Bacon Beans Recipe, Beans with Bacon Step by Step prepare
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Beans with bacon, the most important thing at a glance…
- After removing the ends, cook the beans in boiling salted water until al dente and then in ice water.
- The green colour of the bean is retained by the rapid cooling.
- Use a smoked bacon or breakfast bacon. Smoked bacon tastes better to me personally.
- You can cut the bacon more easily into cubes if you put the bacon slices briefly in the freezer.
- Use a white, yellow or red onion for the bacon beans.
- You can cut the onion into cubes or strips.
- First sauté the bacon and fry lightly, then add the onions.
- Add the blanched beans just before serving. Season with salt and pepper and heat.
2. Recipe Bacon BeansBelow you will find step-by-step photo instructions and supplementary tips.
Beans with bacon recipe
Bacon beans recipe with step by step photos and many tips from professional chef Thomas Sixt.
|1||tsp||Salt (I use Himalayan salt)|
|1||pc||red onion (or yellow or white onion)|
|1/2||pc||clove of garlic|
Wash and dry the beans and cut off the ends.
Prepare the beans for blanching. Place a pot of water on top and bring to the boil. Season to taste with salt.
Place the beans in the boiling water and blanch until al dente.
Then cool the cooked beans in cold water. Water with ice cubes is ideal.
Cut the beans into small pieces.
Halve and peel the onion and garlic. Cut the garlic into small pieces.
Finely dice the onion and garlic.
Saute the bacon in the pot and fry until crispy, then add the onion slices and sweat along. Add the garlic and leave to simmer next to the heat.
Add the cooled and drained beans to the bacon and onions.
Next refine with neutral oil or pumpkin seed oil. Try salad and season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
I recommend a high-fat, smoked bacon for the beans. If you use breakfast bacon, fry it longer until crispy.
3. Calories of Bacon Beans, the Nutritional values at a Glance
4. Matching recipes
The butter beans recipe can be found elsewhere!