OTHER LANGUAGES: German
I’ll show you my recipe for Baked Apples today. Advent, Advent and Santa Claus, the Christ Child is coming soon! Do you also remember the wonderful aroma of the apples that smiled at you from Oma´s Backofen? Cinnamon, marzipan, roasted nuts …. mhhh fantastic …
This article deals with the popular baked apple, which conjures up a fragrant aroma and lots of beautiful memories in our kitchen during the winter season.
Here is the first tip right at the beginning! Which apple variety is best for the baked apple? Use a Gloster, a Boskop or a Berlepsch. You can also achieve a good result with Jonagold and Cox Orange.
Since there are already enough baked apple recipes, I offer you a summary on the subject of baked apples and a recipe from my kitchen with the appropriate suggestions to modify. After all, you don’t cook according to a recipe but according to inspiration and feeling! You want it to go fast? Here you can go to the baked apple step by step instructions with photos or directly to the baked apple recipe…
- 1. The Baked Apple as an optimal Dessert for the Family reunion
- 2. Baked Apple Step by Step prepare, fast readers look here photos!
- 3. How do you prepare the perfect Baked Apple?
- 4. Baked Apple FAQs
- 5. Baked Apple Recipes Ideas
- 6. What do I do with leftover Baked Apple?
- 7. Baked Apple Recipe
- 8. Baked Apple Nutritional Values
- 9. Baked Apple Vegan and Vegan Egg Whites
1. The Baked Apple as an optimal Dessert for the Family reunion
Why baked apple? Because the baked apple is a practical and simple dessert in the Christmas Recipe season. You appeal to all the senses with the apple from the oven and the apple from the Reindl is also still healthy, usually vegetarian, gluten-free and therefore suitable for families. The baked apple has thus made the leap into the modern age: Compatible dessert – natural carbohydrates, fibre and tastes good!
2. Baked Apple Step by Step prepare, fast readers look here photos!
3. How do you prepare the perfect Baked Apple?
The baked apple with kick is quite simple: Think about the most popular desserts… Ok this is chocolate and chocolate mousse, but honestly, the best desserts always have a warm/cold composition!
Warm and cold that creates your dessert kick, think of ice cream with hot raspberries!
Let’s make ice cream anyway, our baked apple! Industrial ice cream on the family dessert, that doesn’t work at all, that’s 80s, Heino and sunglasses, you can do better!
Because: Industrial ice cream contains a lot of unhealthy stuff – that would reduce the life expectancy of the mother-in-law, but it’s not a good signal at Christmas.
That’s why we make a wine froth with the baked apple! It tastes delicious and shows your guests which culinary grandeur you have developed here in the kitchen.
This baked apple recipe makes you shine in the kitchen!
Wine foam also works for children, because we boil the wine beforehand – so we conjure the alcohol away…
4. Baked Apple FAQs
4.1 Baked Apple with Marzipan
I really like the baked apple. I don’t like these marzipan sausages as much, as they are quickly stuffed into the baked apple without love! Don’t you feel the same way? Lauwarm marzipan in one piece tastes like the wintery old marzipan figure that you stuff into you in summer out of pity so that it doesn’t degenerate. Marzipan baked apple stopper does not work at all, right?…
4.2 Baked Apple with Raisins
Avoid raisins and the New Age Superfood variant, the Goji Berries! I’ll tell you why: There are raisin lovers and raisin haters. Raisins arouse rage in various relatives, which always affects the cook. The red wonder berries would be an alternative, I ask you, but not for Christmas!
Do it better #without raisins! Instead, you can better cut dried apricots, dates or figs into small pieces and use them for filling.
4.3 Baked Apple with Butter and Candy Sugar
That’s a nice idea, but where’s the stuffing? Butter and candy sugar melt while cooking the baked apples and at the end you serve an embarrassing baked apple without filling – the black hole stays in space this year 😉
5. Baked Apple Recipes IdeasBaked apple recipes variants as a clear list of chef Thomas Sixt.
|Baked Apple Recipe Name||Ingredients|
|Classic baked apple with marzipan||2 egg whites, 2 pinches salt, 1 tablespoon honey, 3 tablespoons grated almonds, 50 g marzipan with icing sugar finely diced|
|Chocolate baked apple||2 egg whites, 2 pinches salt, 1 tablespoon honey, 3 tablespoons grated almonds, 50 g dark chocolate - chopped or Christmas chocolate from Lindt|
|Baked apple with hazelnuts||2 egg whites, 2 pinches salt, 1 tablespoon honey, 3 tablespoons grated hazelnutsACHTUNG: TANTE MARIA HAT EINE HASELNUSSALLERGIE!|
|Baked apple with speculatius||2 egg whites, 2 pinches salt, 1 tablespoon honey, 3 tablespoons grated almonds, 50 g finely crumbled Speculatius biscuits|
|Nougat baked apple||2 egg whites, 2 pinches salt, 1 tablespoon honey, 3 tablespoons grated almonds, 50 g nougat cut into cubes|
|Spicy baked apple||Baked apple stuffed with blood sausage or liver sausage, heat the sausage mixture in small slices, season with marjoram, salt and pepper, thicken with breadcrumbs!|
|Baked apple Paris||Baked apple stuffed with foie gras, that's outdated, save the geese, nevertheless: marinate foie gras for two days in cocnac and port wine seasoned with macis and gingerbread spice, at best vacumieren, fill the baked pancake with it.|
|Couscous Baked Apples||Bring couscous with finely diced root vegetables (carrots, celery, leek, parsley roots) to the boil in vegetable broth and leave to steep for 10 minutes. Fill the couscous into the hollowed out apples and cook. Serve baked apples with mint and sour cream bonnet and garnished with lamb's lettuce.|
