Here I present you my recipe Asparagus Salad with Prawns. You can cook this salad very quickly and easily.
My salad with asparagus and prawns is ideal on warm days and looks elegant on the table.
In the article you find my tips and ideas… Good luck!
1. Lettuce fresh and colourful
The basis for the salad is a crisply fresh, colourful leaf salad enriched with asparagus and tomatoes. The fried prawns are topped on the salad.
2. Main Ingredients
I use fresh leaf salads, the more colorful the better… the varieties are: Lollo Rosso, Lollo Bianco, Radicchio, oak leaf lettuce, lamb’s lettuce…
My asparagus comes this time in boiling salt water. Cooked until firm to the bite, I marinate the asparagus later. You can use green or white fresh asparagus. I have used fresh white asparagus here. The green asparagus is usually available around the year in supermarkets, the white asparagus has season in Germany from April to June. Otherwise it is an imported product.
I give this salad as topping prawns. You can recognise raw prawns by their grey colour. I fry the prawns in a pan briefly and quickly over high heat.
One of my favourite dressings is the standard dressing of my loved ones: a mixture of white wine vinegar, orange juice, oil, mustard, honey and spices. It goes exceptionally well with my asparagus salad.
2. Recipe for Lettuce with Asparagus and Prawns
Now it’s time to start, here are the last tips before you start to cook…
You can vary the leaf salads, use green or white asparagus and always get a successful asparagus salad.
If guests come and you need something vegetarian:
The shrimps are the topping, you can also change the ingredients and use goat cheese instead of shrimps.
Have a look at the goat cheese salad, where I will show you how to refine the goat cheese 🙂
Have fun with your individual composition and good luck!
- 200 g lettuce for example: Lollo Rosso, Lollo Bianco, oak leaf, radicchio and frisée
- 60 g vine tomatoes small tomatoes
- 200 g asparagus white or green asparagus
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 g Butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 100 g prawns
- 50 g oil
- 1 pc clove of garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard medium hot
- 1 tbs honey or agave syrup
- 3 tbs rapeseed oil
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch pepper I like to use green ground pepper.
- Peel the white asparagus and cut off the ends briefly. Place the peeled asparagus in a pot with plenty of water. Enrich with salt, sugar and butter and cook for about 10 minutes. Then take the asparagus out of the water and cut into pleasantly large pieces.
- Wash the fresh leaf salad and spin dry in the salad spinner. Tear the lettuce into bite-sized leaf pieces by hand. Spread over the salad bowls in portions. Halve the small tomatoes and spread over the salad.
- Press out an orange for the dressing. A finished direct juice from oranges can also be used as a substitute..
- Now mix the dressing with the orange juice, white wine vinegar, mustard, honey, oil, salt and pepper to an emulsion with the whisk.
- Put the prawns in a hot pan with oil, halve the garlic and pepper, add salt. Brown only SHORTly from both sides.
- Marinate the lukewarm asparagus and the prepared leaf salad with the salad dressing and serve. Topping the salad with the prawns. Enjoy your meal! ... Almost forgotten... Cut the tomatoes in half or slice them to decorate the salad.