OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I have something wonderful for you: today I show you my recipe Apricot Tart with Shortcrust Pastry.
I prefer to bake this apricot cake in small moulds. The appearance is sensational and the cute little cakes are a real pleasure.
You want to shine in the bakery? You can serve this apricot dessert as dessert or serve it to your guests in the afternoon with their coffee.
For an absolutely successful baking experience, you will find many photos below as step-by-step instructions.
Now we start at the bowls and the oven… I wish you all the best!
1. Tarte with Apricots, so tasty!
The cake preparation begins with the shortcrust pastry. So that the cake base gets a great aroma I add vanilla aroma. Sugar, flour, lemon grater, butter and egg should not be missing.
Otherwise you can conjure up the vanilla taste with a vanilla pod. Scrape out a pod and pour the pulp into the dough.
Vanilla and apricot taste better than garlic pill…
Ever heard of “blind baking” … For this you don’t need to blindfold yourself but you need dried peas or beans in addition to the expected ingredients.
The dough in the tin needs some weight on top for baking. So the cake dough doesn’t rise too high. This is called blind baking.
If making the dough yourself is too much work for you, then I recommend my apricot tarts with marzipan and puff pastry. They go even faster and the recipe comes from the star kitchen.
Alternatively I have a classic sponge cake for you: Apricot cake simply …
As a filling for the cake I copied a lot from the cheesecake. When you have baked the cake forms with the shortcrust pastry, you can dare to try the filling.
I put curd cheese into the filling. Only just enough to give the apricots a great taste bed. The details can be found further down in the recipe, for now a quick overview of the ingredients…
- Shortcrust dough in moulds or blind baked in moulds
- Cream as a filling, based on a cheesecake filling
- Apricots and apricot jam with rum
I’ve kept the apricot jam from you so far. There is always a little rum to it, so that the taste reaches the zenith.
We need the pimped jam to spread out the baked shortcrust pastry and later to glaze the baked apricot tartes.
Another tip on the side: If you plan the cake for Sunday, prepare the shortcrust one day before. The dough can then ripen and develop its flavour even better.
At the same time, the baking pleasure increases because part of the cake is already ready.
You expect a lot of guests? Would you like to serve the Tarte as a grand finale to your loved ones?
You can freeze the moulds, which are lined with shortcrust pastry, raw or unbaked and use them to prepare them in advance. That’s handy because on the big day you only have to worry about the filling.
3. Recipe Apricot Tart
Here is the recipe for fine cakes. Have fun with it! For questions you can reach me via the comment function at the bottom of the page.
- 125 g flour finely sifted
- 2 tbsp icing sugar finely sifted
- 1 pinch salt
- 75 g Butter room-warm
- 1 pc egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanillearoma
- 1-2 tsp Lemon abrasion an organic lemon
- 200 g dried peas or dried beans to weigh down the shortcrust pastry during baking
- 3 pc eggs
- 2 pc egg yolk
- 160 g brown sugar
- 100 ml cream
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon abrasion an organic lemon
- 250 g curd cheese
- 1 tsp Vanillearoma Alternatively, I like to use the pulp of a vanilla pod.
- 1 pinch mace
- 10 pc apricots untreated and well washed
- 1-2 tbsp Apricot jam
- 1-2 tsp Rum
- Sieve the flour and the icing sugar into a bowl. I used a gluten-free flour, I will tell you the brand on request! Form a hollow in the middle.
- Pour the egg yolk into the bowl, add the butter, a pinch of salt and the vanilla flavour. Mix the ingredients with your hands. Start in the trough and gradually work your way out. Knead well and form a ball.
- Wrap the dough ball for the shortcrust pastry in a plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C. I have prepared my cakes with hot air. Coat several small moulds or a large cake mould with soft butter.
- It is best to roll out the shortcrust pastry between two layers of cling film or baking paper to a thickness of approx. 3 mm.
- Put the dough into the mould: For example, cut out round, then insert and complete the sides.
- Remove the dough residues at the edge. Cover the dough with baking paper and weigh down with dry peas or beans and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the baked short pastry tartes cool in the tin. Remove the peas as soon as possible.
- Mix the jam with the rum.
- Spread the cake base in the mould with the prepared jam.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150° C. The filling needs less heat for baking and the already baked dough does not tolerate the high heat! Put the eggs, egg yolk and sugar, cream, lemon juice and lemon grater in a bowl and mix.
- Drain the quark on a sieve, then add to the mixture and season with mace and vanilla flavour. Stir the mixture with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the shortcrust pastry moulds. I filled up to 5 mm below the edge of the dough.
- Wash and dry the apricots. Then halve and pit.
- Cut the apricot halves into thin slices and place them on the kitchen board in a fan shape.
- Carefully place the apricot stars with a dough card or a smooth turner in the middle of the tartes.
- Bake the cake for approx. 40-50 minutes until the filling has stopped. Take them out of the oven and let them cool down. Gently spread the rest of the jam on the fruit. Now arrange nicely and serve.
4. Calories (kcal) Apricot Tart with Shortcrust Pastry, an Overview of Nutritional Values
5. More Recipe Ideas...with Apricots: apricot cake with sponge mixture
apricot tart with puff pastry Cakes and Tartes: lemon muffins
tarte recipe from cookie dough
cherry cake or cherry pie
cherry tart with puff pastry
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Baking Recipes
- Cake Recipes
- Current and New Recipes
- Desserts & Sweets
- French Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German