OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I show you my recipe for asparagus soup with coconut milk. To cook yourself there is a step by step guide with many photos.
The exotic asparagus soup with coconut milk is a great change during the asparagus season. I use green and white asparagus and wish you every success! Enjoy the delicious asparagus soup!
1. Asparagus Season
Fresh asparagus is often already available in March. The time for domestic asparagus in Germany begins in the middle to end of April and ends traditionally on Johannistag, that is 24 June.
This day is popularly called asparagus New Year’s Eve.
2. Recipe Asparagus Coconut Milk Soup
- 300 g white asparagus
- 100 g green asparagus
- 500 ml vegetable broth I like to use organic vegetable broth!
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1 pc lime You can also use lemon!
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 pc lemon gras
- soy sauce
- Cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tsp starch Guide value for the binding to the asparagus cream soup!
- 50 g peanut oil
- 250 ml coconut milk
- etwas brown raw sugar
- 1-2 tsp Sesam
- 1/4 bunch coriander or parsley
- 1 pc chilli pepper you can also use dried chili
- Prepare the asparagus for the soup: Cut off the ends of the asparagus spears and peel the spears. Peel the white asparagus about 3 cm below the tip. Peel green asparagus spears only on the underside about 6 cm.
- Prepare an asparagus broth: Place the asparagus peels and asparagus remains in a pot. Add cold vegetable stock, white wine, a slice of lime and ginger, broken and beaten lemongrass, some soy sauce, pepper, cayenne pepper and some sugar. Mix the starch with a little cold water and add immediately. Let the soup steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the asparagus tips and the remaining asparagus into bite-sized pieces. Make about half of the prepared asparagus, mainly asparagus tips, available as an extra insert. Sweat the rest of the asparagus in an extra pot with peanut oil.
- Pass the prepared asparagus broth through a fine sieve to the sweaty asparagus and put it back on the stove.
- Bring the asparagus broth to the boil, add the raw asparagus pieces for the soup and cook until al dente.
- Remove the asparagus tips from the asparagus broth and place them in a bowl.
- Bring the asparagus stock to the boil, add the coconut milk to the boiling asparagus stock and mix. Season the soup with pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar and soy sauce.
- Heat the soup and remix the asparagus pieces in the warm soup bowls as a soup insert. Pour the soup on top, decorate with asparagus tips, finely chopped coriander, sesame and chilli and serve. Enjoy your meal!
3. Calories Asparagus Soup with Coconut Milk, Nutritional Values at a Glance
4. Other Tasty Soups And Asparagus Soup RecipesAll Soup Recipes Asparagus creme soup with prawns
Asparagus soup with herb mushrooms
Spargelsuppe und Spargelcremesuppe, ein ausführliches Rezept mit vielen Tipps
OTHER LANGUAGES: German