OTHER LANGUAGES: German
In this article I would like to introduce you to my extraordinary Carrot Greens Pesto recipe. Holistic cooking without leftovers, this is how ecology works today.
The origin of my pesto idea came from the consideration not to dispose the beautiful green of the carrot, but to conjure something great out of it. After all, every rabbit likes this herb and it is just as tasty and digestible for humans.
So I made the green into a pesto that can be served with cold as well as warm dishes.
I have to say that it surprised me very much: the fine and unique taste is more than convincing, just enough to make you fall in love!
So, full carrot power ahead. I wish you good luck!
1. Pesto with Carrot Greens, my Ingredients
Welcome to the creative kitchen 🙂
This is really great, there are no traditional preparations. So you can use your imagination and experiment with the ingredients.
I have chosen these ingredients:
- The fresh green of a bunch of carrots
- Some garlic
- Salt, pepper
- Parmesan or Pecorino
- Olive oil
As a nutty addition you can vary quite a bit: walnuts, almonds, cashew nuts, sunflower seeds.
Garlic yes / no, parmesan yes / no.
As oils work: olive oil, walnut oil, safflower oil or rapeseed oil
2. Pesto from Carrot Greens, Preparation
The preparation with the hand blender is very easy.
- The green is cleaned and finely plucked: we want to avoid hard stems.
- I chop the nuts roughly with a kitchen knife beforehand.
- The cheese is first grated with a cheese grater. Pieces of cheese that are too large cannot be mixed well in oil.
Once the cheese is grated, I put all the ingredients including oil and spices into a blender jug and chop everything up well with a hand blender.
Here is a seasonal cooking tip: In spring you can also prepare wild garlic pesto.
3. Where does a Pesto of Carrot Leaves fit?
Pesto from carrot cabbage goes perfectly with…
- Carrots and other raw vegetables such as kohlrabi and celery sticks
- As a dip for crackers, crispbread or bread chips
- Classic with pasta
- It harmonizes wonderfully with tomato
- Fried or steamed fish has a light note
4. Recipe Carrot Greens Pesto
- 1 bunch carrot greens green from a bunch of carrots
- 60 g parmesan finely ground
- 3 tbs walnut kernels
- 1/2 pc clove of garlic or less
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 pinches pepper
- 125 ml oliv oil
- Remove carrot leaves from the bunch of carrots, rinse under cold water and dab dry. Pluck the cabbage from the stalks.
- Prepare all ingredients. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese or pecorino with the cheese grater.
- Chop the walnuts roughly with a knife.
- Put carrot green, grated cheese, chopped walnuts, salt, pepper in the blender jug.
- Add some finely chopped garlic.
- Put the olive oil in the blender jug. Chop all the ingredients in the blender jug with a hand blender. Season the pesto to taste.
- Serve the pesto with raw vegetables, bread or hot food. Bon appetit!
5. Calories (kcal) and Nutritional Values
6. Other Pesto and Dip RecipesBasil Pesto alla Genovese
Wild Garlic Pesto
Barbecue sauces for your next barbecue evening, 5 cold sauces
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Barbecue Recipes
- Current and New Recipes
- Pasta & Noodles Recipes
- Sauces and Broths Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German