My recipe for Grill Sauces – recipe for Barbecue Sauces shows you how to quickly prepare five cold sauces for grilling. As a professional chef, I want to make cooking easier for you and enrich the culinary part of the event.
Discover a fine tomato dip, a basil pesto, a mustard sauce, a herb sauce and a sauce tatar. With a little skill, you can prepare the sauces in less than an hour. The quantities are for about 6 people.
Inspire your loved ones and friends at the next barbecue evening with fresh, homemade cold sauces.
- 1. The better Tomato Ketchup, cold Tomato Dip for Gourmets
- 2. Prepare Pesto as a Barbecue Sauce
- 3. Mustard Sauce or Mustard Dip
- 4. Herb Sauce or Herb Dip
- 5. Prepare Tartar Sauce with Chives and boiled Egg
- 6. Recipe for five cold sauce for Grilling and Barbecue
- 7. Calories 5 barbecue sauces, Nutritional Informations
- 8. Other Recipes for Grilling and Barbecue
1. The better Tomato Ketchup, cold Tomato Dip for Gourmets
For this dip you need 8 large, fleshy, firm tomatoes, basil or parsley, salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil. First put a pot of water on the stove. Lay 4 eggs ready, you will need them for the 5th cold sauce. As soon as the water boils, lay the eggs and set the egg timer to 12 minutes. Carve the tomatoes and blanch for about 25 seconds next to the eggs in the pot. When the skin of the tomatoes comes loose, place the tomatoes in cold, better ice water. Now peel and quarter the tomatoes, cut only the tomato pulp into cubes and place in a bowl. You can then use the ice water to cool the eggs. Place the tomato seeds in an extra cup, which we use for the second dip. Marinate tomato pulp with salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil, fold in freshly cut herbs. Here you can find the pictures how to prepare the tomato cubes:
2. Prepare Pesto as a Barbecue Sauce
You will need two bunches of basil, 60 g grated parmesan and some garlic and 2 tbsp roasted pine nuts. I always have roasted pine nuts in the kitchen drawer because it’s convenient. Add olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix with a hand blender. Pour the basil pesto into a bowl. Here is the Detail recipe for basil pesto…
3. Mustard Sauce or Mustard Dip
In the next step you prepare a cold base sauce, which is used for another 3 cold sauces. Put 400 g sour cream with 400 g crème fraîche in a large bowl, add the juice of one lemon, season with 1 teaspoon salt, 6 pinches pepper and 2 pinches cayenne pepper and two pinches sugar. Mix the sauce and pour into three bowls. Mix in the first bowl 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard and 1 tsp. honey, the cold mustard sauce is ready.
Cold base sauce of sour cream and crème fraîche with Dijon mustard or tarragon mustard and season with a little honey. It makes cold mustard sauce.
4. Herb Sauce or Herb Dip
Mix the second, prepared base sauce with freshly chopped herbs such as parsley, chervil, tarragon, chives, dill or a herb mixture from the freezer. The cold herb sauce is ready!
5. Prepare Tartar Sauce with Chives and boiled Egg
Peel the hard-boiled eggs, separate the egg yolks and whites and chop each extra small. Place eggs in the third, prepared bowl with base sauce, finely chop a bunch of chives, add and mix. Tartar sauce ready!
6. Recipe for five cold sauce for Grilling and Barbecue
Below is the recipe with details of the ingredients. I wish you all the best and look forward to receiving your message via the comment function.
- 8 pc tomatoes blanched, dice only fruit meat, see instructions with picture
- 4 pinches salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 4 pinches brown cane sugar
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1-2 bunch basil fresh
- 1/2 pc garlic finely cut
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 125-150 ml olive oil
- 60 g Parmesan cheese finely grate
- 400 g sour cream
- 400 g Créme Fraîche
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or juice of a whole lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 pinches black pepper
- 2 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 2 pinches brown cane sugar
- 2 tbsp Dijon-mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 2-4 tbsp mixed herbs finely chopped according to market offer sorrel, spinach leaves, cress, chervil, tarragon, parsley
- 4 pc cooked egg Egg yolk and egg white separately extra finely chop
- 1 bunch chives finely cut into small rolls
- Prepare the cold grill sauces according to the instructions in the article one after the other, please note, the eggs must be boiled hard right at the beginning, alternatively buy hard-boiled eggs!
- Deco tips: Herbs, sesame black and light, nuts whole, olive oil or other oil, goji berries, almond flakes, edible flowers such as cornflowers, spices such as turmeric and paprika noble sweet (not with pesto).