6. What do I do with leftover Baked Apple?
Remaining baked apple is excellent for:
6.1 Baked Apple Sauce
Baked apple with some cream finely mix and with vanilla pudding to a baked apple sauce further process. The baked apple sauce tastes good with winter ice cream and apple strudel or cake.
6.2 Baked Apple Smoothie
Baked apple with a cup of buttermilk, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, finely grated ginger, finely mix and serve decorated with cinnamon and mint.
6.3 Fried Apple Ice Cream
Baked apple with cream mix and in the ice machine to baked apple ice cream process.
6.4 Baked Apple Cake
Prepare a dough for the baked apple cake, mixing the ingredients one by one in a bowl:
- 3 eggs
- 130 g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 130 g butter, melted, lukewarm
- 130 g flour
- 1 pinch salt
Fill the dough into a greased springform pan and put the remaining baked apples cut into pieces into the dough. Bake the baked apple cake at 190°C top/bottom heat for approx. 40 minutes.
How do I see if the baked apple cake is ready?
When the time limit has been reached and the surface of the cake looks nicely baked, you can prick the thickest part of the dough with a wooden stick. If no dough remains stick to the wood when you pull it out, the cake is baked. Otherwise, the cake must remain in the oven a little longer.
7. Baked Apple Recipe
Below you will find my baked apple recipe with exact amounts of ingredients and all my chef tips 🙂 I wish you good luck and look forward to a comment from you!
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 75 g almond paste cut into small cubes with a little icing sugar
- 5 pc dried apricots cubed
- 2 pc egg whites
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tbsp icing sugar Or honey or agave nectar juice
- 4 pc apples Sorts: Gloster, Boskop, Berlepsch, Jonagold, Cox Orange
- 2 pc egg yolk
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 200 ml Prosecco
- 4 pinches cinnamon
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 8 tbsp whipped cream
- 4 pc walnut kernels
- 1-2 tbsp roasted almond flakes
- etwas powdered sugar/ powdered sugar
- etwas cinnamon
- Make available chopped walnuts, finely chopped marzipan and finely diced apricots.
- Beat the egg whites with salt, add the icing sugar and beat until stiff. Fold in the walnuts, marzipan and apricot cubes.
- Preheat oven at 200°C top/bottom heat.
- Cut out the apples and place them on a baking tray with baking paper. Pour the prepared baked apple filling into the apples. Put the prepared baked apples in the oven and set the alarm clock to 25 minutes.
- For the wine froth put all ingredients into the pot and whip at 75 °C. Then beat cold with the whipped cream next to the stove.
- Pierce the baked apples with a wooden skewer. If the apple is easy to prick, the baked apples are ready.
- Arrange the wine foam on the plates, place the baked apple on top, sprinkle with cinnamon and icing sugar, decorate with almond flakes and serve quickly.
- Addition: I always put the walnuts on the apples immediately after filling in the mixture. The walnuts then become relatively dark during cooking. As an alternative I recommend: Caramelise the walnuts with a little sugar in a pan and place the caramelised walnuts on the baked apples before serving.
8. Baked Apple Nutritional Values
9. Baked Apple Vegan and Vegan Egg WhitesFor the vegan baked apple you prepare a vegan egg whites:
9.1 Vegan egg whites made from chickpea waterPreparation time: 10-14 minutes Ingredients vegan egg whites (equivalent to 3-4 egg whites)
- 1 jar/tin chickpeas
- ½ TL guar gum or xanthan gum (serves as thickener is gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (stabilizes the snow)
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- Place the chickpeas on a sieve and collect the water from the chickpeas. It should be about 125 ml. Chickpea water, put briefly cold.
- Add guar gum or xanthan gum and lemon juice to the chickpea water and whip for approx. 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the sugar and continue beating for approx. 3-4 minutes until the tips are really firm.
Process the vegan beaten egg white immediately.
9.2 Wine Foam substitute VeganFor the vegan wine froth, use two cups of vegan vanilla pudding and refine with a little cinnamon.
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Bavarian Cuisine
- Christmas Recipes
- Desserts & Sweets
- Desserts Recipes Christmas
- Top 15 Recipes for Christmas
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German