I would like to share my recipe for Brussels sprouts with you here. Nutty Brussels sprouts prepared quickly and easily.
Cabbage sprouts are particularly popular in autumn and winter. The supermarket also offers this vegetable beyond these seasons. That’s good, because I always like Brussels sprouts!
Cabbage sprouts go excellently with game dishes but also with other meat and fish. As the flavour of the cabbage buds is aromatically strong, the cabbage also works wonderfully in purely vegetarian combinations.
So that you can be sure of cooking success in your kitchen, I will show you the preparation step by step with a cooking video. I wish you good luck and bon appétit!
1. Prepare Brussels Sprouts fresh, the Cooking Pro Tips…
Prepare yourself optimally for your Brussels sprouts cooking event. My summary of the cooking steps will help you to do this:
- Buy cabbage sprouts that are as intact as possible.
- Look for a rich green colour and few yellow spots.
- Wash the sprouts thoroughly and dry them.
- Decide whether to prepare them whole, leafy or halved.
- You will need salt, pepper, sugar, optional nutmeg.
- Butter or ghee is a good choice, you can also use olive oil!
I will discuss seasoning variations later in a table.
The faster the cabbage gets from the field to the plate, the fresher it tastes.Shopping tip from chef Thomas Sixt
2. Brussels sprouts recipe
Below you will find the exact ingredients and step by step instructions with lots of photos.
By the way, you can send me a cooking question directly via the comment function!
- 250 g Brussels sprouts I use organic vegetables
- 1-2 tsp salt I use primal salt or Himalayan salt
- 80 g ground almonds
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 30 g butter I like to use ghee
- 3 pinches sugar I use brown cane sugar
- 4-6 pinches pepper black, ground
- 4 pinches nutmeg optional
- Prepare the ingredients, wash the Brussels sprouts and dry them.
- Now decide how you would like to serve your cabbage: sprouted cabbage whole, halved or leafy.
- Individual Brussels sprout leaves taste finer and combine better with the other ingredients. Unfortunately, the preparation takes a little longer.
- I opted for halved florets. To do this, cut the cabbage sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Roast the grated almonds in a pan, leave to cool, add the butter and olive oil, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Roll the cooked cabbage sprouts in the almond butter and mix, taste again and season, quickly arrange and serve. Enjoy your meal!
3. Calories and nutritional values
4. Ideas for variations of the preparation
You can vary the classic vegetables in many different ways and refine them individually. Here are some tips and ideas:
|With butter or ghee or olive oil||Try different oil ingredients, this influences the taste.|
|With cream or soy cream||Finish with boiled down cream.|
|Walnuts||Toast the grated walnuts, add butter or olive oil.|
|Almonds||Serve with toasted, grated almonds and butter.|
|Cashews||Add chopped or whole cashews.|
|Pumpkin seeds||Add the roasted pumpkin seeds to the vegetables at the end.|
|Sesame||Sprinkle on at the end, light and dark sesame seeds look and taste great!|
|Turmeric||Gently season with turmeric.|
|Curry||Season exotically with curry, butter and sugar.|
|Red pepper||Sprinkle on a little red pepper.|
5. What Brussels sprouts go with
As a classic side dish, this vegetable goes well with: