Carrot Greens Pesto Recipe, the Herb of the Carrot delicious and ingenious
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Pesto with Carrot Greens, my IngredientsWelcome to the creative kitchen 🙂 This is really great, there are no traditional preparations. So you can use your imagination and experiment with the ingredients. I have chosen these ingredients:
- The fresh green of a bunch of carrots
- Some garlic
- Salt, pepper
- Parmesan or Pecorino
- Olive oil
2. Pesto from Carrot Greens, PreparationThe preparation with the hand blender is very easy.
- The green is cleaned and finely plucked: we want to avoid hard stems.
- I chop the nuts roughly with a kitchen knife beforehand.
- The cheese is first grated with a cheese grater. Pieces of cheese that are too large cannot be mixed well in oil.
3. Where does a Pesto of Carrot Leaves fit?The carrot green pesto with walnuts is wonderful to dip and eat with carrot sticks. Pesto from carrot cabbage goes perfectly with…
- Carrots and other raw vegetables such as kohlrabi and celery sticks
- As a dip for crackers, crispbread or bread chips
- Classic with pasta
- It harmonizes wonderfully with tomato
- Fried or steamed fish has a light note
4. Recipe Carrot Greens Pesto
Carrot Greens Pesto Recipe
Carrot greens pesto recipe by Thomas Sixt. Prepare carrot green pesto yourself step by step.
|1||bunch||carrot greens (green from a bunch of carrots)|
|60||g||parmesan (finely ground)|
|1/2||pc||clove of garlic (or less)|
Remove carrot leaves from the bunch of carrots, rinse under cold water and dab dry. Pluck the cabbage from the stalks.
Prepare all ingredients. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese or pecorino with the cheese grater.
Chop the walnuts roughly with a knife.
Put carrot green, grated cheese, chopped walnuts, salt, pepper in the blender jug.
Add some finely chopped garlic.
Put the olive oil in the blender jug. Chop all the ingredients in the blender jug with a hand blender. Season the pesto to taste.
Serve the pesto with raw vegetables, bread or hot food. Bon appetit!