The recipe Asparagus Soup with Salmon I introduce to you in this article.
After all, the asparagus season needs a little change every now and then, so new ideas are needed.
I like the combination of salmon and asparagus very much. I recommend the soup for the guest kitchen and if you want to prepare a low carb dinner in the evening.
I wish you good luck! Enjoy the delicious asparagus soup!
1. Salmon and Asparagus, some Facts
Salmon and asparagus, the two ingredients are excellent. So today I cooked a soup with the popular fish.
I briefly fry the fish fillets cut into strips in a frying pan, which adds great roasting aromas to the fish. These again get along very well with the asparagus taste…
Important: First cook the soup, then fry the fish and serve with the foamed soup!
You can also add cod, redfish, sea bass, plaice and sole as well as fried pike-perch and trout fillet to the soup. Please feel invited to improvise.
2. Recipe Asparagus Soup with fried Salmon
Now we go into the kitchen… following the exact quantities of ingredients and step by step photos.
Wish you good luck! You can use the comment function at the bottom of the page to send us your cooking questions.
- 300 g white asparagus
- 500 ml vegetable broth I like use organic vegetable broth
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 1 pc lemon
- 50 g Butter
- 250 ml cream
- some brown cane sugar
- Cayenne pepper
- 4 pinches brown sugar
- 1 tsp starch guidance for the binding to the asparagus cream soup!
- 80 g cold butter
- 150 g salmon fillet
- 30 g Butter
- 2 twigs majoram I also like to use chervil!
- Peel the asparagus spears and cut off the ends.
- Prepare an asparagus broth in a large pot: Place the asparagus peels and asparagus remains in the pot. I also add small pieces of asparagus without asparagus tips, so that a powerful asparagus broth develops. Then add cold vegetable stock, white wine, a slice of lemon, salt, pepper and some sugar and bring the asparagus stock to the boil. Remove the lemon slice. Let the broth steep for 15-20 minutes. Optionally you can also cook potato slices, I like to use them to bind the soup.
- Cut the tips of the asparagus and the remaining asparagus into bite-sized pieces and provide them as an extra insert.
- Remove the potato slices from the asparagus stock and prepare them separately. Pass the asparagus broth through a fine sieve and put it back on the stove.
- Bring the asparagus broth to the boil, add the raw asparagus pieces for the soup and cook until al dente.
- Remove the asparagus tips from the asparagus broth and place them in a bowl to keep them warm.
- Bring the asparagus stock to the boil and pour the cream into the boiling asparagus stock. Season the soup with salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. You can now bind the soup by adding the cooked potato slices and cold mixed starch. Stir the starch into approx. 80 ml cold water. Mix the asparagus soup with the potato slices and check the binding of the soup. Now bind with the cornflour as required: Slowly add the water with the starch to the boiling soup until the desired binding of the soup is reached. Cook the soup for 2 minutes so that the starch taste evaporates. Mix the asparagus cream soup with the cold butter until foamy.
- Cut the salmon fillet into strips, my strips had a thickness of 5 mm. Season the salmon pieces with salt and pepper and fry briefly on both sides over high heat.
- Arrange the asparagus tips in warm soup plates.
- Arrange the salmon pieces with the asparagus pieces.
- Pour the frothed soup into the plates. Finish the soup herbs decorated and serve quickly. Enjoy your meal!
3. Asparagus Soup Calories, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
4. More tasty Ideas for Soup and Asparagus SoupAll Soup Recipes Asparagus soup recipe
Asparagus soup with coconut milk
Asparagus soup and asparagus cream soup, a detailed recipe with many tips