Asparagus Cream Soup Recipe from the cook professional, the creamy asparagus soup we cook today with step by step instructions and many photos.
I have added North Sea crabs to the soup, these special shrimps have an excellent taste and harmonize wonderfully with the creamy soup.
For your information: The German asparagus season starts in the middle of April and ends traditionally on June 24th. The asparagus cream soup is, as the name suggests, a creamy soup with a strong binding. The soup sticks better to the palate and many people like the creamy taste experience.
I wish you good luck! Enjoy the delicious asparagus soup!
1. Recipe Asparagus Cream Soup
- 300 g white asparagus
- 500 ml vegetable broth I like to use organic vegetable broth!
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 1 pc lemon
- 50 g Butter
- 250 ml cream
- etwas brown cane sugar
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp starch Guide value for the binding to the asparagus cream soup!
- 80 g cold butter
- 150 g herb mushrooms
- 30 g Butter
- 1/2 bunch parsley I also like to use chervil!
- 200 g North Sea crabs I also like to use shrimps
- 50 g nut butter
- Cut off the ends of the asparagus spears and peel them.
- Prepare the asparagus stock in a large pot: Place the asparagus peels and asparagus remains in the pot. I also add small pieces of asparagus without asparagus tips, so that a powerful asparagus broth develops. Then add cold vegetable stock, white wine, a slice of lemon, salt, pepper and some sugar and bring the asparagus stock to the boil. Remove the lemon slice. Let the broth steep for 15-20 minutes. Optionally you can also cook potato slices, I like to use them to bind the soup.
- Cut the tips of the asparagus and the remaining asparagus into bite-sized pieces and provide them as an extra insert. I have also included herbal sideburns in the filling, halve the pizzles or cut them into small pieces.
- Remove the potato slices from the asparagus stock and prepare them separately. Pass the asparagus broth through a fine sieve and put it back on the stove.
- Bring the asparagus broth to the boil, add the raw asparagus pieces for the soup and cook until al dente.
- Remove the asparagus tips from the asparagus broth and place them in a bowl. You can also add the asparagus pieces to the herbs and keep them warm.
- Bring the asparagus stock to the boil and pour the cream into the boiling asparagus stock. Season the soup with salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. You can now bind the soup by adding the cooked potato slices and cold mixed starch. Stir the starch into approx. 80 ml cold water. Mix the asparagus soup with the potato slices and check the binding of the soup. Now bind with the cornflour as required: Slowly add the water with the starch to the boiling soup until the desired binding of the soup is reached. Cook the soup for 2 minutes so that the starch taste evaporates. Mix the asparagus cream soup with the cold butter until foamy.
- Briefly toss the crabs in the hot nut butter and season with pepper. Arrange the prepared asparagus pieces in the middle of the soup plates. Add the frothed soup. Sprinkle the soup with prawns and parsley and serve quickly. Enjoy your meal!