Asparagus in the Oven, Asparagus in Alufoil like a Star Cook Prepare
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
- 1. What to consider when buying and preparing Asparagus
- 2. Prepare Asparagus in the Oven
- 3. Asparagus in Aluminium Foil Step by Step Instructions
- 4. Prepare Asparagus in the Aluminium Foil in the Oven
- 5. Calories (kcal) Asparagus prepared in Aluminium Foil in the Oven, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
1. What to consider when buying and preparing AsparagusWhen shopping, please prefer local asparagus. Local asparagus is healthier and has no mileage account! The German asparagus season begins in April and ends on 24 June on St John’s Day. St John’s Day is popularly known as the Asparagus New Year’s Eve.
Local asparagus is healthier than imported goods!
1.1 How to recognize fresh asparagus?You can recognize good and fresh asparagus by its shiny skin and closed asparagus heads. Fresh asparagus has no brown spots… Asparagus fresh, the ends should not be dried.
1.2 Peel asparagus properlyYou can peel the asparagus just like a professional chef:
- Start by peeling the white asparagus about 3 cm below the tips.
- Only peel green asparagus about 5 cm at the end.
2. Prepare Asparagus in the OvenYou can either fry the asparagus in the oven or cook it in a closed container or in aluminium foil in its own juice. The recipe asparagus roasted in the oven shows you the variant asparagus with roasted aromas, the asparagus tastes like grilled. The variant asparagus in its own juice, in aluminium foil, I show you here in the recipe. For both variants, you don’t have to precook the asparagus. That saves working time and energy…
3. Asparagus in Aluminium Foil Step by Step InstructionsI like the preparation of asparagus in aluminium foil, that is practical and sure to work. Who pays attention to the environmental aspect can also use a lockable roaster with lid! Here are the steps with photos: I’ll show you how to peel the asparagus thoroughly in the article above. The asparagus spears in aluminium foil with the ingredients. The sugar is in my hand, so it is missing in the picture. Asparagus in aluminium foil, seasoned and with pieces of butter. Now seal the asparagus in the aluminium foil and cook the asparagus packets in the oven at 190 °C top/bottom heat for 25-30 minutes. Asparagus side dishes in the oven As a side dish to the asparagus in the oven, I recommend you:
- Jacket potatoes or peeled and boiled potatoes
- Oven potatoes (cut into quarters and cook in the oven with the asparagus!)
- Baguette or gluten-free bread (ideal for dunking asparagus juice / asparagus butter!)
4. Prepare Asparagus in the Aluminium Foil in the OvenHere follows the detailed recipe asparagus in aluminium foil with all quantities. I wish you good luck!
Asparagus in the Oven in Aluminium Foil
Asparagus in the oven in aluminium foil, simple asparagus recipe with step-by-step instructions and many tips from chef Thomas Sixt.
|60||ml||dry white wine (optional!)|
Side Dishes and Decoration
|1||packet||Cress (or chives cut in fine rings)|
Peel and prepare the asparagus as described in the article.
Preheat the oven to top/bottom heat at 190°C.
Peel the asparagus according to the instructions in the article.
Prepare two aluminium foil sheets with a length of approx. 40 cm. Place 10 peeled asparagus spears on the mat side of the aluminium foil in the middle.
Season asparagus with salt, pepper, some sugar and nutmeg. Add the butter to the asparagus and whip up the aluminium foil. Optionally pour in the white wine and close the asparagus packets tightly.
Place the prepared asparagus in aluminium foil on a baking tray and place in a preheated oven. Set the kitchen alarm clock to 30 minutes.
Take the asparagus packets out of the oven and put them on plates. Open the aluminium foil. Serve asparagus with cress or chives and parmesan.