Here I show you my recipe for carrot vegetables. It’s easy to prepare delicious carrots as a side dish.
Carrots are indeed a very healthy vegetable. The root vegetable contains the highest amount of carotene of all plants. But vitamin C, potassium and iron are also favourable for a wholesome diet.
The stomach-friendliness of cooked carrots is well known. They are just likeable little fellows 😉
I show you how to prepare it step by step in my cooking video. I wish you good luck and bon appétit!
1. Prepare carrot vegetables fresh, the cooking pro tips…
To make the preparation safe and easy for you, I have made a short summary. This will get your mindset in the direction of the beetroot and is a good preparation aid:
- Buy carrots with or without greens. You can make pesto from the carrot leaves. Important: Separate the carrots from the beetroot as soon as possible, because this keeps the beetroot fresh longer.
- Wash the roots and dry them. Depending on the origin, dried soil may stick to the skin.
- Peel the roots, I like to use a pendulum peeler for this.
- Decide on a type of cut, you can prepare slices, rhombs or tourned beets.
- You need salt, pepper, nutmeg, sugar.
- Butter or ghee is a good choice, you can also use olive oil!
- For the herbs, you can get parsley, lovage and thyme from the garden.
I will discuss special seasoning variations later. Let yourself be inspired or already prepare the classic “glazed carrots”.
The yellow turnip is actually available in the colour yellow, carrots and carrots are more orange in colour.Ingredients Tip from Chef Thomas Sixt
2. Carrot vegetable recipe
When cooking vegetables, preparation is half the battle… Below you will find the exact ingredients and step-by-step instructions with lots of photos.
By the way, you can send me a cooking question directly via the comment function!
- 250 g carrots I use organic carrots
- 2 tbs water
- 15-30 g butter I like to use ghee
- 1/4 tsp salt I use primal salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp sugar I use brown cane sugar
- 4-6 pinches Pepper black, ground
- 4 pinches nutmeg
- 1 tsp thyme I also use parsley or lovage
- Get the ingredients ready, wash and peel the carrots.
- Now decide on a type of cut: vegetable slices cook faster, vegetable loaves stay firm to the bite better, tourned beets look particularly beautiful on the plate. Important: Please cut the vegetables in the same size so that they cook evenly.
- Put the sliced beetroot in the pot, add a little water, butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sugar and cook with the lid on. In the video, I show you the vitamin-preserving preparation in a special pot with temperature measurement on the lid. I cook the vegetables in a temperature range of 90-140°C.
- Depending on the cut, the vegetables will be cooked al dente after 10 minutes. Remove the lid, allow the liquid to boil down briefly and refine with herbs. You can now season your vegetables again with salt, pepper, nutmeg and sugar.
- Arrange the vegetables and serve.
3. Calories and nutritional values carrot vegetables
4. Seasoning variants
You can vary the classic vegetables in many different ways and refine them individually. Here are some tips and ideas:
|Ginger||Add finely chopped at the end and cook briefly.|
|Herbs||Thyme, lovage, parsley, fried crispy basil leaves.|
|Saffron||Add already at the beginning, luxury variant and very fine in taste.|
|Coriander||Use sparingly! Add spice powder at the beginning, fresh herb at the end.|
|Caraway||Sparingly add the cumin seeds that have been pounded in a mortar.|
|Turmeric||Add a little turmeric at the beginning, it has a digestive effect!|
|Fennel seeds||Add the fennel seeds, which have been pounded in a mortar, sparingly.|
|Pomegranate seeds||Add just before serving, a visual kick and super healthy!|
5. What carrot vegetables go with
As a classic side dish, this vegetable goes well with: