe with Puff Pastry. Preparation time less than 30 minutes!
Please take a look…
2. Prepare Filling for Cherry Cake!
The cake pans are baked with the shortcrust pastry, now we want to take care of the filling…
The filling is similar to the cheesecake filling:
Besides curd I add cream cheese. The combination prepares a tender nest for the cherries. That’s what it’s all about: cake filling and base create a harmonious whole.
So that we don’t lose the overview, we now have the overview of the cake ingredients…
- Shortcrust dough in the small forms baked blind with peas
- Filling cream with curd cheese and cream cheese
- Fresh cherries or cherries from the glass
How to use cooked cherries from the glass for the cherry pie:
The cherries are already cooked and therefore very soft. That’s why I don’t bake the cherries from the glass.
Here’s my tip:
Strain the cherries onto a sieve and collect the juice in a pot. Reduce the cherry juice very much, let it cool lukewarm, then marinate the cherries in it.
Add whole, very little balsamic vinegar to the cherries… place the prepared cherries with boiled cherry ice cream on the cake filling…. WOW please try it, it tastes fantastic!
Morello cherries are sour cherries, they taste delicious on the cake!
How to use fresh cherries…
Just wash the fresh cherries, pit them and cut them in half. Place the halved cherries in the cake filling.
Alternatively, boil the cherries briefly with sugar and rum and a little water. Then remove the cherries and reduce the juice. Marinate the cherries shortly before serving in the reduced cherry juice (cherry ice cream) and place on the baked cake.
3. Recipe Cherry Cake
For the bakery here follows the photo recipe. For questions you can reach me via the comment function at the bottom of the page.
- 125 g flour fine sieve
- 2 tbsp icing sugar fine sieve
- 1 pinches salt I use Himalaya salt
- 75 g Butter room-warm
- 1 pc egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanillearoma
- 1-2 tsp Lemon abrasion an organic lemon
- 200 g dried peas or dried beans to weigh down the shortcrust pastry during baking
- 3 pc eggs
- 2 pc egg yolk
- 160 g fine brown sugar
- 100 ml cream
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 1 tsp Lemon abrasion an organic lemon
- 125 g curd cheese
- 125 g cream cheese
- 1 tsp Vanillearoma Alternatively, I like to use the pulp of a vanilla pod.
- 1 pinches mace
- 250 g cherries
- some mint
- some icing sugar
- Sieve the flour and the icing sugar freshly into a bowl. I used a gluten-free flour. Form a hollow in the middle.
- Pour the egg yolk into the bowl, add the warm butter and a pinch of salt, vanilla aroma and lemon dust. Mix the ingredients with your hands. Start in the trough and gradually work your way out.
- Knead the dough well and form a ball. Wrap the shortcrust pastry ball in plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven stage hot air at 200° C.Coat several small moulds or a large cake mould with soft butter.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry between two layers of cling film or baking paper to a thickness of approx. 3 mm.
- Put the dough into the mould: For example, cut out round, then insert and complete the sides.
- Remove the dough residues at the edge. Cover the dough with baking paper and weigh down with dry peas or beans and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the baked shortcrust pastry cake bases cool in the cake tin. Remove the peas as soon as possible.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150° C. The filling needs less heat for baking and the already baked dough does not tolerate the high heat!Put the eggs, egg yolk and sugar, cream, lemon juice and lemon grater in a bowl and mix.
- Drain the curd and cream cheese on a sieve, then add to the mixture and season with mace and vanilla flavour. Stir the mixture with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the shortcrust pastry moulds. I filled up to 5 mm below the edge of the dough.
- Wash the cherries and remove the pits.
- Use a cherry pitter to remove the cherry stones.
- Cut the cherries in half and place in the cake mixture with the cut face down.
- Place the cherry cake in the oven with a topping.
- Bake the cake for approx. 40-50 minutes until the filling has stopped. Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to taste. Now arrange nicely and serve.
4. Calories (kcal) Cherry Cake, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
5. More Recipe Ideas...with Cherries:
Cherry pie with puff pastry
Simple cherry gratin cakes and pies:
Apricot tart with puff pastry
Apricot cake with shortcrust pastry - Apricot tart french style Remember for Christmas: Tarte recipe from cookie dough
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Baking Recipes
- Cake Recipes
- Cherries Recipes
- Current and New Recipes
- Desserts & Sweets
- French Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German