Asparagus with Ham Recipe, preparing the Classic with a sure Recipe
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Sauce Hollandaise easy to prepareHere my short instruction for the preparation of the simple sauce Hollandais:
- I let the sauce be whipped by the kitchen machine.
- The sauce over the water bath to whip up is void, for it…
- I heat I the high-grade steel impact bowl of the kitchen machine in the oven at 90°C for 20 minutes.
- The butter in a pot boil up, brown and by a fine sieve pass, then on 90°C let cool down.
- Prepare the reduction for the sauce Hollandaise and make ready.
- Egg yolks separate and make ready.
- Peel the asparagus, cook until al dente,
- wrap the ham around it, put it on the plates,
- put it in the oven, remove the stainless steel bowl,
- increase the oven temperature to 140°C, prepare the sauce and place it on the plates.
- Serve with freshly chopped chives.
1.1 Cooking video Prepare Hollandaise SauceIt’s very easy, just watch the video now and cook it yourself 🙂
2. Asparagus with Ham RecipeSUPER, now you are optimally prepared, all ingredients follow with exact details. Let’s start…!
Asparagus with Ham and Sauce Hollandaise
Asparagus and ham recipe with cooking video for adding the sauce Hollandaise. A professional cook’s guide by Thomas Sixt.
For Sauce Hollandaise
|30-50||ml||chili pepper dry|
|Salt (I use Himalayan salt!)|
|Pepper (I'm using white pepper here!)|
Ham and Asparagus
|300||g||Black Forest ham (thinly cut into slices)|
|1||bunch||white asparagus (You can also use green asparagus!)|
|Salt (I use Himalayan salt!)|
|1||tbs||butter (Du kannst auch von der geklärten Butter für die Soße etwas nehmen!)|
|1||bunch||chives (Du kannst auch Petersilie oder Kerbel verwenden!)|
Sauce Hollandaise prepare
Place the stainless steel striking bowl from the mixer or another high and thick stainless steel bowl in the oven. Place the plates in the oven to serve. Heat the oven at 80-100°C hot air.
Prepare the reduction for the Hollandaise sauce: Peel the shallot, cut into fine cubes and bring to the boil with white wine, water, vinegar, parsley, tarragon, bay leaf and peppercorns. Reduce the reduction to 3-4 tablespoons, pass through a sieve and make ready.
Heat the butter for the Hollandaise sauce in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Clarify the butter to a light brown shade, then pass through a fine sieve and let it temper next to the stove (approx. 90°C).
Ham and Asparagus prepare
Peel the asparagus and cook in salted water with some sugar until al dente. Remove the asparagus and drain. Wrap the ham slices around the asparagus spears and keep warm in the oven.
Remove the warm stainless steel bowl from the oven. Pour the egg yolks into the bowl, let the mixer run at a high speed with the whisk, let the prepared reduction run in slowly.
Add the hot butter slowly by the spoonful, then faster. The egg yolks and the butter must emulsify immediately and combine. Season the hollandaise sauce with a little chilli or cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let the mixer run slowly.
Take the plates out of the oven. Place the asparagus spears with the ham on the preheated plates. Pour the Hollandaise sauce over them and decorate with chives. Serve quickly! Enjoy your meal!
Important: The Hollandaise sauce can be kept warm in the oven at 90°C for about 15 minutes. Then simply whip again… Put a thin slice of butter on the sauce, so the sauce does not draw any skin when warm!
3. Calories (kcal) Asparagus with Ham and Sauce Hollandaise
4. More Articles and Recipes
Other recipes with asparagus and sauce Hollandaise:
Asparagus recipes by Kochprofi Thomas Sixt