Bean soup cook yourself I show you step by step in this post. The fine soup always succeeds, the preparation takes less than 30 minutes.
Quick home office lunch or dinner with the family, the transition from soup to stew is flowing here. Get ideas for chowder, additions and toppings and enjoy a simple and delicious dish.
Follow me gladly in the kitchen and look over my shoulder during preparation. Have fun and good luck with the re-cooking!
1. Bean soup recipe
Let’s start today directly with the instructions. Below you will find the exact ingredients and step by step photos, plus a cooking video. You can send me questions via the comment function at the bottom of the page. In the further course of the article there are still ideas for the variants by season. Wish you lots of fun and good luck!
- 1 pc Onion
- 1 pc Garlic
- 150 g Root vegetables I use carrot, celery,leek
- 1 pc Zucchini
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 15 g Butter oder Pflanzenöl (vegan)
- 40 ml dry white wine oder Prosecco
- 800 ml Vegetable broth
- 4 pinches salt
- 3 pinches Pepper
- 3 pinches Nutmeg
- 2 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 1 can white beans
- 1 tbs Tomato paste
- some cress
- 60 g Parmesan
- 4 tbs Pesto Basil, carrot greens, wild garlic
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- Prepare ingredients in the kitchen. Put beans from the can on a colander and rinse under running water.
- Peel and finely dice onion and garlic, peel and finely dice carrots, finely dice leeks, optionally finely dice celery.
- Prepare onions and leeks and hard vegetables in a bowl. Finely dice the zucchini and place in a bowl.
- Sauté zucchini cubes in sunflower oil over high heat with color. Transfer the vegetable cubes from the pot into a bowl.
- Sauté the remaining vegetable cubes in the pot with the butter.
- Deglaze vegetables with white wine and broth. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper and bring to the boil. Cook the vegetables until firm to the bite and soft.
- Add the drained beans to the soup and boil once. Add the diced zucchini and tomato paste to the soup and stir.
- Arrange the vegetables with a skimmer in warmed plates. Add the soup with the ladle. Sprinkle a little grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add pesto and cress to the soup and serve quickly drizzled with olive oil – bon appétit!
2. Calories (Kcal) and nutritional values
3. Variations and ideas for bean soup
You can use this soup as a basic recipe and prepare variants in the direction of stew.
Depending on the season and your personal taste, you can add ideas from the table, modify them or refine them individually:
|Various beans||White beans, black-eyed peas, quail beans|
|Pesto by season||Basil pesto, carrot green pesto, wild garlic pesto|
|Herbs variants||Chives, basil, lovage, parsley, thyme|
|Herb chips||Decorate fried parsley leaves or basil leaves on the soup before serving.|
|White truffle oil||Drizzle on real white truffle oil before serving.|
|Nuts and seeds||Add walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds as toppings.|
|Various oils||Drizzle pumpkin seed oil, walnut oil, argan oil, olive oil on the soup before serving.|
|Croutons||Toasted bread cubes with garlic and thyme as topping.|
|Red pepper||Sprinkle on top of the soup.|
|Bacon||Lay or sprinkle bacon strips and cubes on top to finish.|
|Tofu||Fine strips or cubes fried of smoked tofu.|
|Fish and seafood||Salmon cubes, North Sea shrimp, shrimps, sole rolls, poached fish|
|Cheese variants||Add pecorino, parmesan, scamorza grated on top of the soup.|
|Baked cheese||Cut feta cheese into pieces,
bread it, fry it,
put into the soup before serving.
This simple soup can be made quickly with canned beans. Please soak hard beans overnight.Minute Cook Tip from Thomas Sixt
4. Tips for the beans
The beans from the can are better than their reputation! Of course, you are free to use dry beans, a small selection I have photographed you below.
Unfortunately, for spontaneous, quick cooking, the dried beans are not suitable. Honestly, I’m a fan of the canned beans for the quick number.
Always rinse the canned beans in a sieve under cold water. The canned flavor is thus lost and the starch, which makes soup and stew sticky, we prefer to remove before preparation.
I have deliberately omitted the kidney beans here. The typical bean stew we love is Chili con Carne, I show you this rather in the vegetarian version as Chili sin Carne:
When it comes to bean stew, most people immediately think of chili con carne. The white bean stew is more delicate in taste.Stew Tip from Chef Thomas Sixt