OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I show you my Apricot Cake recipe. In Austria the apricot is affectionately called “Marille” and is especially popular. The famous Sacher cake is filled with apricot jam and therefore tastes incomparably delicious!
The apricot cake recipe is also an Marillen cake recipe :-).
For this fast fruit cake you only need a few ingredients, baking is child’s play.
I wish you a lot of fun in your home bakery!
1. Apricot Cake Shopping List and Preparation
You need for a juicy apricot cake:
- A 24cm diameter round cake baking tin
- Stirrer and bowl
- Flour, you can use wheat flour or gluten-free flour
- Vanilla sugar
- Baking powder
- Ripe, fresh apricots
- Grand Marnier or Cointreau (liqueur from orange peels)
- Apricot jam
2. Apricot Season
The main season for apricots begins in June.
Imported apricots come from Italy, France, Greece and Turkey. German apricot varieties are also available for the high season. The fruits available from December to March come from overseas.
A well-known distiller from Tyrol has also betrayed: “The best apricots fall from the tree.”
Pay attention therefore to the ripeness of the fruits and if the possibility exists, then buy apricots directly with the farmer or at the market.
3. Apricot Cake with Sponge Dough
The apricot cake with sponge mixture is the simplest fruit cake and succeeds in a short time.
I always start with the fruit topping first.
- Wash the apricots well, pat dry, halve and pit.
- Marinate the apricot halves with lemon juice and sugar in a bowl.
Thus the taste of the apricots can develop well in combination with sugar.
Now I prepare the cake tin and brush it with liquid or soft butter.
Preheat oven at 190 °C hot air. You can bake the cake on top or bottom heat. You should preheat and bake the cake at about 200°C.
Then it goes on to the dough preparation:
- Simply mix the dough ingredients in the following order.
- The dough should have a nice volume, which means whip well.
- The apricot goes well with the lemon, so you can stir enough lemon dust into the dough.
4. Glaze for Apricot Cake
If the cake is in the oven, you can take care of the preparation of the glaze in peace. Mix the apricot jam with some orange liqueur and glaze the cake with the baking brush after it has cooled down.
5. Apricot Cake Recipe
After this short outline of the baking process, I will now show you in detail, step by step with photos, how you can get a juicy, sweet-sour delicious apricot cake – homemade – step by step.
Have fun and good luck!
- 3 pc eggs
- 130 g brown sugar
- 1 pc lemon
- 1 tbs Lemon abrasion I'll have an organic lemon.
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 140 g flour
- 100 g Butter soft or slightly melted
- 10 pc apricots washed, halved, pitted
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 cl Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 tbs Apricot jam
- Preheat oven at 190°C hot air. Grease the cake tin, 24 cm diameter, with enough butter. I always like to use a kitchen paper instead of a kitchen brush.Wash, halve and stone the apricots. Marinate the apricots in sugar and lemon juice.Aufgeschlagene Eier, Zucker, Zitronenabrieb und Vanillezucker 4 Minuten schaumig verrühren.
- Add baking powder, flour and butter to the mixture and mix for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the cake mixture into the baking tin and place the prepared, sugared apricot halves inside down into the dough.
- Bake the apricot cake for 30-35 minutes at 180°C, remove the ring from the baking tin while still hot and allow the fruit cake to cool.Mix the Grand Marnier or Cointreau with the apricot jam and brush the cake with it and polish.
6. Calories (kcal) Apricot Cake, an Overview of Nutritional Values
7. Other Recipes with ApricotsAprikosenmarmelade
OTHER LANGUAGES: German