OTHER LANGUAGES: German
A fast Cherry Pie Recipe I show you in this post. We all love cherries and fresh the ripe fruits are the best.
I find the following recipe personally ingenious. You can prepare the Cherry Cake/Cherry Pie with fresh cherries or with pickled cherries.
Instead of whipped cream I like to prepare a creamy topping with my cakes. As I use cream cheese, it becomes especially creamy and goes very well with warm cakes.
I wish you success, the cake with cherries is prepared in about 30 minutes, without baking time.
Let it taste you and celebrate the cherry time.
1. Shopping list for the Cherry Pie
You need for the cake with cherries and topping instead of cream the following ingredients…
- Fresh cherries or pickled cherries
- puff pastry
- apricot jam
- cream cheese
- lemon juice
- white couverture
- vanilla sugar
- brown sugar
- icing sugar and pistachio chips
If you only prepare the cake, the preparation time will be shortened. You can also serve the cherry cake with whipped cream. But I ask you to try the topping… it is indescribably delicious….
2. Make your own Cherry Pie quickly without selfmade dough
This cherry cake – cherry pie goes so fast because you use simply bought puff pastry.
Always pay attention when preparing puff pastry:
Puff pastry needs a temperature of 428°F (220°C) at the beginning to bake so that the dough bakes beautifully leafy.
The recipe is absolutely sure of success, saves time and effort, you can spend a lot of time with your favourite!
3. Recipe Cherry Pie
Following my recipe for cherry cake with the exact quantities. Questions about the recipe can be sent to me via the comment function…
- 100 g liquid white chocolate coating
- 150 g iced sugar
- 2 TL lemon juice
- 3 Päckchen vanilla sugar
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 Packung puff pastry
- 100 g almond paste
- 150 g cherrys
- 2 TL brown sugar
- 1 EL Apricot jam
- 1 EL Rum
- etwas iced sugar
- For topping, cut the white couverture into small pieces and melt gently in a saucepan at low temperature. The chocolate should be as warm as lips can get, not hot! Mix the remaining ingredients quickly with a mixer.
- Add the melted white chocolate to the topping and stir quickly. Fill the topping into a piping bag with star-shaped spout and place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven at 220°C / 428°F hot air. Cover one or more baking trays with baking paper. Roll out the puff pastry and cut out circles with a round cutter.
- Prick the puff pastry over the entire surface with a fork so that the dough does not rise too high. Cut out the edges.
- Knead the marzipan briefly with a little icing sugar. Form balls and roll out thinly. Place the marzipan on the centre of the puff pastry, leaving the edges free.
- Wash the cherries quickly and dry them with a cloth. Then stone and halve the cherries. Place the cherry halves on the prepared puff pastry with marzipan.
- Coat the topped, raw cherry cake with apricot rum jam and bake for approx. 12 minutes. After removing from the oven, brush the cherry cake again with apricot-rum jam.
- Arrange the cherry cakes - pies lukewarm, drape the white chocolate cream onto the cakes, serve quickly and enjoy.
4. Calories Cherry Cake, Cherry Pie with topping
5. Other RecipesCherry Gratin - Clafoutis aux Cerises
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Baking Recipes
- Cake Recipes
- Cherries Recipes
- Desserts & Sweets
- French Recipes
- Seasonal Ingredients Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German