I would like to introduce you to my carrot salad here. You can find out how to prepare a variety of carrot salads quickly and easily in this article.
The yellow beetroot is a year-round vegetable. Besides the classic orange carrot, you can also find exciting varieties in dark colours in the supermarket.
Raw vegetable salad is extremely healthy and deserves a place at your table from breakfast to dinner.
Older generations still know the salad as part of the mixed side salad. It was and is served as a healthy addition to almost every dish, whether roast, cutlet or fish.
The beet salad is definitely charming! You can whip up a delicious vegetable in just a few minutes and make not only Bugs Bunny happy!
Cooking success is guaranteed today, because in addition to the instructions, there is a cooking video and a table with more than 12 variations of this delicacy. I wish you good luck and bon appétit!
1. Prepare carrot salad fresh, the cooking pro tips…
Prepare yourself optimally for your carrot cooking event. My summary of the cooking steps will help you to do this:
- Buy carrots as intact as possible.
- Carrots with greens should only be fresh and if you are making carrot green pesto.
- Remove the green immediately, it draws nutrients from the carrot!
- If available, you can also buy carrots of a different colour.
- Be sure to wash the beetroots thoroughly and dry them.
- Decide on the type of cut: I like to mix finely grated and coarsely grated.
- You need lemon juice, salt, pepper, sugar, optional cayenne pepper.
- I also like mint: fresh mint or mint from a tea bag.
- You can add orange juice or vinegar and optional yoghurt.
I will discuss other ingredient variants later in a table.
Be sure to supplement with a cold-pressed oil, only the oil enables the absorption of the valuable carrot nutrients!Nutrition tip from chef Thomas Sixt
The firmer and fresher the beet, the better and richer in vitamins the carrot salad will be!Shopping tip from chef Thomas Sixt
2. Recipe carrot salad
Below you will find the exact ingredients and step by step instructions with lots of photos.
By the way, you can send me a cooking question directly via the comment function!
- 2-4 pc carrots I use organic vegetables
- 1 pc lemon I use organic lemon
- 4 pinches salt I use primal salt or Himalayan salt
- 3 pinches pepper black, ground
- 1/4 tsp sugar I use brown cane sugar
- 2 pinches Cayenne pepper I use optional
- 5 twigs mint
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 4-5 pc walnut kernels
- 1 tbs pomegranate seeds I use optional
- Prepare the ingredients, wash the carrots and dry them.
- Roll the lemon by hand until soft, cut in half and squeeze out the juice.
- Decide on a variant for grating the carrots: Finely grated, coarsely grated or shaved into fine sticks.
- Pluck off the mint, fold the leaves over each other and chop finely.
- Season the lemon juice with salt, pepper, sugar and cayenne pepper and add to the carrots with the oil. Add the mint and marinate the salad. Optionally, chop the walnut kernels and decorate the salad.
- After 5 minutes, season the salad again, arrange and serve. Enjoy your meal!
3. Calories and nutritional values
4. Ideas for +12 Variations Carrot Salad
You can vary the classic raw vegetable salad in many different ways and refine it individually. Here you will find some tips and ideas:
|Vinegar||White wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar|
|Fruit juice||Pomegranate juice, orange juice, lemon juice, beer juice|
|Dairy products||Yoghurt, sour cream, soy yoghurt, soy cream|
|Oil||Walnut oil, olive oil, linseed oil, other cold-pressed oils|
|Fresh fruit||Orange fillets, grated apple or pear, figs|
|Vegetables||Fennel, celery, courgette, cucumber|
|Nuts & seeds||Cashews, peanuts, walnuts, pine nuts|
|Dried fruit||Goji berries, sultanas, figs, dates|
5. What carrot salad goes with
The raw vegetable salad was and is a classic side salad. We even know it as an accompaniment to Viennese schnitzel, at the salad buffet in general and it has even become established at the breakfast buffet…