Prepare Breaded Mushrooms on a colourful Leaf Salad
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Today I’ll show you my recipe Breaded Mushrooms. The baked mushrooms are a wonderful dish and I serve them with colorful leaf salads and a delicious dip.
The preparation time is about 40 minutes, this mushroom dish is fun and an ideal vegetarian dinner.
You can also serve the crispy mushrooms on lettuce as a starter in a menu and make everyone happy.
I wish you good luck and a good appetite! Write me a comment at the end of the recipe, I’m happy!
Table of Contents
1. Shopping List Breaded Mushrooms
For the dish you need the following ingredients…
- colorful leaf salads
- small tomatoes, radishes and cress as salad ingredients
- olive oil and sunflower oil
- white wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- créme fraiche
- lemon juice
- salt, pepper, sugar
You can find the exact amounts of ingredients below in the recipe breaded mushrooms.You can serve the baked mushrooms as an appetizer. Instead of a colourful lettuce, young spinach or rocket salad also goes well… © Food photographer Thomas Sixt
2. Cook Professional Tips, so that you succeed the Preparation simply
Preparing breaded mushrooms is easy, but here are a few ideas to make it easier for you…
- First take care of the salad and the side dishes. Wash and dry the salad.
- Wash and dry the salad ingredients and cut them as desired.
- Prepare a tomato concassée if you serve this dish as a starter.
- It is best to clean the mushrooms with a knife and not wash them.
- Mix the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Prepare the dip with the baked mushrooms.
- Build up the breading line: flour, eggs, breadcrumbs.
- Cut small mushrooms whole, large mushrooms into slices and then bread them.
- Fry the breaded mushrooms in plenty of oil and place the baked mushrooms in the oven at 140°C hot air.
- Then marinate the salad and arrange the dip, add the mushrooms and enjoy a great dish.
The following three points are important:
- Always marinate the salad dry, otherwise the dressing will not stick to the salad.
- When dressing salads, follow the order: Mix vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper, mustard, then the oil.
- When breading, follow the order: Add the ingredient first to the flour, then through the egg, then bread it with breadcrumbs by gently pressing.
3. Breading without Egg
You can also bread the mushrooms without egg, it works like this:
- Mix the flour with some water…
- Dip the mushrooms…
- Then bread it with breadcrumbs.
I always bake the breaded mushrooms in neutral sunflower oil. I have had the best experience with this.
You can also fry the breaded mushrooms. A temperature of 175°C has proved itself!Variant two… Arrange the lettuce in the middle of a plate. Place the breaded and baked mushrooms with the salad and sprinkle with cress, radishes and tomato cubes. © Food photographer Thomas Sixt
4. Recipe Breaded Mushrooms
Below is the recipe for baked, breaded mushrooms with the exact quantities. Wish you good luck!
Breaded, Baked mushrooms on a colourful Leaf Salad
Simple and colourful recipe for breaded, baked or fried mushrooms by professional chef Thomas Sixt.
Ingredients for the Salad
|100||g||Mixed leaf salad (I also like to use young spinach or rocket salad)|
|2||tbsp||tomato cubes or (See the link in the article preparing tomato concassée )|
|2 - 3||pinch||Salt (I use Himalayan salt or primal salt.)|
Ingredients for the Mushrooms for Breading
|5 - 8||pc||mushrooms or oyster mushrooms|
|150||ml||vegetable oil for baking|
Ingredients for the Salad Dressing
|2||tbsp||white wine vinegar|
Ingredients for the Lemon Mayonnaise Dip
|1 - 2||tbs||lemon juice|
Clean the lettuces, wash twice in cold water. Spin the lettuce dry in a salad spinner and make ready.
Prepare the tomato cubes, see the link to preparing the tomato cubes in the article (tomato concassée) or halve the tomatoes accordingly, cut out the green, season with salt and pepper. Cut the radishes into quarters and salt lightly. Prepare the cress.
Clean the mushrooms with a knife. Place small mushrooms directly on top, cut large mushrooms into 5 mm thick slices. Preheat the oven to 160°C hot air.
Prepare the flour in a bowl. Beat the eggs in a bowl, season to taste with salt, pepper and thyme and whisk with a fork. Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl.
Bread the mushrooms, first turn them in flour, then pull them through the egg, place them in the breadcrumbs and press gently. Place the fried mushrooms on a plate sprinkled with breadcrumbs.
Prepare the salad dressing by mixing all the above ingredients in the order shown. Slowly add the oil at the end, stirring vigorously with a whisk.
Fry the fried mushrooms in a pan with sunflower oil. Place on a baking tray with baking paper, season with salt and place in a preheated oven. If necessary, heat bread in the oven as a side dish.
Mix the ingredients for the dip quickly in a bowl and make ready.
Prepare the plates, marinate the prepared salads and arrange them in the middle of the plates. Add the mushrooms all around and sprinkle the plate and mushrooms with pepper. Add lemon mayonnaise dip, decorate salad with cress, tomatoes and radishes and serve. Enjoy your meal!
Alternatively, serve the baked mushrooms as a starter: Spread the lemon and mayonnaise dip on a large plate. Add the marinated salad. Place the baked mushrooms in the dip and decorate with radish strips and black pepper.
5. Calories and nutritional values
6. Information on a gluten-free diet
Bread the mushrooms with gluten-free flour and gluten-free breadcrumbs
Bread the mushrooms only with starch, egg and chickpea flour