Here I show you a simple recipe for Asparagus Soup with step by step instructions and many photos.
The asparagus season in Germany begins in the middle to the end of April and traditionally ends on 24 June, which is St John’s Day, popularly known as asparagus New Year’s Eve.
I cook the classic asparagus soup here with asparagus and asparagus remains. The asparagus peels and sections bring a great aroma to the soup. As a soup addition, I have in addition to pieces of asparagus also fried herbseitlinge supplemented, so some color in the otherwise white soup.
I wish you all the best! Enjoy the delicious asparagus soup!
1. Asparagus Soup with Mushrooms
- 300 g white asparagus
- 500 ml vegetable broth I like to use organic vegetable broth!
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 1 pc lemon
- 50 g Butter
- 250 ml cream
- some brown cane sugar
- cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp starch Guide value for the binding to the asparagus cream soup!
- 80 g cold butter
- 150 g herb mushrooms
- 30 g Butter
- 1/2 bunch parsley I also like to use chervil!
- Cut off the ends of the asparagus spears and peel them.
- Prepare the asparagus broth: Place the asparagus peels and asparagus remains in a pot. I also add some small pieces of asparagus, without asparagus tips, to the soup. This allows the asparagus broth to develop a powerful taste. Add cold vegetable stock, white wine, a slice of lemon, salt, pepper and some sugar and bring to the boil. Remove the lemon slice after boiling. Let the soup steep for 15-20 minutes. Optionally you can add a sliced potato, the starch of the potato binds the soup.
- Cut the tips of the asparagus and the remaining asparagus into bite-sized pieces and provide them as an extra insert. I have also included herb mushrooms in the mixture, cut the mushrooms in half or cut them into small pieces.
- Fry the herbs in a pan with butter, season with salt and pepper and finish with freshly chopped parsley. Keep the mushrooms warm for serving.
- Pass the asparagus broth through a fine sieve and put it back on the stove.
- Bring the asparagus broth to the boil, add the raw asparagus pieces for the soup and cook until al dente.
- Remove the asparagus tips from the asparagus broth and place them in a bowl. You can also add the asparagus pieces to the herbs and keep them warm.
- Bring the asparagus stock to the boil and pour the cream into the boiling asparagus stock. Season the soup with salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. You can now bind the soup to taste with cold mixed cornflour: Mix the starch in a little cold water. Slowly add the cornstarch water to the boiling soup until the desired binding of the soup is achieved. Mix the asparagus cream soup with the cold Buter until foamy.
- Arrange the prepared asparagus pieces and herbseitlinge in warmed soup plates.
- Mix the soup again and pour with asparagus foam into the prepared soup plates. Decorate the soup with parsley or chervil and serve quickly.