OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I show you my recipe Bacon Beans. The green beans with bacon are a popular side dish.
What should I bear in mind when preparing them? Which bacon do you use? How do the beans stay green? I’ll answer all these questions here in this article.
These beans go well with many skin dishes with meat. Good luck!
1. Beans with bacon, the most important thing at a glance…
- After removing the ends, cook the beans in boiling salted water until al dente and then in ice water.
- The green colour of the bean is retained by the rapid cooling.
- Use a smoked bacon or breakfast bacon. Smoked bacon tastes better to me personally.
- You can cut the bacon more easily into cubes if you put the bacon slices briefly in the freezer.
- Use a white, yellow or red onion for the bacon beans.
- You can cut the onion into cubes or strips.
- First sauté the bacon and fry lightly, then add the onions.
- Add the blanched beans just before serving. Season with salt and pepper and heat.
2. Recipe Bacon Beans
Below you will find step-by-step photo instructions and supplementary tips.
- 200 g green beans
- 1 tsp salt I use Himalayan salt
- 80 g bacon
- 1 pc red onion or yellow or white onion
- 1/2 pc clove of garlic
- 3 pinches pepper
- 30 g Butter
- Wash and dry the beans and cut off the ends.
- Prepare the beans for blanching. Place a pot of water on top and bring to the boil. Season to taste with salt.
- Place the beans in the boiling water and blanch until al dente.
- Then cool the cooked beans in cold water. Water with ice cubes is ideal.
- Cut the beans into small pieces.
- Halve and peel the onion and garlic. Cut the garlic into small pieces.
- Finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Saute the bacon in the pot and fry until crispy, then add the onion slices and sweat along. Add the garlic and leave to simmer next to the heat.
- Add the cooled and drained beans to the bacon and onions.
- Next refine with neutral oil or pumpkin seed oil. Try salad and season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
3. Calories of Bacon Beans, the Nutritional values at a Glance
4. Matching recipesThe butter beans recipe can be found elsewhere! Side salads:
Potato Salad Recipes
tomato salad Bacon beans go with it:
Steak with beans
knuckles of lamb
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Side Dishes Recipes
- Vegetables Side Dishes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German